PlanetBox ROVER Eco-Friendly Stainless Steel Bento Lunch Box with 5 Compartments for Adults and Kids - Black Carry Bag with Sports Balls Magnets
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Complete eco-friendly solution designed to make packing healthy lunches easy and fun
- Includes stainless steel lunchbox, 2 round lidded containers; a soft carry bag, and set of hip magnets
- Individual compartments ensure foods don't touch each other and arrive looking neat and appealing
- Made out of safe, non-toxic, and recycled materials - safe from lead, PVC, phthalates, or BPA
- All in one piece design for easy care and cleaning - no mismatched lids to lose – dishwasher safe.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item PlanetBox ROVER Eco-Friendly Stainless Steel Bento Lunch Box with 5 Compartments for Adults and Kids - Black Carry Bag with Sports Balls Magnets
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||PlanetBox||LunchBots Inc.||SKUniverse||PlanetBox|
|Color||Black Carry Bag with Sports Balls Magnets||Stainless Steel||Blue||Black Carry Bag with Galaxy Magnets|
|Item Dimensions||9 x 12 x 2.5 in||8 x 6 x 1.75 in||6.5 x 8.5 x 2 in||9 x 12 x 4 in|
PlanetBox Rover Complete is the eco and easy way to pack healthy, waste-free lunches. Part bento box, part TV dinner tray, PlanetBox is the custom-designed, all in one solution for packing well-balanced lunches kids love. Made out of high quality stainless steel, its the safe, non-toxic alternative to plastic. Individual compartments ensure that foods don't touch each other and that lunch arrives looking neat and appealing. The individual compartments remind parents to pack a varied lunch which includes fruits and veggies, and makes eating that lunch quick and easy for kids. Even though PlanetBox is designed for kids, it also works great for adults who want to pack a healthy lunch without overeating. Each set comes with a PlanetBox lunchbox; 2 lidded containers with a silicone rubber lid for packing wet, messy foods; a Carry Bag made out of recycled material; and a set of hip magnets to decorate the top of the lunchbox. The PlanetBox lunchbox measures 10 inches x 7.5 inches x 1.5 inches. The Carry Bag measures 11.5 x 9.5 x 2 inches, has a pocket to hold your own water bottle (bottle not included), and a separate compartment to hold a snack. Dishwasher safe. Not designed for hot foods. Safe, non-toxic, non leaching materials - safe from lead, PVC, phthalates, or BPA. 5 year warranty on metal components, 1 year on soft goods. Not your old fashioned metal lunch box, PlanetBox delivers lunch transportation for the green generation.
Top Customer Reviews
1) It is stainless steel, which means it isn't absorbing odors, stains, or juices from the foods placed inside it. It is BPA-free, phthalate-free, lead-free, and PVC-free. It is very eco-friendly!
2) It is dishwasher safe, so it is easy to clean.
3) It has three very appropriately-sized areas for a "Bento-style" meal of 6.5 cups or smaller. None of the areas are too large to be useful for separating items, nor too small to realistically fit items.
~ The largest rectangle will easily fit the "satellite dish" (more about this below) or a full sandwich, a large portion of pasta or salad, or any other entree.
~ The medium-sized rectangle is great for a side dish, such as salad, crackers, cheese, veggies, fruit, etc. It will fit the "little dipper" (more on this below), a few silicone cupcake liners full of foods, or a variety of small lunch containers.
~ The smallest rectangle is great for a smaller side dish. It will fit the "little dipper" with items next to it.
4) It comes with the "satellite dish," which is a microwavable glass dish with a silicone lid. This dish works well for items that need to be microwaved, such as leftovers. It also works well for a salad with dressing, pasta with sauce, or other "messy" foods.
5) It comes with the "tall little dipper," which is a stainless steel container in which you can put hummus, veggie or fruit dip, salad dressing, pudding, yogurt, or anything else your heart desires. :p
6) It comes with an insulated "sleeve" that has a shoulder strap and hand strap for carrying. The Launch takes up all the room in the sleeve, so there isn't any spare room for an extra snack, a water bottle, or anything else.
7) It comes with a set of magnets to decorate the outside of the box, and other magnet sets are available on PlanetBox's website, as well as on other websites.
8) It is made by PlanetBox, a family-owned company who stands behind their products.
9) It helps with meal planning. When all the food is right there in front of you, it is easy to see if you need more fruits and veggies, more grains, more protein, or more dairy.
10) It is a popular lunchbox, so there are LOTS of groups and websites dedicated to "meal ideas." I have gotten some FABULOUS ideas from others by looking at what they posted online.
The Launch is the largest of the PlanetBox lunchboxes, so it is probably best for older children, teens, and adults. The "Rover" is the "mid-sized" box, and the "Shuttle" is the small, snack-sized box.
This lunchbox is very expensive; there is no denying that it is pricey. I guess you could say that it is an "investment" for most families. But it is worth it! It can be customized with different magnets and bags, which means it can be passed down to another family member without it feeling like a "hand-me-down." It is also quite durable, so this box could last many, many years.
I'm surprised by some of the negative reviews because I don't have a single complaint! Yes, it's heavy - that's what you get when you're avoiding the plastic boxes, but that also means it's durable. My son used this all through preschool and now in elementary school, and it looks as perfect as the day I bought it. I wash it in the dishwasher every night so it's ready for daily use. I wipe out the bag as needed, and occasionally throw it in the washing machine on delicate (air dry).
I haven't had any problems with the compartments leaking. I pack yogurt, applesauce, etc. in the big dipper, and hummus, ketchup, etc. in the little dipper. Everything stays in their respective compartments, no juice from oranges escaping to ruin the quesadilla.
Everything looks good in the PlanetBox, too, which was an unexpected bonus when I first started using it. I swear my son eats more when the food is accessible and attractively presented. Also, they give them such a short period of time to eat at school, so I don't want him opening a variety of containers. He only has to open this box and there it all is.
After almost five years of use, I just ordered two new sets of magnets and a new carrying bag. The magnets have accidentally gone through the dishwasher several times and still look good - I just wanted a change. The bag is also still fine, my son was just ready for a more mature look so we got a solid color instead of the printed one we've been using.
Highly recommend PlanetBox! I'm attaching photos of some of the lunches I've packed so you can see the variety of foods that can go in here.