Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$14.99

Showing 1-10 of 1,819 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,333 reviews
on July 21, 2014
This is another great family movie that my wee boy loves, and if your little one loves cars then this will probably be a big hit in your home. This one is all about a crop dusting plane with big ambitions, and who his friends him achieve his dream

It's set in the cars universe so there is some definite comfort here and, much like cars it is up beat and has likeable characters, and of course the good guys come out on top in the end, It does not have the same catchy soundtrack of cars, which is a shame as my little one loves a good boogie, but that does not distract from the fun

All in all a good watch
on December 26, 2013
Planes is a great movie for kids and adults alike. Appropriate for all ages. It deals with issues that are a little deeper than "Cars." A few of those issues and topics are deception, mind over matter, overcoming fears, etc. The scenes where Dusty is racing and particularly the one where he crashes into the ocean are quite thrilling.

The planes in the international race are from different countries, and ethnic stereotypes are touched upon, so just be aware of that. You may want to decide how to talk to your child about it ahead of time. The most overt reference is probably when British Bulldog declares, "I don't cry! I'm British!" The rest is more subtle. My son loves all things "Planes," and we have a lot of the toys. I personally wasn't troubled by the stereotypes, but someone else may be.

I haven't tried to claim my digital copy yet, but the dvd works just fine for us. This regular version is for folks who don't have any of that fancy Blu-Ray stuff (that would be me!).
We had watched Cars and Cars 2 and had really enjoyed the animation and the story lines so we thought it would be worth while to try this video. Here is what we liked:

1. The attention to detail in this movie is incredible. There are many technical areas where a lot of movies miss the facts, but this movie did a superb job of getting the details right!

2. There is a very solid story line that is well developed!

3. The 90 minutes passes before you know it!

4. This is a movie for both adults and for children. There is some violence in this movie (a couple of planes get killed in a war scene), so you should be aware of that up front.

5. This is a movie that will rate been seen many times over!!

Another EXCELLENT Disney movie!!!!!
on March 5, 2017
If you get Planes Fire and Rescue, get this Planes movie, too. It explains where Dusty came from, and it's surprisingly good. Yes, it is basically a re-creation of Cars with planes instead, but it's still great fun.
on May 26, 2014
Disney is now the studio of creative re-creations, not innovation. It is very sad, since Walt Disney was a unique, marvelously ingenious and creative innovator.

Whenever a current Disney 3D production is similar in any way to another production, I know it isn't Pixar who made it. The boys at Pixar are true to the Walt-Disney spirit - nothing they produce is ever like something they've done before. Except for their unparalled superiority - we can always count on that.

This is why I was soooooo disappointed when Pixar sold to Disney. It was like selling the Mona Lisa to a flea market. I knew we'd never again see the world-class stories and animation that again and again came out of Pixar Studios, and I knew I'd never see little hopping Luxor. Current Disney makes bad decisions and bad movies. They are hacks.

Hence Planes. A rip-off of cars. Nothing creatively demanding in rewriting a story to accommodate different characters. Ho hum. Disney: One-trick ponies.
on March 17, 2017
This was okay, but didn't quite have the magic of "CARS". Cute, but not as endearing.
on January 11, 2014
My son enjoyed this movie very much. It Him entertained. He watched it more than once and that's usually a very good indication that it's a good movie
on September 26, 2016
my son loves this movie. it is great to have the option to watch it on the go.
on October 25, 2014
I bought this for my kid that loves the movie cars. He leaves the room and plays with his toys or asks for another movie to be put on. He is 3.
on December 21, 2013
my 2 year old wants to watch this everyday..he loves planes in general. Not as good as cars, but if your child enjoys planes they will enjoy this movie and it isn't too long, just under an hour so I don't mind letting my son watch it everyday.