Vive Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint Plus Trigger Point Spike Ball - Soft Leg Brace Support, Orthopedic Sleeping Immobilizer Stretch Boot (Large: Men's: 8.5 - 11, Women's: 10 - 12)
Enhance your purchase
|Unit Count||1.00 Count|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ALLEVIATE FOOT PAIN AND INFLAMMATION: Supporting a neutral foot position, the Vive soft night splint reduces pain and inflammation due to plantar fasciitis, drop foot and Achilles tendonitis. Gently stretching the foot, the splint is worn throughout the night to alleviate painful first steps in the morning. The splint also includes a studded foot massage ball for easing aches and pains.
- REMOVABLE FOAM STRETCH WEDGES: Customize the amount of stretch for optimal pain relief with two comfortably padded stretch wedges. Made with a soft foam, each wedge elevates the foot to ensure proper positioning for maximum relief. Use the wedges separately, together or remove them entirely for customized pain relief.
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Secured with three wide adjustable straps, the latex-free night splint fits both men and women. The straps are made with a strong fastener material that will ensure the brace stays in place all night long without twisting or sliding. Versatilely designed, the splint can be worn on the left or right foot.
- ULTRA SOFT PADDED LINING: The night splint’s rigid shell is generously padded with a breathable foam and covered with an ultra soft material for exceptional comfort. Removable for washing, the ultra-soft, breathable lining eliminates skin irritations and prevents blisters and abrasions.
- VIVE GUARANTEE: 60 day unconditional guarantee so you can purchase now with confidence.
Specification for this product family
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Soft Night Splint by Vive
Relieve foot pain and inflammation while you sleep with the Vive soft night splint. Constructed with a rigid shell and covered with a soft padding, the night splint gently stretches the foot, maintaining a neutral position to reduce pain and inflammation related to plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, and drop foot. The adjustable splint includes two stretch wedges to elevate the foot for optimal positioning and pain relief. Use the versatile splint with or without a sock, on either the left or right foot.
Alleviate Foot Pain and Inflammation:
Supporting a neutral foot position, the Vive soft night splint reduces pain and inflammation due to plantar fasciitis, drop foot and Achilles tendonitis. Gently stretching the foot, the splint is worn throughout the night to alleviate painful first steps each morning.
Removable Foam Stretch Wedges:
Customize the amount of stretch for optimal pain relief with two comfortably padded stretch wedges. Made with a soft foam, the wedges elevate the foot to ensure proper positioning for maximum relief.
Versatile Design:Secured with three wide adjustable straps, the latex-free night splint fits both men and women. The straps are made with a strong fastener material that will ensure the brace stays in place all night long without twisting or sliding. Versatilely designed, the splint can be worn on the left or right foot. *Be sure to examine sizing chart image to ensure proper size is selected.
Ultra Soft Padded Lining:
The night splint’s rigid shell is generously padded with a breathable foam and covered with an ultra soft material for exceptional comfort. Removable for washing, the ultra-soft, breathable lining eliminates skin irritations and prevents blisters and abrasions.
- Vive soft night splint
- Two foam stretch wedges
- Studded foot massage ball
Product detailsColor:Gray | Size:Large
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 13.07 x 13.07 x 5.98 inches; 1.23 Pounds
- Item model number : No Model
- Date First Available : June 5, 2015
- Manufacturer : Vive Health
- ASIN : B00YZ7CW00
- Best Sellers Rank: #22,034 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The padded material is great for the inside of the boot, but not so good for the outside. The fuzzy fabric serves as the "loop" side of Velcro, and does a fine job of fastening to the "hook" material on the straps...for a while. After wearing these on both feet every night for a couple of months, the fuzzy covering is starting to lose its grip. I will typically find one or two straps undone when I wake up in the morning, and I am sure this number will increase as the fabric continues to wear. Velcro's own loop material will wear out eventually too, but at a much slower rate.
The "grippyness" of the material acts a little like Velcro on your bed sheets, too; it makes it difficult to slip your feet under the covers and back out again. And changing positions in the middle of the night is a real pain; the boots grip the sheets and each other, usually causing one or more of the straps to come loose. Just for laughs, I wrapped a pair of cheap satin pillowcases around my feet after putting on the boots, and the slickness really make a big difference getting in and out of bed. Not a good solution for walking in, however. :-) Also, very amusing to the spouse!
Although these boots are not intended for walking around in, it is unrealistic to think that people will take them off just to visit the bathroom in the middle of the night. My wife and I were initially amused to find that the walking on the padded material sounds exactly like walking on fresh snow; it becomes less amusing every time I awaken her with my nightly "snow walks". Plus, the material can be slippery on a tile floor.
Here are my suggestions for improvement:
1. Keep the padded, breathable material on the inside of the boot, but switch to a slicker polyester material on the outside to make it easier to slip under the sheets. There is already a seam where the inside and outside sections are sewn together, so the same pattern could be used. The straps should also have the slick material on the outside to help prevent having them unfastened by friction with the sheets.
2. Add a small amount of rubbery material to the bottom (maybe an applied material like the treads on hospital socks) that will enhance grip when walking, but not so much that it will grip the sheets. This approach would also maintain the washability of the covering.
3. Instead of using the padded material itself to act as the "loop" side of Velcro, sew in genuine Velcro loop material only where needed on the back of the boot (just as the "hook" side of the Velcro is sewn into the straps now). It will be much more durable, and you won't have to worry about it gripping the sheets.
I still recommend purchasing this item, but I sincerely hope the manufacturer will make some improvements in the future. It is a good product, but could be a GREAT product with a few tweaks!
Why I chose this one over the others on Amazon - Researched a number of them, and came to the conclusion that the only way this would work is if I ACTUALLY used it. What I mean by that is that if it isn't comfortable, no matter how good it supposed to be, you won't use it. This one is completely wrapped, so there are no spots that rub against you the wrong way. Because it is wrapped on the outside, you won't be banging it into your other half in the middle of the night.
Sizing - I'm a men's size 10, and it worked perfect for my foot. The velcro wraps for the leg - the top was OK, the bottom one was a bit on the long side, but worked.
If you have tried other things for PF, and not had success - this is worth a try for sure.