Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Planet Waves 3 Inch Wide Bass Guitar Strap w/ Internal Pad, Black
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on August 25, 2011
The strap is a really comfortable strap. Padding is sufficient without being overbearing. However, if you like to play your bass up a little higher, the padding limits how short you can make the strap. I would prefer to let the bass rest a little higher than this strap allows, but it's not a major issue. I also kind of liked the pick pocket.
on May 16, 2012
The first thing you have to do when you get this strap is readjust the padding so it goes all the way over your shoulder. You can do that by bending the padding in half horizontally and kinda working it through the strap. Once you do that, this is a very comfortable strap for cheap! When I got this strap, I hated it because the padding was not fully situated around my shoulder until I figured out how to fix it
44 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2013
I got this to distribute the weight of my bass guitar a little better because I broke my collar bone a few years back and wanted to have a little more cushioning. This is far better than the slim nylon strap I had been using and the price is right.

Just ordered another one of these straps for a second bass guitar. It is basically a nylon strap with a softer material sewn onto the back and they put a small pad in between the layers.

When I first put it on, the padding wasn't anywhere near my shoulder. There is a strap adjustment on each end, and I had to wiggle the padding (inside the tube) into the correct spot then adjust the buckle so the pad cant get out of place. I thought this was a drawback but i like that it is fully adjustable instead of having the padding sewn in place. If anything, I would say it could use just a little more padding...but it is still a huge improvement in comfort.
on April 11, 2010
The stap is wide so it helps disperse the weight of your guitar over your shoulder. I noticed the raised padding on the strap is on the outside of the strap, you'd think the raised padding would be on the inside preferably on your shoulder, I guess it's better than no padding at all. The strap looks good, it's still kinda stiff but after it breaks in (soaked with sweat, stretching during 3 hr gigs...e.g.) it should work out okay. The little pocket for the pick is kinda cool and functional. Over all it's okay.
on January 23, 2015
For $18, I wasn't expecting a whole lot, and I wasn't disappointed. Relatively cheap quality. The pad does need adjusting as other reviewers have stated. The 3" width is far superior to the 2" strap that came with my bass. I'm 6'5", and this strap is barely long enough even when adjusted as long as it will go. If you're of average height, the length should be fine. If you don't want to shell out much cash for a strap, but want something above "stock," this strap does the trick. If you've got the extra cash, I recommend splurging for a higher quality strap (neoprene is great).
on November 1, 2013
I bought this for one of my heavier 5-strings as a replacement strap and love it. I use that particular bass for slap and usually hang that bass higher on me that the others for good slap technique. This strap adjusts well and the padding is in the right place and comfortable.

Good Strap!
on December 20, 2012
Nice and inexpensive. Does what it is designed to do, lightweight and strong. I use this with my carvin were I had a leather strap before, the leather was heavy and got rigid after time. This is a nice lightweight alternative.
on December 7, 2009
i am a bass player and i naturally picked this one up after taking my time going through straps and low and behold once i got it home the tag said how it was cattered towards bass....it is built nice, feels nice, looks nice, all in all it looks like it can last for years to come! i was wanting to try the wider straps as i have always used ernie ball straps which are durable and have nice colors and everyone uses those even your average rock star but i wanted to see what the wider ones were like, after i have read so much about them especially for bass as i have a collection of basses and i use it on a Gibson les paul bass which helps with the support of the instrument i will be trying it on my other basses too as i put strap locks on all my basses. I would look into this one if you have not yet tried the wider straps for support it really helps! i feel planet waves is putting helpful thought into their products for that reason alone i truly consider their products first.
on December 1, 2014
As I mentioned in another strap review I'm always on the look out for a great new comfy bass strap.
This one seemed pretty good, so I ordered it. Eh...It's ok. It's comfy but nothing special.
I did notice it doesn't look as it does in the pic though. Similar but doesn't have the the planet waves logo/pick holder. I paied less than $20 for this. So I'm not returning it lol. I'll most likely will keep it as a backup strap or just give it to someone who needs a decent strap.
All in all...I don't really recommend buying this.
But I do recommend Mono Betty Straps :)
on October 7, 2014
This is a vast improvement over the cheap, narrow strap I had been using earlier. It's much more comfortable. The location of the padding is a small issue, as others have noted, but I fixed that pretty easily by following the advice given by reviewer Joseph D. Land.