Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Plano Bow Max Crossbow Case, Black
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on January 3, 2013
when i received my x bow case i was very pleased. it arrived on time and was in perfect condition. i have a barnett zombie 350 (ghost 350) and it fits perfctly with the scope attached. i also have plenty of extra room on the bottom for a smaller case that holds broadheads, raillube, string wax, and all the allen wrenches i need to fix/adjust everything for the bow and the scope. i also have a bi-pod that fits as well. the only concerns i have arent really concerns at all.. but the strap thats supposed to keep the lid from opening all the way is too long and therefore does not work as designed. also, i have to take the quiver off in order to fit the x bow in the case. this really doesnt bother me too much because its a quick detach quiver. lastly, only 20" bolts will fit in the arrow storage space on the lid. field tips only. broadheads will not fit. i have looked at all the reviews for the other hard crossbow cases and this was the only one that i found would fit a large crossbow like the barnett ghost models. dont let the picture decieve you, this case is huge! over all i am very happy with this case.
review image review image review image review image
on October 13, 2008
This x-bow case is well made and priced. I really like the "tie down" features on the interior and would not hesitate to put my Ten Point Pro Slider on any airplane. It is large and takes up alot of regular trunk room but that is the trade-off to protect your investment.I bounced mine around in the back of a Rhino all weekend and the X-bow was still "Sight ON"!The only negative was that my model would not fit in the case with the quiver attached, but with a detachable quiver this is only a mild inconvenience.Plano- DON'T leave home without it!!
on September 7, 2012
This bow case is well made, and the ONLY case I found that will fit the large barnett crossbows(ghost 400 & 350 and also the predator) which I have. The lid strap won't support the lid weight so use it with some velcro, and rivets to make holders for storage box. You will need to hot glue the foam in place or it will come out some times. The lid will hold 20" bolts but a 22" bolt with tips are a real stretch. I laid the quiver upside down along the rail with some foam and made a velcro stap to keep it there(fits great). There is plenty of room for cocking devices, boxes, ect... I just made it the way that worked for me. Dosn't come with a shoulder strap so you will want to add one because the case will get heavy fully loaded. good luck.
on October 31, 2012
Originally bought a soft case for my Barnett Wildcat C5 Crossbow. I have a TruGlo 4 x 32 scope on it and needed a case that would accomodate it and accessories. Like most soft cases it had minimal padding and was did not give me confidence that it would protect my investment. I read the reviews that said it didnt fit Barnetts with scopes and I was a bit sceptical as to whether or not this would fit my Barnett with the larger scope. My purchased paid off! It will indeed fit most Barnett crossbows with scopes with the exception of the Quad 400 which has a noticably higher scope mounting than other Barnetts. It fit my crossbow and scope perfectly although the quiver did not fit while attached but fit perfectly on the side of the crossbow without moving. I also already owned a small Plano 3500 case which this case will hold two of for small items such as wax and broadheads. The top of the case will hold 6 20" max size bolts with field points but dont know if it will hold bolts with a broadhead. Yes this case is large but so is a flismy soft case but you get great protection and plenty of room for accessories. I would recommend this case to protect your investment. I would have given it 5 stars but the foam inserts tend not to stay in place, im going to glue mine in place so they dont move or fall out.
on January 10, 2015
Here is a good review for a product I sent back. This case is BIG and hard and looks tough enough to hold and thoroughly protect your crossbow and some bolts. And had it been tall enough to accommodate my scope on my crossbow, I would still have this case!!! BUT it IS not tall enough to accommodate my scope and I could not close the case even when I took out all of its padding. Better dimensions on the descriptions would have helped me save some time and amazon save some shipping costs. SO HERE ARE THE MAX DIMENSIONS I DISCOVERED FOR THIS CASE. If the measurement from the bottom of your pistol grip to the top of your scope is 10 inches, THIS CASE IS NOT TALL ENOUGH (9” MAX for this case). My crossbow has an HHA Optimizer and thus DOES NOT FIT. If the length of your cross bow is 39 inches, that’ is JUST about the max length this case can handle. Maybe another inch in length without any of the butt padding. If your crossbow is 21 inches wide, you have PLENTY OF ROOM (MAX 25” for this case). This info in the description would have been REAL helpful, BEFORE I BOUGHT IT! I really liked this case and I sure wished it had worked. BUT it didn't work and I sent it back!!!! This case without any padding is not really protecting your crossbow. Hint to the manufacturer, “MAKE IT, BIGGER ADD PADDING, AND IT WILL WORK AND YOU WILL SELL MORE CASES.” HINT TO AMAZON ADD ID MEASUREMENTS TO THE DESCRIPTION!
on September 4, 2013
got to say, very disappointed with plano. i have used their compound bow holders for years. i got this for a Ghost 410 and it is a very snug fit. i would not trust traveling with my crossbow. i will just use it to keep it safe and dust/ animal free. here are the main draw backs and design flaws:

1 the plastic used is very light and easy to bend. i dont see this holding up to the riggers of airline handlers.

2 the lid has a strap to hold it in the full open position. this strap is far too long to be useful.

3 the buttstock padding has no give/ memory and is designed for very skinny bows.

4 the elevated grove in the top for the scope does not start far enough back, this is my major complaint. with no padding and cheap plastic and bang to the top of the case will make sure you miss a deer.

5 this is designed for bows with wide limbs. my ghost is 22 inch side to side and it does not touch the side pads. i just used some old pelican box foam and made my own for now.

6 the quiver has to be removed for a crossbow to fit.

over all it is not terrible but major design flaws.
on July 25, 2012
A quality product well worth the money! Looking forward to my next purchase from them I feel better knowing it can protect my bow so well from Bing damaged.
on August 29, 2015
This is a very good case, but one size does not fit all. The TenPoint Titan Xtreme would not fit properly with the quiver attached. Adding an extra 1/2" of foam under the forearm cushion did the trick. Also, some xbows are more narrow than others. Extra, pre-cut foam to support the shorter limbs would make for a better more secure fit.
on January 6, 2014
My new bow,a Barnett quad 400 does not fit in this case. Disappointed. Unable to find any hard case that will fit it without taking scope and quiver off. Had absolutely no problem with amazon in returning it. Impressed
on January 7, 2013
I am disappointed and returned this item when I found that the Barnett Quad 400 does fit only without a scope mounted on it.
When I mounted the scope the cover will not close.
I returned the item and got full refund. Thanks to seller.
I gave it 2 stars because of seller professional act.