Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 29, 2014
I tried a few different recipes I found online throughout the week and we have really enjoyed using these PB2s!

It has the consistency of powdered sugar so it works perfectly in things like cake icing, and it's a super-concentrated peanut taste so it gives amazing flavor!

Other than that, you can add it to protein shakes, make protein balls, pancakes, add a little water & maple syrup for the best pancake topping ever!

A tip from the company:
Just a hint... sometimes if you start out with using a little less than a tablespoon of water and then gradually adding the water to the PB2 you can get it more to a consistency that you like.
review imagereview image
29 helpful votes
30 helpful votes
on February 24, 2015
I bought this to replace peanut butter in my smoothies. As just peanut butter, the flavor is mostly the same, though the texture is very different. Not bad, but different. Basically the lack of fat is obvious, though not necessarily in a negative way. It's just as smooth, but not as sticky. In my smoothies, it doesn't make a difference in flavor, but the body is noticeably changed. There is less body, which is missed, but all things considered it's a solid substitute when you consider the fact that there are fewer calories.

As for the chocolate flavor, it honestly doesn't add much, and if anything, the chocolate peanut butter tastes more like peanut butter to me than the regular peanut butter flavor.

If you're planning on using it as just a spread, the ratio of water to powder is very fickle, it's very easy to add too much or too little, and it's better to add a bit less (and I mean a bit, we're talking milliliters) than too much, and add a few drops in to get the consistency that you are looking for.

Overall, it's a solid product, and while it's not exactly the same as peanut butter, it's a good substitute.
on September 13, 2017
I mixed this will a diet shake to enhance the vanilla favor....TOO MUCH sugar and I had a reaction to that!
However, I am certain others would love this product if they have no worries about their sugar intake.
on October 24, 2017
This powder is great for baking and for smoothies. I use it in my banana bread and in cookies. It's ok in a pinch for making peanut butter that you use in a sandwich. It's also good for a thai peanut sauce.
on August 31, 2014
I cannot sing this products praises enough! If you are reading this, don't hesitate - just buy it!

This stuff is clearly *far* pricier than peanut butter, but I can assure you, it's well worth the price tag! If you love putting peanut butter in smoothies or baking (or oatmeal!), this is for you. 45 calories, incredibly low fat, and almost as much protein as regular peanut butter in a 45 calories serving (so do the math - if you eat as many calories of this as you did a serving of regular PB, you end up with a very high protein snack). It's also much easier to work with since it's a powder (measuring a tablespoon of sticky peanut butter and getting it all off of the spoon and into your bowl is a pain - no problem here).

The taste is absolutely fantastic - both the regular and the chocolate. I was especially impressed by the chocolate peanut butter - a lot of choc ob products don't measure up, but PB2 has struck the perfect balance.

As other's stated, a spreading is not the ideal use for this, but honestly, I tried it, and it's not bad at all either. You could get away with having this be the only peanut butter product in your home.
on June 6, 2017
Low Calorie High Carb Peanut Butter. If you love peanut butter but not the carbs and calories, this is perfect. 85% less Fat calories, and it really tastes great. To prepare, just mix with water and that's it!
on April 4, 2015
Bought this for my dad. We have the regular peanut butter flavor, and I thought it would be interesting to get the chocolate one as well. My dad LOVES the peanut butter, but isn't quite as fond of the chocolate. He said it is okay, but he likes the regular much better. This stuff mixes up so easily and it tastes really good. If the picky peanut butter eaters in my house will eat it, it must be good.
on January 18, 2016
So many people complain about the health quality of this product, the good stuff is all stripped out, GMO?, this, that, and the other evil thing. Honestly, I don't care. Ok, don't mix it with water and eat it on a spoon every day. Get a jar of Organic best of breed whatever for that. I didn't get it for health or daily use.

I mix this into dry-packed camp recipes. Try adding a little to oatmeal. Dehydrated bananas with the chocolate-PB powder makes a delicious quick just-add-water breakfast. Make up a Thai style peanut noodle dish. Lots of options. For my intended purpose as a flavoring agent to otherwise healthy home-made camp meals, I'm thrilled. I try to keep everything to just-add-water simple, and this works.
on June 18, 2015
As someone who follows a low calorie, low fat diet, this stuff is great to get my peanut butter fix. It is super easy to mix and tastes great. It also saves me a lot of calories compared to normal peanut butter. The chocolate one is also very good. It reminds me of something along the lines of Nutella.

This product also is not full of different ingredients that I cannot pronounce. The peanut butter has 3 ingredients (peanuts, sugar, salt) and the chocolate version adds cocoa powder for a 4th ingredient. This is great for someone looking for a product not loaded with preservatives and such.

My favorite use for this is when I am making my protein shakes, but it is also great on fruit or on a sandwich. This adds a great peanut butter flavor, without the addition of a ton of extra fat/calories that comes with regular peanut butter.
on July 6, 2016
This magical powder is so, so delicious!! I am addicted to the chocolate one, and often will just bring a bit of it with me to work to add water and snack on just like regular PB. It's fabulous on toast, alone, and in smoothies! I haven't tried it in other foods/mixtures, but once it's reconstituted with water, the only noticable difference to regular peanut butter is that it's a bit runny. Once on my toast though, it was perfect and I don't feel it made my bread soggy or anything. I need to restock my cupboards with this as it's now summer and I'm thinking some chocolate PB2 and berries is sounding pretty amazing right now!