Plant Theatre Bonsai Trio Kit, 3 Distinctive Bonsai Trees to Grow
|Sale:||$16.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$10.00 (37%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO START GROWING your Bonsai Trio kit in one box, we’ve left nothing out! This seed kit is ideal for beginners, gardeners and children alike. INCLUDES 6 Peat Growing Biodegradable Pots, 6 Peat Discs that expand to 7 times their size when watered, 6 Plant Markers and 6 Sealable Propagator Bags plus of course the foil sealed seed sachets. FULL SOWING & GROWING TIPS.
- GREAT GROWING PERFORMANCE – all our seeds are laboratory tested before release by our leading US seed supplier and then sealed in foil packets for freshness! MADE IN THE USA and 100% NON- GMO. The RED MAPLE makes a VIBRANT and COLOURFUL Bonsai, SILVER BIRCH is a FANTASTIC tree to learn with and MOUNTAIN PINE an EVERGREEN with rounded spread and dark green foliage.
- THE SEEDS CAN BE SOWN AT ANY TIME OF YEAR! After being sown they may need a pre-treatment called ‘Stratification’ which is a period of artificial winter that non-tropical trees require to break dormancy prior to germination. This can be achieved in a home refrigerator! Sealable Propagator Bags are already provided in the box.
- GROW INDOORS OR OUT – Bonsai are every day trees and go through their normal seasonal phases, they ultimately require outdoor living conditions to thrive in the long term as they require good light, humidity levels and air circulation.
- BONSAI IS AN ART that has been practised in Asia for many centuries and therefore makes a THOUGHTFUL GIFT beautifully presented in the illustrated gift box with everything you need to start growing, go on treat yourself or a LOVED ONE today!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Bonsai is an art that has been practised in Asia for many centuries. Bonsai trees are grown in small containers and trimmed and trained with wires so that they remain small and elegant. Planting a Bonsai tree from seed is a slow but rewarding process and you will have to allow time for the tree to take root and grow strong before you start training and pruning. The kit contains the following varieties 1 packet of Silver Birch seeds (Betchula Pendula) - a fantastic tree to learn with, it is deciduous and has many qualities including attractive bark, small leaves and autumn colour. 1 packet of Red Maple seeds (Acer Rubrum) – a native American deciduous tree which makes a vibrant and colourful Bonsai. 1 packet of Mountain Pine seeds (Pinus Mugo Pumilio) – an evergreen with a rounded spread and shape and dark green foliage. Also included in the box are 6 starter growing pots made from peat, 6 Peat blocks which expand when watered, 6 Plant Markers, 6 Plastic propagation bags and Sowing and Growing Tips. (Please note the picture of the ceramic pot on the box is not included and is for illustrative purposes only).
Top customer reviews
PSA: If you're not aware of how bonsai works, these aren't special "bonsai" seeds. Bonsai are just regular trees that are small because they are kept in tiny pots and trimmed regularly. If you plant these seeds in the ground, you'll get full-sized trees. (This should not dissuade you from buying the kit; you should know what you're actually paying for).
Things to think about before buying (a.k.a. things I wish someone told me before I purchased this kit):
1. This is a many-year project with many potential pitfalls. A lot of things can go wrong when you start from a seed. Germination rates in tree seeds are nowhere near 100%, and you're getting a very small number of seeds (from a random sample perspective; I think the amount of seeds provided is adequate for the price). Even if these seeds germinate and make it through their very precarious first year of growth (I have no confidence that the seedlings listed above will still be alive at this time next year), it will be many years before any of them will be close to bonsai-ready. Their growth rate depends on their environment (the fastest way to grow bonsai is to plant them in the ground; growing them in a pot generally slows growth rates), and they could be killed by plenty of things in the meantime (temperature extremes, undesirable tap water pH, overwatering, underwatering, bacteria, fungus, insect pests, other pests, getting peed on by a dog, etc.). The tree on the front of the box is almost certainly at least 10 years old. If you're looking for a project closer to completion, pre-bonsai plants and nursery plants are cheaper, bigger, and much less likely to die before you get them into their final bonsai pot home.
2. These are all outdoor species. If you live in a tropical or subtropical climate or want to keep a bonsai inside, these are the wrong species for you.
3. All three species require cold stratification to germinate. Starting the seeds in the right season is easy enough if you're in the right climate, but if you start out of season or you're in a warmer climate, these will take up some space in your fridge for at least several weeks.
If none of these things discourage you (or would discourage the intended recipient of this kit), then it's not a bad purchase.
The box includes 3 pots for the plantation, some palettes that will help you organize the earth and seeds.
What I liked the most about this is that you have the chance to plant 3 different bonsai trees, which for people who enjoy planting this is very fun and exciting.
Although it doesn't bring the right instructions for the plantation you can find everything you need in the internet.
A marvelous kit to entertain and be a constructive project to come a while. I'm so glad I bought this.
Most recent customer reviews
Used half of the seeds in 3 pots out of the given six.Read more