Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Planet Plates Set - Eight 10 Inch Melamine Astrono..." and save 13% off the $39.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $10.55 shipping
Planet Plates Set - Eight 10 Inch Melamine Astronomy Dinner Plates
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This complete set of melamine dinnerware features eight 10" original watercolor portraits of our solar system. Planet Plates are dishwasher-safe and light enough to pack for a picnic - yet sturdy enough to orbit the rowdiest potluck supper. Your buffet table can be a geocentric homage to Ptolemy... or you can let the block party know exactly what you think of Copernicus deniers!
- Contents: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. (Pluto not included. Cause it's not a planet.)
- 100% melamine. Food safe and FDA approved. Plates are not microwave safe.
- WINNER of the Museum Store Association's 2014 Buyer's Choice Award for Education & Games!
- From the Unemployed Philosophers Guild. Don't worry. We are employed, just not as philosophers. UPG is a small Brooklyn based company specializing in gifts for the sophisticated gift giver. Click on our brand name near the product title on this page for more presents of mind.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||The Unemployed Philosophers Guild||River Colony Trading||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||SmartHeroShop||Aquaterra Living|
Brought to You by The Unemployed Philosophers Guild The origins of the Unemployed Philosophers Guild are shrouded in mystery. Some accounts trace the Guild's birth to Athens in the latter half of the 4th century BCE. Allegedly, several lesser philosophers grew weary of the endless Socratic dialogue endemic in their trade and turned to crafting household implements and playthings. (Hence the assertions that Socrates quaffed his hemlock poison from a Guild-designed chalice, though vigorous debate surrounds the question of whether it was a "disappearing" chalice.) Others argue that the UPG dates from the High Middle Ages, when the Philosophers Guild entered the world of commerce by selling bawdy pamphlets to pilgrims facing long lines for the restroom. Business boomed until 1211 when Pope Innocent III condemned the publications. Not surprisingly, this led to increased sales, even as half our membership was burned at the stake. More recently, revisionist historians have pinpointed the birth of the Guild to the time it was still cool to live in New York City's Lower East Side. Two brothers turned their inner creativity and love of paying rent towards fulfilling the people's needs for finger puppets, warm slippers, coffee cups, and cracking up at stuff.