Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$14.99

Showing 1-10 of 1,825 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,338 reviews
on October 29, 2015
I'm torn on whether I want to give this 3 or 4 stars. I felt like a few of the extremely negative reviews were accurate in saying this was just like Cars but with Planes. Obviously some changes were made, but there were a LOT of similarities. It wasn't so horrible to us that I felt it needed a 1 star review but it definitely wasn't terrific. The other problem with this movie is that my kids didn't really like it. I had a hard time keeping interest in it as well. Unfortunately, we bought this at the same time as we bought other movies from Disney (Frozen, The Princess and the Frog... stuff like that) so the kids preferred some of the other movies and have not really wanted to watch this one very much.

I guess we can consider this like most spin-offs of movies... and not as good as the original movie obviously. It doesn't seem that bad, but it was a little disappointing. We're going to try it again when the weather gets worse and I'll update if anything changes for the better or worse. For now, I would be prepared for a similar story as Cars. : /
on July 21, 2014
This is another great family movie that my wee boy loves, and if your little one loves cars then this will probably be a big hit in your home. This one is all about a crop dusting plane with big ambitions, and who his friends him achieve his dream

It's set in the cars universe so there is some definite comfort here and, much like cars it is up beat and has likeable characters, and of course the good guys come out on top in the end, It does not have the same catchy soundtrack of cars, which is a shame as my little one loves a good boogie, but that does not distract from the fun

All in all a good watch
on April 19, 2017
My 2-year-old so downloaded this tow his kids Kindle without asking first! We now have parental locks set in place, initially, he did not care about the item, however now he loves to watch he airplanes talk and fly! So even though my little stinker never should have purchases this product without asking, he now owns a pretty sweet movie!
on December 26, 2013
Planes is a great movie for kids and adults alike. Appropriate for all ages. It deals with issues that are a little deeper than "Cars." A few of those issues and topics are deception, mind over matter, overcoming fears, etc. The scenes where Dusty is racing and particularly the one where he crashes into the ocean are quite thrilling.

The planes in the international race are from different countries, and ethnic stereotypes are touched upon, so just be aware of that. You may want to decide how to talk to your child about it ahead of time. The most overt reference is probably when British Bulldog declares, "I don't cry! I'm British!" The rest is more subtle. My son loves all things "Planes," and we have a lot of the toys. I personally wasn't troubled by the stereotypes, but someone else may be.

I haven't tried to claim my digital copy yet, but the dvd works just fine for us. This regular version is for folks who don't have any of that fancy Blu-Ray stuff (that would be me!).
We had watched Cars and Cars 2 and had really enjoyed the animation and the story lines so we thought it would be worth while to try this video. Here is what we liked:

1. The attention to detail in this movie is incredible. There are many technical areas where a lot of movies miss the facts, but this movie did a superb job of getting the details right!

2. There is a very solid story line that is well developed!

3. The 90 minutes passes before you know it!

4. This is a movie for both adults and for children. There is some violence in this movie (a couple of planes get killed in a war scene), so you should be aware of that up front.

5. This is a movie that will rate been seen many times over!!

Another EXCELLENT Disney movie!!!!!
on September 29, 2016
My son was a huge fan of cars the movie so we thought we would try this one. He wasn't a huge fan of cars 2, but I absolutely loved this one along with the original. I would definitely recommend it for any toddler boys that have fascinations with talking planes trains and automobiles.
on March 5, 2017
If you get Planes Fire and Rescue, get this Planes movie, too. It explains where Dusty came from, and it's surprisingly good. Yes, it is basically a re-creation of Cars with planes instead, but it's still great fun.
on March 28, 2016
Was an okay movie. Had a few chuckles and a nice story of overcoming your fears and limitations, but it wasn't up to the standards of previous Disney or Pixar feature animated films.
on March 17, 2017
This was okay, but didn't quite have the magic of "CARS". Cute, but not as endearing.
on January 11, 2014
My son enjoyed this movie very much. It Him entertained. He watched it more than once and that's usually a very good indication that it's a good movie