--Phil Bregitzer, Germplasm Research Facility, in CROP SCIENCE SOCIETY OF AMERICA (June 2001)
"...presents a structured programme using plant material that is available all year round. ...I was impressed with the gradual introduction of complex techniques and ideas. ...the book is well written...a useful contribution to teaching in plant tissue culture."
-Ronald A. de Fossard in TRENDS IN PLANT SCIENCE (February 2001)
Praise for the First Edition
"This is an excellent laboratory manual. The student can learn many plant tissue culture techniques commonly used today."
"This book is an excellent overview of important tissue culture techniques. It is highly recommended for laboratory courses in tissue culture and would be useful in research laboratories where tissue culture techniques are required. Practical aspects of tissue culture are explained in a clear and concise way. This is essential for the novice and useful for experienced individuals planning a new course or laboratory. The manual is commended for providing information required for successful tissue culture at the fingertips of students."
--JOURNAL OF NATURAL RESOUCES AND LIFE SCIENCES EDUCATION (1993)
From the Back Cover
* Presents unique laboratory exercises using a variety of plant materials and step-by-step protocols
* Provides detailed line drawings that complement both introductions and experiments
* Includes supplementary sections
* Scheduling and interrelationships of exercises for teachers
* Tissue culture laboratory setup
* Supplies, media, and explant preparation
* Glossary of terms
* Exercises rigorously tested for practicality through years of course use
* Contains two new chapters
* History of Plant Cell Culture by Trevor Thorpe
* Woody Plants and Shrubs by Brent McCown
* Adaptable by teachers, students, researchers, and technicians