Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Planet in Peril (CNN)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: DVD|Change

on October 26, 2007
From the very begining, It starts with the notion that can't be negated by anyone.<For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. It's one of the fundamental laws of physics -- of nature. Nothing occurs in a vacuum in the natural world. There are ripple effects > we should bear this fact in mind when we do somthing to our planet.
this documentary reminded me that what we(mankind) did for our benefits has posed a great threat to our planet. But on seeing this, I realized we still have a grip on moderating the damages we've caused. In terms of that, i was tremendously impressed by the segements related to inserting wolves in the yellowstone park. that was one great demonstration showing me that our efforts to save our planet can make a siginificant differences !( Actually, I was toooo ignorant that one specie is capable of playing such a meaningful role in the nature!!! )
furthermore,I was so shocked that people in africa emitting the least amount of CO2 have been suffering that much from the global warming.
It is really platitude to say this but How ironic this is!!!
It makes me feel so bad about them and become conscious of what I squandered..
I personally thanked CNN for letting me
be educated germane to grave problems we are facing which need to be rectified anytime soon. I hope by buying this DVD you can learn something out of this~~~
33 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2007
I was so taken with the program on CNN that I hoped I could then find it on DVD to give to my son-in-law for Christmas (they refuse to get cable). Thank you for making this available just in time for my Christmas gift list! It really is a good series ... highlighting the hot spots in the world and giving you a desire for more knowledge in many of the areas. How sad that we as a species are destroying what was a phenomenal gift ... all for the almighty dollar... which will have no value at all once we've destroyed all else!

Shipping was fast and the set is now all wrapped up to put under the tree ... Merry Christmas!
on October 26, 2007
Breath-taking. Enlightening. Emotional. Touching. Pivotal. Humbling......A Masterpiece.

"Planet in Peril" erases all lines on the map. Africa is at our doorstep. China isn't so far way. Madagascar is not just a fantasy. The Amazon jungle is our forest. Greenland is in our back garden. A Breath-taking journey...

One land. One people. One family. One struggle.

The wildlife and animals on our beautiful planet are the most delicate of our creatures. They cannot speak literally, but through their beauty and sound we hear them all around us. However, day by day that universal "song" is becoming quieter. If we could no longer hear them, the silence and loneliness would break our hearts. We would be alone, and how frightening that would be.

Common sense would tell us that we would be next...

"Planet in Peril" conveys the striking contrast of the joy in perfect beauty and the sadness of perfect misery. To hear and feel the emotions as dear fellow humans, fellow family members, explain their fear, pain and sorrow over human losses that can never be compensated by anyone except God.

We should all be grateful that "Planet in Peril", took the time to document and show us the big picture of what is happening to our planet, to our home. To listen and learn. Humbly.

What we don't treasure we often lose.

"Planet in Peril" causes one to reflect upon the fact that we must wake up and realize we are the caretakers of this earth, it's our duty. Our sacred duty.

A Masterpiece...

"A man is truly ethical only when he obeys the compulsion to help all life which he is able to assist, and shrinks from injuring anything that lives."
Albert Schweitzer, Nobel Peace Prize 1952
on February 13, 2008
I have seen a lot of films and documentaries on these subjects but nothing can compare on the honesty, compasion of these DVD's. The information the locations gave me as well as my family chills at what we truely are doing to the planet. I recommend this to families,, great for schools, for all ages its never to late to learn and help thats what this DVD does it educates and make you aware so you can help. As it says we truely are a Planet in Peril. You won't be disappointed, I hope that there will be another set to continue to show what we have lost or what we have won in the fight to save the planet.
on October 28, 2007
Planet In Peril is a very informational and fascinating piece to watch. You're educated about the issues facing the planet and how it all relates to you. So you might say how losing species thousands of miles away doesn't affect you or how pollution and drought in another country doesn't affect you either, this will make you look at things a little bit different. Planet In Peril will open your eyes to the issues facing us and future generations, it will compel you to act and maybe even go out and buy compact fluorescent lightbulbs. This film is a wonderful piece of information that needs to be seen by every single person on the face of the Earth.
on October 23, 2007
At this very moment I am watching the first airing of this program on CNN. It is fascinating and full of interesting information. The information is detailed and yet easy to understand. It doesn't resort to using sensationalism to inform. And rather than preaching, it teaches about endangered species, pollution, climate changes, etc.
I saw this on CNN and felt it was important film, with an important message, so I bought it to share with others.

Planet in Peril is truly a fascinating video that educates you on many of the issues facing out planet today, and how it relates to us...the humans that populate the planet.
They did an excellent job taking issues we do not want to think about and connecting how our lose of species thousands of miles away, droughts in other countries, and how we are polluting our planet, has put our planet in peril.

This is really an eye opening documentary, that I'll make you want to go out tomorrow and do something to save our planet...even if it is just changing your light bulbs to the energy efficient ones.
on October 17, 2011
This documentary is interesting and gives a good overview of critical issues of global concern, but I must say, the 174 minutes could have been easily reduced to 60 minutes. The reason it is sooo long is that it was made for television and the editors didn't edit out any the commercial transitions. One must endure constant reviews of what was just covered as if the commercial it edited out (thankfully) had caused the viewer to forget what was covered just before the commercial. I found this extremely annoying.
on March 3, 2014
I am a biologist and a conservationist and I must say this documentary blew me away! These men (Cooper, Gupta, and Corwin) take you on a ride through the world, showing you how it is changing and what is going on in our world. They cover topics that need to be explained and taught to the world in order to stop or treat it, such as illegal poaching, animal sales, or polluting waters/ air. The men are all captivating and very knowledgeable, and will keep you listening the whole time! On top of all that the documentary was excellently organized and inspiring, as well as beautifully shot. Animals, Humans and the Environment, all encompassed in this 3 hour special. A must watch for EVERYONE who lives on this planet! Please order a copy and expand your thoughts and ideas of the world.
on October 30, 2013
As with about all of the current documentaries, "Planet in Peril" delivers very, very devastating news. Cooper & Corwin are a very respectable and credible team. These two & their cohorts present the "bad news" very professionally. But as with Leo DiCaprio's "The Eleventh Hour" and the new "End of Poverty? Think Again"...it's too late for any permanent fixes. We do not have the knowledge bank, technology, remaining assets or required leadership to survive much longer. Maybe all of those bogus premonitions about the "end of the world" made everyone complacent. Not ME! I remembered the "Boy, Who Cried Wolf" story and its final ending from elementary school. The Wolf DID eventually come!