Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 174 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 184 reviews
on March 23, 2015
This case is a little on the large side, but it does a great job protecting my bow, an Excalibur Axiom. Has room for 12 bows, and all the other good gadgets. It is quite heavy duty, but manageable when loaded with the equipment. I have no problems putting this in the bed of the truck,with all my other gear. I've left it out overnight and had no issues with water seeping in.

At first I thought about getting a nylon case. But when I looked at cost versus value, I chose this. Like I said, I never think about it being in the bed of the truck, and my trip to the lease is 5 hours. I feared that with a nylon case, I would have worried about it being back there.
on April 11, 2013
Purchased this for a Parker Challenger. Not only is the case a perfect fit, easy to adjust in length, and kid proof when locked, it is easy to accessorize internally. I added a Plano case for string supplies and a broadhead box. The case snugly holds the bow with the speed quiver still attached. It's heavy though, do not plan on throwing a strap on this thing and carrying it while hunting. This is strictly for storage, safety, and insulating your crossbow from the elements.
on April 6, 2012
I recently purchased a Barnett Buck Commander CRT package and definitely wanted to get a case worthy of the xbow. I found it!!! I must say that some of the reviews for the Manta made me second guess buying it when they were talking about how huge it is. I'm glad I didn't let that stop me from ordering!! The case is big, but it's not as big as some reviews were making me think it was.

My Buck Commander has an illuminated 3X32 mm scope on it and it fits PERFECTLY in the case. I like the tie down straps that keep it safely in place. The first thing I did was put the xbox, quiver, and bolts in the case and closed it. I then shook the case and I did not hear or feel ANYTHING moving inside the case. Everything inside was safe and secure! I like the shoulder strap feature too.

The only down side that I could find were the instructions for putting the insides together. The pictures were somewhat hard to see and the written instructions could have been a little more clear. Other than that, this case is PERFECT!! I have no doubt that it will protect my investment well for many years!!!
on September 19, 2013
This case is huge and the printed instructions do suck so use google for videos. Well worth the cost to protect my Excalibur Axiom SMF Crossbow Kit. My Xbow fits well in the bottom and there is room to fit the quiver and a MTM Crossbow Bolt Case with my extra bolts on the top half with room for a few more smaller items. I have two MTM Broadhead Box (Clear) installed in the bottom half, one for broadheads and one for Simmons LRF 600 Laser Rangefinder . I bought 3/4 in velcro tape from a big box store and some 1/2 in screws to hold the plastic boxes down as the case only has two extra straps. I have an 07 Tundra double cab and when I fold the larger half of the back seat up this case fills a large part of this area up. I love this case though because it holds every damn thing I need for my Xbow so I know I can grab it and go and dont have to worry about forgetting something. I also have the Excalibur Crossbow Range Finder Mount installed vertically on my scope and it fits no issue without the rangefinder. It would fit in a horizontal mount as well. The H&M Archery Cross Bow Buddy Ready Crossbow Sling Does not fit installed but you just have to unscrew the front mount and it fits fine.
on February 20, 2015
As many have stated the case is large but I expected that. I'm happy I'm able to put all the bolts and related gear in one case and it has flexible padding options you have to do yourself. I recommend adding bondo or hot glue to the places you decide to pad. I gave it only 3 stars because I received my first case with a broken corner and huge crack running along the top (see pics). The box it was shipped in was the manufacturers box and it has no padding on the inside and the handler obviously dropped it on the corner thus breaking a piece off and a running crack along the top. It was replaced next day via the amazon exchange system. But that is not what worried me. The concern is if the corner can break off when shipped inside a cardboard box how much can the case take if shipped by an airline baggage handler or in the back of a truck in freezing weather? I treat my weapons pretty well but protect them in transport to keep my scopes on target. I do not think this case would withstand one airline baggage handler.
review image review image
on April 10, 2013
Protection for my Barnett Quad 400 is what I was looking for while traveling in a truck and UTV. There is some assembly required that allows it to be adjusted for different length crossbows and the width fit my Quad 400 with an inch or more to spare, plenty of room to protect the cams. The top that closes over the scope likewise easily fits over the Barnett 3x illuminated on it.

There is a holder for extra bolts on on side of the top cover and the quiver on the opposite side secured with the two included accessory straps. It should incude a few more accessory straps as there are plenty of other locations to mount them, however Plano does not sell them alone but only with a $15 accessory kit that includes all the other parts you can't use. $15 for two 10" straps is absurd, will have to just make some!

The foam sections top and bottom are configurable to support the limbs while not touching the string or cables. Nice heavy duty shoulder strap with four mounting points. Resembles a manta ray when closed. If it had better photos in the instructions and a way to get more accessory straps for all the places you could put them I would rate it a 5!
on February 12, 2015
This case might be the best crossbow case there is, but it has some serious flaws. It is sturdy injection molded plastic and possibly over built in areas. I bought it to protect my Xbow in the bed of a pickup truck and believe it will offer good protection. It falls short in the padding that comes with, and in offering usable extra storage space. The 4 pieces of pluck and pull foam, that protect the limbs and string, work very well. The few pieces of hard foam for where the stock makes contact with the case will need to be custom cut to maximize protection. There are odd seams in the plastic that make laying the foam down difficult and no adhesive to keep them in place.
There is lots of extra space for storage, which would be great, if it were easy to use. If setup right, it could hold all my Xbow equipment. It comes with one rubberized holder for bolt storage in the top which is awesome. It holds 6 bolts safe and secure. But this is only on one side. The fact that Plano didn't make both sides of the top hold bolts is a shame. The rest of the storage space, on both the top and bottom, has 1" raised posts with holes (look like stars in the picture). It comes with a set of two goofy nylon webbing straps with grommets and Velcro, that attach with to the posts with screws. They are not really good for holding anything secure, other than soft material like gloves. But the whole inside of the case is filled with these posts. The lack of flat areas inside the case makes attaching other cases with velcro or sticky tape hard. I don't want to lug this large case around and have loose gear inside banging into my Xbow and scope. Even if I did use the goofy straps there are only two, so to use all of the available extra space I that has these posts, I would have to make a bunch of webbing straps and screws.
So, durability is a 5 star for the price. Ease of setting up with supplied the foam padding is a 4 star. Functionality of the extra storage space is a 2 star.
on October 2, 2014
My Tenpoint Shadow UL with a factory scope and Acu-Draw fits well in this and it has lots of room to spare. The bow is very secure and I feel good enough about the protection of it for any adventure. There are lots of possibilities for keeping items in the case as it holds my quiver, arrows, and all the lubricants for the bow. You could easily store A LOT more stuff in this. As shown on the Plano website for the case, it will accommodate lots of bow types. With all the foam pads you get, you can really customize this case for just about any bow with any scope. Even with my Acu-draw on the sides of the stock, the bow fits in the skinny area well. The key is to keep placing the bow in the case during assembly to make sure everything you are securing or placing items will fit ok. For example, I had to play with the hold down strap brackets in the skinny part that holds the stock to find the right location. It also states all over the box that it is made in the USA. Pretty cool!

Note: This thing is HUGE and take up some space.

I only have two gripes which is the reason for four stars and not five. The case comes in the box unassembled and while the assembly procedure is really not bad, the instructions must have been produced by someone that has no idea what they are doing. The pictures are useless because the case and foam are black/gray, and when you use actual pictures but print them in black/white- NOTHING SHOWS UP...Color printing or line drawings would have been way more useful! Also the text in the instructions are very vague and lack descriptions. Luckily there were a few You Tube videos that carried the slack there (not from Plano) but other crossbow enthusiasts. They were very helpful.

The other gripe is that the foam that goes in the case and makes contact with the cross bow does not come with any way to stick them in place permanently once you configure it for your bow. Some people may not want this as they could have more than one bow, but for the money this costs, Plano could have supplied a few double sided sticky tapes in the kit...Otherwise, some of the foam will fall out of place when removing the bow. You just put it back or use a hot glue gun, sticky tape, etc... to keep it in place, not a huge deal. Also, the foam "weather striping" that comes with the case and is only used on the skinny stock protesting area, I can tell would not be good at keeping out water in a heavy rain storm if it was in the back of a pick-up truck. Otherwise, its fine and besides you could get better weather rubber based weather stripping at any auto parts store.

Other than that- top notch case and I would recommend to any one looking for a case that looks something like Robocop would use to store his crossbow in!
on November 3, 2014
I arrived home to find that the packaging had been badly damaged and opened, which most likely occurred during transporting. Thank goodness the product inside was for the most part unscathed. I would had like better instructions to assembling the case and weather strip. Installing the weather strip was a guess, as you only got two 12" pieces.

Assembly would had been much easier if for starters the provided nuts had been fully threaded or not stripped out. I had to dig through my own hardware to find bolts with matching threads to attach the stock portion of the case. Then there was the issue of providing a minimal area in which to access the nuts. A provided tool or large opening would made life much easier.

Another issue is the bolt holders. Those are extremely stiff and nearly impossible to get a bolt to squeeze into without cracking a shaft. Guess its better that so soft that the bolts fall out every time you flip the lid closed.

Other than those above issues, the assembly was a breeze and the quality is very nice. Very sturdy case. I used it this archery season, it held up well boucing around the bed of the pick-up truck and my jeep. However, this is a space monster. It is really large in size. So if space is an issue for you, this is probably not the case you would want to invest in.
on September 3, 2015
If you are looking for a hard case for your compound of reverse limb cross bow, this may not be for you. Excalibur recurves are wider than most other bows and this is the case you want. I have not been able to find any other hard case that could accomodate my Excalibur axiom bow. It fits perfectly and the foam padding and strap combination holds the bow with scope very securely. The case is well made and durable and there is plenty of extra spaces inside to hold your bow related supplies. I glued a plastic box in the case near the rail that holds all my stuff and I glued a foam block on the other lid to hold the box lid closed when the case is shut. Everything I need at hunting camp goes in there. The only draw back is that the case is bulky and large especially when you open it but any case for a large bow is going to be large. I give it a 4 star because I reserve 5 for absolutely perfect.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.