PlanetBox ROVER Eco-Friendly Stainless Steel Bento Lunch Box with 5 Compartments for Adults and Kids - Black Carry Bag with Sports Balls Magnets
|Price:||$79.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Complete eco-friendly solution designed to make packing healthy lunches easy and fun
- Includes stainless steel lunchbox, 2 round lidded containers; a soft carry bag, and set of hip magnets
- Individual compartments ensure foods don't touch each other and arrive looking neat and appealing
- Made out of safe, non-toxic, and recycled materials - safe from lead, PVC, phthalates, or BPA
- All in one piece design for easy care and cleaning - no mismatched lids to lose – dishwasher safe.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item PlanetBox ROVER Eco-Friendly Stainless Steel Bento Lunch Box with 5 Compartments for Adults and Kids - Black Carry Bag with Sports Balls Magnets
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||PlanetBox||LunchBots Inc.||PlanetBox||PlanetBox||TheFrenchMarket||LunchBots Inc.|
|Color||Black Carry Bag with Sports Balls Magnets||Stainless Steel||Black Carry Bag with Galaxy Magnets||Black Bag||Silver||Stainless Steel|
|Item Dimensions||9 x 12 x 2.5 in||8 x 6 x 1.75 in||9 x 12 x 4 in||9 x 12 x 4 in||4 x 6 x 3 in||8 x 6 x 1.75 in|
PlanetBox Rover Complete is the eco and easy way to pack healthy, waste-free lunches. Part bento box, part TV dinner tray, PlanetBox is the custom-designed, all in one solution for packing well-balanced lunches kids love. Made out of high quality stainless steel, its the safe, non-toxic alternative to plastic. Individual compartments ensure that foods don't touch each other and that lunch arrives looking neat and appealing. The individual compartments remind parents to pack a varied lunch which includes fruits and veggies, and makes eating that lunch quick and easy for kids. Even though PlanetBox is designed for kids, it also works great for adults who want to pack a healthy lunch without overeating. Each set comes with a PlanetBox lunchbox; 2 lidded containers with a silicone rubber lid for packing wet, messy foods; a Carry Bag made out of recycled material; and a set of hip magnets to decorate the top of the lunchbox. The PlanetBox lunchbox measures 10 inches x 7.5 inches x 1.5 inches. The Carry Bag measures 11.5 x 9.5 x 2 inches, has a pocket to hold your own water bottle (bottle not included), and a separate compartment to hold a snack. Dishwasher safe. Not designed for hot foods. Safe, non-toxic, non leaching materials - safe from lead, PVC, phthalates, or BPA. 5 year warranty on metal components, 1 year on soft goods. Not your old fashioned metal lunch box, PlanetBox delivers lunch transportation for the green generation.
Top customer reviews
I'm surprised by some of the negative reviews because I don't have a single complaint! Yes, it's heavy - that's what you get when you're avoiding the plastic boxes, but that also means it's durable. My son used this all through preschool and now in elementary school, and it looks as perfect as the day I bought it. I wash it in the dishwasher every night so it's ready for daily use. I wipe out the bag as needed, and occasionally throw it in the washing machine on delicate (air dry).
I haven't had any problems with the compartments leaking. I pack yogurt, applesauce, etc. in the big dipper, and hummus, ketchup, etc. in the little dipper. Everything stays in their respective compartments, no juice from oranges escaping to ruin the quesadilla.
Everything looks good in the PlanetBox, too, which was an unexpected bonus when I first started using it. I swear my son eats more when the food is accessible and attractively presented. Also, they give them such a short period of time to eat at school, so I don't want him opening a variety of containers. He only has to open this box and there it all is.
After almost five years of use, I just ordered two new sets of magnets and a new carrying bag. The magnets have accidentally gone through the dishwasher several times and still look good - I just wanted a change. The bag is also still fine, my son was just ready for a more mature look so we got a solid color instead of the printed one we've been using.
Highly recommend PlanetBox! I'm attaching photos of some of the lunches I've packed so you can see the variety of foods that can go in here.
I wanted to love this box and so did my daughter. And we did in the beginning! It was quite a novelty at my daughter's school as I suspect it is for many of the glowing reviews here... However, there are just too many issues that make this unusable. Been using this for almost two years BTW.
1. It leaks. You can't put anything in it that might perspire or leak (think fruits that are juicy for example in addition to anything actually liquid.)
2. The compartments are not separate and don't contain the food well. So I end up wrapping everything individually; there's alot of waste using this and I see no advantage over a brown paper bag!
3. #1 and #2 mean the bag gets dirty in a real hurry.
4. If you use the containers (pay extra for those!) then you have too little room left for food.
5. This thing is heavy! Load it up with the ice pack(s) and food and you kid has quite a load. Too much in fact.
6. One ice pack is not nearly enough. So we bought two. That wasn't enough so we bought some of the plastic ice packs on here and that works during warmer months. The ice packs from Planetbox are tiny and last a brief amount of time. Certainly not all the way to lunch. So what does that mean? Well, cold foods don't taste great warm and my kids eats less.
7. The bag doesn't survive the washing machine. We followed the instructions per Planetbox and destroyed the first one and the one we bought as a replacement! We are now on #3 and we run it through the dishwasher - a huge waste of resources.
8. I called Planetbox several months ago to share my experiences with them. The person who spoke with me was rude, condescending, and generally didn't seem to care about what my experiences were. Which I thought odd because I offered a solution to each problem I had. I did not just call to complain.
9. The spoon and fork are nice but small and easily lost.
10. They do have great magnets for the outside which are colorful and seem like they are made very well. Colors are vibrant and well drawn. We bought a few sets and mix it up.
Summary: Screw this thing. We are done with it. My daughter hates it. It's heavy, leaky, and the low quality design limits her food choices. We are off to try some sort of Bento Box next.
Sorry PlanetBox but this one is a big swing and a miss. Rude employees and a weak design have us using this yuppie food tray for painting and other projects.
Followup to comments.
I washed this in a front loading machine and more to the point, in a bag my wife uses to wash her panties and bras, and per the manufacturer's recommendations.
Not sure how anyone could put any fruit in this and not have it leak - unless they are using dehydrated fruit. Cutting up oranges or any fruit juicier than apples causes the fruit to perspire (more-so with the inferior cooling packs from Planet Box). So when your orange slices or fresh berries perspire into the Planet Box then your hand crafted sandwich becomes disgusting. Sure, there's a little container to hold salad dressing but if you put it into the Planet Box it takes up the largest compartment. So my kids can either have organic carrots or organic ranch dressing but not both.
The stuff bag is made of a very low denier nylon and abrades against anything it seems.
The leaking is one of the two main points here. First, you cannot use a lot of healthy foods without using some sort of container within a container. From cottage cheese to fresh mango and pasta, it will all be stew in a few hours. Second, the main point of these stainless bento style boxes is to be a better steward of the environment. If a user is forced to using lexan wrap and baggies and the rest to make this thing work then justifying making this of stainless is impossible.
And remember this is an expensive item. If you get all the goodies you are looking are tearing up a complete $100 bill. For $100 this thing should work better than the 10 cent single use junk at Target. Except it doesn't. It only looks like it does.
The dippers have been great for ranch, hummus, yogurt, applesauce, etc...no leaks and easy to open. The only downside is the cost. I cant believe I spent this much on a lunch box. And now my other two children want one! Lol
Most recent customer reviews
Won't leak or spill into other compartments. Fill it up with healthy lunches for your kids.Read more
This is the envy of her classmates. It used to be as advertised.