Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 27, 2012
I got a pair of these and really like the heel band to keep the covers on the shoe. I use these over some mountain bike shoes (size large cover over size 42 Mtb shoes) and they cover the toes well. This seems consistent with my experience that you need to buy one size larger when fitting covers or booties over non-road bike shoes. The covers also are a little larger than the Pearl Izumi toe covers and cover more of the front foot. This keeps your toes warmer, and I need a variety of foot protection for year-round commuting, so these fit a good niche for cold mornings but warm afternoons.

On the other hand, the cutouts (pre-marked to connect to SPD or Look pedals) on the bottom of the covers were a little confusing, as both of the covers are labeled with a large L on the rubber bottom below the cleat cutout. I thought that I might have gotten a returned pair that was improperly packaged with two left covers, but turns out these are just poorly labeled as the covers are clearly different with the logo on the outside and cutout patterns that work well for the right and left shoes.

I did slip a little when using a box cutter to cut the bottom, so the corner got ripped, but hasn't been a problem so far. I think it would be better if they pre-cut the bottoms for spd pedals and then they could make the bottoms a little more durable. My experience is that these shoe covers wear quickly no matter what when you have to walk in them.
on January 8, 2016
I got huge feet (47) and the XXL fit well. The Castelli shoe covers I got at the bike store (XL) were a lot more expensive and are a pain to put on as they are too small. On my morning commute I've had some temperatures that are in the upper 30s/low 40s and these will keep my toes in the mildly numb but feeling ok zone, which is a big improvement over the painfully numb feeling I would be getting if I had no shoe covers. They're also nice for keeping the water and gunk from rainy streets off your feet.

Be careful how you cut out the hole. It gives you a nice outline of where to cut depending on whether you use MTB/Touring SPD (smaller cut) or Road SPD-SL. I use the smaller cleats for my morning commute and cut it out accordingly. Where I cut a tiny bit too far the rip has expanded and a rip has developed on one of the sides. So far this has not effected their effectiveness but time will tell. The bottoms are made of a material that you're not going to walk to walk around a lot on.
These shoe covers are easy to carry, easy to put on, and help keep my toes from freezing. I wear a size 11 shoes and bought the XL and they fit over my Shimano shoes well. I have had them for about a year. They work as expected. I used to have a neoprene pair I liked better, so thus the four stars.
on March 23, 2016
The pros: They definitely kept my feet warmer and the XXL size fit my US 12.5 size shoes. It wasn't difficult to put them on or take them off. Good price.

The cons: the marked area to cutout for SPD or Look cleats are nowhere near where my cleats are actually located. I found that for XPD, cutting the front and sides as marked was fine, but I extended the side cuts back to the rear edge for the Look cleats. Not a big deal, and not difficult to do. As others have said, the bottoms of these things don't feel very durable, but I'd take them off if I had to do more walking than I would around a rest stop.
on February 14, 2017
Works well keeping toes warm(er); sole was easy to cut & the cleat engages no problem. The elastic heel strap could be tighter -- I needed XXL to fit over chunky commuting shoes and the fit is right (size 47), but the strap doesn't keep them particularly tight against the front of the shoe. Reflective logos on the side are nice, but disappointed they didn't do the same on the heel -- there's a large oval piece of leather with a white, non-reflective Planet Bike logo. That much ugly should be functional and that's a logical place for reflective material. Covered it with Scotchlite, which probably won't stay put long. Overall, pleased for the money.
on November 6, 2012
I received these a few weeks ago and have ridden with them several times. Their best feature is they are thicker and more substantial than most toe covers. I have ridden with these in temperatures from 50 all the way down to 30. Anything lower than that you will certainly need booties. If your toes get cold easily then you might want to go to booties earlier. Most toe covers I have used are much thinner and I have to put on booties much sooner. They have thick bottoms so if you wear mountain bike shoes they wont wear through easily. Great set of toe covers, highly recommended
on October 10, 2017
Thx u
on December 31, 2014
Pricey but relatively well designed, effective product for their purpose. Don't expect a great deal of warmth, but they keep the wind and moisture out. Best feature: The strap around the heel. The worst aspect: Like all toe covers, if you walk at all in them -- which is virtually inevitable -- they quickly start to fray underneath. These are not different. Without gobbing in layers of Freesole (sole repair goop), I doubt they'd last 2 years, which is not much for the price.
on December 4, 2016
These toe covers.are.easy to put on and add protection for cold toes down to low 30 degree rides. A little hard to make cutouts for your cleat as I made.them too big, but so far so good after a dozen November and December rides in the North East. Won't ride without until Spring
on December 22, 2015
Low cost and effective for keeping my toes warm during rides of 35F to 45F temps

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.