Planters Cashew Halves and Pieces, 16.25 oz.
- Cashew Halves and Pieces, 16.25oz can
- Contains Sea Salt
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
PLANTERS began as a vision in the mind of a young Italian Immigrant named Amedeo Obici.
Little did he know that the small business he began in 1906 would grow into the world's grandest nut company. We have built our reputation and a powerful brand by offering superior quality and product innovation.
American favorite for over 100 years.
PLANTERS has been an American favorite for over 100 years. Whether you love PLANTERS Peanuts for their delicious peanut taste or their satisfying crunch, there’s a variety just for you.
All about the Peanut
Although its name implies it is a nut, peanuts are not true nuts but, instead, a member of a family of legumes related to peas, lentils, chickpeas and other beans. Peanuts start growing as a flower, but, because of their heavy weight after pollination, they bend toward and eventually go underground where the peanut matures. Although peanuts come in many varieties, there are four main types with specific size, taste and nutrient make-up; they include Runners, Virginia, Spanish and Valencia. Runners have become extremely popular because of their high yield. More than half of these peanuts are used for peanut butter. Virginias have the largest kernels and are typically the peanuts you find roasted in the shell or in snack bags. Spanish-type peanuts have smaller kernels and higher oil content than other types of peanuts and are covered with a reddish-brown skin. They are used mostly in peanut candies, some snack nuts and peanut butter. Valencias are a very sweet "nut" with three or more small kernels to a pod and are covered in a bright-red skin. They are usually roasted or boiled and sold in-the-shell.
So many nuts, so little time.
In the mood for something simple? Grab one of our single-nut varieties like PLANTERS Regular Dry Roasted Peanuts. Needing a little wholesome energy to keep you going? Try our new PLANTERS Sustaining Energy Mix. Want to be a little adventurous? Taste our PLANTERS Peanut Butter.
A Healthy Handful of Peanuts
- Protein helps keep you satisfied. And peanuts—which are not actually nuts but, like peas and beans, are legumes—have seven grams of protein per one–ounce serving.
- Fiber - Peanuts are a good source of dietary fiber, which can help keep you feeling full longer and can aid digestion. Not too many snacks contain fiber!
- Niacin is a B vitamin that the body uses to convert food into energy. A one–ounce serving of peanuts delivers about 15% of the niacin you need each day.
- Vitamin E - A one–ounce serving of peanuts delivers a good source of Vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps you protect cells from damage.
- Resveratrol - This plant compound with antioxidant properties is found in peanuts (especially high in peanut skins) as well as grapes. Many scientific studies are looking at its health benefits.
- “Good” Fats - Experts recommend limiting the intake of foods high in saturated fat and replacing them with foods high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated–“good”—fats. And 80% of the fat in peanuts comprise the “good” fats.
Flavor: Cashew Halves and Pieces | Size: 16.25 Ounce (Pack of 1)
Choking warning: Do not give nuts to children under 4. Manufactured on equipment that processes peanuts, other tree nuts.
Cashews, Peanut and/or Cottonseed Oil, Sea Salt.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Planters remains a consumer-responsive brand and continues to diversify its product line to meet consumer preferences.
1. Many "big box" mainstream US manufacturers have again put their ahead of providing consumers with product that uses healthy food-based ingredients and oils. This product most likely is roasted in cottonseed oil-classified as a non-foods crop. What many folks may not know is that this oil is not regulated as stringently by the FDA as those oils which are grown as a food source. The concern here is that cottonseeds are cleaned by bathing them in a solution containing hexane among other toxic chemicals-a known toxin and irritant. Unfortunately, under current FDA regulations, US manufacturers are not required to identify the percentage of each oil used in any particular lot #/batch of their products. This is why you see the statement: "May contain one or more of the following oils.....", or "peanut and/or cottonseed oils". I choose to not spin the roulette wheel of safety or play the "Guess That Oil" game.
2. Planter's oil-"roasted" nuts tend to be excessively oily as other reviewers have suggested. Nuts are by nature, loaded with fat but some manufacturer's use a higher percentage.Read more ›
They're yummy, as always. And I've tried many brands of cashews over the years (conventional and organic) and of all the conventional cashews I’ve had these are the absolute best. Some brands taste stale or "off" and I can never figure out why - I just spit them out and never buy them again. But Planters is always consistent in quality and flavor and they’re never too salty. They're great alone or you can use them in recipes, or make your own trail mix. I recommend these cashews when eating them alone, because they're perfect. Or use them in a recipe that calls for basic whole cashews. But if you're going to make trail mix I recommend the lightly salted kind. Here's my trail mix recipe:
1 cup Planters Deluxe Whole Cashews (lightly salted) - Planters Deluxe Whole Cashews Canister, Lightly Salted, 18.25 Ounce
1 cup Planters Cocktail Peanuts (lightly salted) - Planters Cocktail Peanuts, Lightly Salted, 16-Ounce Canisters (Pack of 6)
1 cup Diamond Walnuts - Diamond Walnuts, Shelled, 16 Oz
1 cup sesame sticks - ...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The cashews are very fresh and the quality is what I expected from Planters.Published 5 hours ago by Rockness77
Tasty. Some 1/2 and broken pieces, but overall whole ones. Light salt, not over salted.Published 19 hours ago by Amazon Customer
I've tried Blue Diamond and Emerald - but these have the perfect light sweetness to the cocoa. I can't find them in the stores. So far just Amazon and Sams Club. LOVE THEM!Published 21 hours ago by Gregory Chute
Way too salty, and the pepper is not necessary. Would be a least be a 4 star item if they hold off the pepper and if there weren't som many empty shells.Published 1 day ago by vgrin
Everybody is allowed to get their hands on these nuts and I guess everybody likes them, it doesn't last long whenever there is an unopened bagPublished 2 days ago by Andrea Martinez