Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Plant-Based Diet For Dummies (For Dummies Series) Paperback – June 30, 2014
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2017
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Choose foods that boost your energy, lower your cholesterol, and protect your cells
- Prepare meals that provide balanced nutrition from plant-based foods
- Maintain a plant-based diet at any stage of life
Reap the benefits a plant-based diet has to offer
Getting nutrition from plant-based foods is one of the best things you can do to lose weight, fight disease, and feel great. Chock-full of info on the most nutrient-dense foods, details on modifying your diet, and much more, this down-to-earth guide gives you everything you need to eliminate meat and reap the benefits of a plant-based lifestyle!
- Plant a seed — understand how a plant-based diet and lifestyle improves your energy, lowers your cholesterol, and protects your body’s cells from damage by cancer-causing agents
- Meat, be gone — transition to plant-based living with tips on overhauling your kitchen contents, being a savvy shopper, and boosting your diet with supplements
- What’s on your plate? — discover how to make wholesome choices for your meals and get organized with handy grocery lists and meal plans
- Get cookin’ — make simple and delicious recipes the whole family will love, and find out how to modify your favorite recipes to be plant-based
- Take note — find plant-based specifics for athletes, expectant moms, seniors, and children
Open the book and find:
- 50+ recipes for every meal of the day
- Tips for filling your fridge and pantry with plant-based foods
- How to navigate restaurants and special occasions on a plant-based diet
- Ideas for stretching your recipes beyond one meal
- Guidance on raising children on a plant-based diet
- Which plant foods are good sources of fat, protein, complex carbohydrates, and fiber
- Ten plant-based treatments to add to your beauty routine
About the Author
Marni Wasserman is a culinary nutritionist and health strategist. She owns and operates her Food Studio and Lifestyle Shop in Toronto where she teaches people how to make everyday eating simple and delicious. She also writes for Tonic Toronto magazine, Huffington Post, Chatelaine Magazine, and her blog at www.marniwasserman.com.