Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,693 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,251 reviews
on September 11, 2017
You can never go wrong with narration from Mr. Attenborough and amazing footage of landscapes and wildlife. On a big screen, this is basically a huge showcase of crisp, pristine picture to show off your awesome TV abilities.
Why is this show so amazing? Well first of all, its informative and the cinematography is awe inspiring. The soft and direct voice of ol' Dave will keep you enthralled until the credits. Also the show is separated into the different biomes (kinda) and that's always convenient.

Basically what I'm trying to say: If you have a Blu-Ray player, you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't have this piece of art in your library.
on June 26, 2017
This series is amazing. I have the region 2 dvd and watching it was like one of the best 11 hours of my life. The picture, the sound and most importantly the animals, places, and everything else it shows is fantastic. If you are a fan of wildlife documentaries you must own the dvd set, or if you prefer the blu ray or the hd dvd version; only that those two don't have special features, but still the series is great. And of course the final touch that also makes this series as great as it is, a narration by David Attenborough. You really need to watch this!!!
on August 5, 2016
I absolutely love this collection. The cinematography and narration are outstanding! I cannot imagine how much time, energy, efforts, and resources were put into production. I bought two sets, one for myself to keep, and one as a birthday present for my little nephew. The series is educational and reaches to a wide range of audience. There are some scenes that capture the cruel (honest but not gruesome) side of the animal kingdom, such as hunting and struggling polar bears, so some parents might not want to show to very young children. However, at the same time, those could also be the moments for parents to teach/explain animal behaviors and the impacts of global warming. I look forward to watching this with our son when he's old enough to understand.
on April 30, 2017
I normally don't watch things like this, but this series was so well made, and so fascinating, we watched it within a few weeks. Highly, highly recommend it. The narration, the visuals, the facts about our planet were all incredible features of this show.
We finally stepped into the new world today. We have one of the first new Sony 46" XBR4 LCD TVs and this amazing Blu-Ray Planet Earth set of disks. The combination of Blu-Ray, the Sony XBR4, the amazing close ups and panoramas, the dialog from David Attenborough, and God's creation are mesmerizing. We put it on at dinner time but forgot to eat as scene after scene stunned us. Throughout the first two segments of the first disk as each new scene came onto the screen you could hear, "wow", and "Oh", and "amazing" spoken out loud in the living room. The new world is very very good. I highly recommend this disk set. It is educational, vivid, stunning, and wonderful. They must have spent weeks to capture the Great White coming out of the water with a seal in its mouth, coming clean out of the water in the process. We haven't seen it all so can't speak of the quality of the vidow throughout the whole disk set but what we've seen is the sharpest, clearest, and most colorful images I've ever seen.
on July 25, 2015
the best wild life series ever made. between blue planet and planet earth there is no other program that can come close. I very rarely give anything 5 stars and shows like this are the reason. This series has the best shots, accurate information, and is narrated by Sir David Attenborough. As stated earlier if you haven't seen the sister series to Planet Earth called Blue Planet I highly recommend it as well.
on April 11, 2015
This is a wonderful series. Make sure to get the David Attenborough version, and make sure to get the version that has the Diaries at the end of each DVD. They give a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most interesting and challenging animals or places to film. And they are funny! Some of the cheaper editions you can find for sale omit these Diaries, and it's really, really worth getting the full version that contains them.

We watch one episode at a time during Documentary Dinners with our kids, ages 7, 6, and 4. Even young kids can get a lot out of this series. It really broadens their understanding of the world and its amazing natural diversity. The dialogue is not aimed at kids (which we like), but we pause a lot and discuss what is happening, and give the kids extra background information when we can (we are both biologists, and we homeschool... you can see why we love this series!). It is also nice to have a map or globe nearby for pointing out the filming locations.
on May 2, 2017
Nature is the absolute perfect thing for showing off the glory and splendor of HD, and no-one makes better nature documentaries than David Attenborough. I've only seen this on regular tv so far and i was blown away, can't wait for this. Oh, and a hint for people buying here in the UK, Customs' charges are free up to a certain amount if you are buying it as a present for someone else, then I think it's still cheaper after that amount too. Combine that with the fact that you can mark your packages on Amazon to be labelled as gifts...
on December 25, 2014
fell apart when opened up on christmas... Waiting to see if they'll send a new one
review image
on August 8, 2007
Well I bought the DVDs and they looked so bad compared to what I watched on HDTV that I broke down and bought a blu-ray player and this set on Blu-ray. By all means buy it if you like nature documentaries. I've watched some episodes twice already and was not bored. Anyway, they look great too, but there is no reason that for even more money than the DVDs they don't include the extras. The 10 minute docs after each episode are wonderful and show you what the film teams went through. Literally days of hiding out in a tent just to get a few minutes of the birds of paradise footage. Well you'll have to rent the DVDs to see it all if you buy these. Are they really 25GB discs? If so, that is even more lame and makes it more inexcusable not to use 50GB and inlcude all the extras. You could buy these and not know what you're missing on the DVDs. Unfortunately, you'll be missing a lot.