Plantronics Voyager 510 Bluetooth Headset [Retail Packaging] (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Windsmart Technology allows you to seamlessly switch between two Bluetooth® devices
- Noise-canceling microphone for superior sound quality
- Up to 6 hours talk time and up to 100 hours standby time
- One-touch call answer/end, last number redial and voice activated dialing
- Compatible with Bluetooth devices supporting the headset or hands-free profile
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Simplify your communications! The lightweight and versatile Plantronics Voyager 510 Bluetooth Headset delivers all-day wearing comfort, clearer voice transmission and superior sound quality. With exclusive Multipoint Technology, your headset seamlessly transforms into a powerful communication solution for up to two Bluetooth devices. It's right here- Wherever, Whenever, Wireless.
For the ultimate in wireless freedom, look no further than the Plantronics Voyager 510 Bluetooth headset, which represents a generational leap in Bluetooth headset technology. It's comfortable and light enough for all day wear, and it offers unprecedented clarity and sound quality. These are great features, but the real revolution involves Plantronics' exclusive Multipoint technology, which allows the headset to function as a powerful communication solution for up to two Bluetooth devices.
With Multipoint technology you can switch between your voice-enabled Bluetooth mobile phone, PDA or laptop. The headset's "smart" technology knows which device you are using and allows you to take calls from any device at the touch of a button. With the optional Plantronics Bluetooth Deskphone Adapter you can even switch between your office phone and your Bluetooth mobile phone. You'll never need to use a dedicated "landline" phone headset again.
The 510 features WindSmart technology, which enhances call clarity in windy environments (i.e., car with window/roof open, air conditioning on, outside with breeze), and it folds for easy storage. The boom also swivels for perfect positioning on either ear. One-touch call control buttons are placed for easy access, and you can easily redial the last number dialed and initiate voice-activated calls from the headset. Because the 510 is Bluetooth-enabled (it supports the Bluetooth 1.2 specification) you can roam up to 33 feet from your Bluetooth device. Meanwhile, the 510 supports adaptive frequency hopping (AFH) which helps avoid interference from Wi-Fi networks. Ample talk time is provided by the built-in rechargeable battery; you'll get up to 6 hours talk time and up to 100 hours of standby time.
- Talk time: Up to 6 hours
- Standby time: Up to 100 hours
- Bluetooth version: 1.2 (supports headset and hands-free profiles)
- Wearing style: Over-the-ear; boom swivels for wearing on either ear
- Headset controls: Volume, mute, call answer/end, voice-activated dialing (must be supported by your phone)
- Adaptive Frequency Hopping: Yes (helps to avoid interference for co-existence with Wi-Fi/WLAN)
- Supports analog and digital office phones: Yes
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This device does exactly what I wanted it to do. It was a piece of cake to setup on my Verizon Samsung u540 phone. You wouldn't even need to crack open the user manual except to discover the 4-digit code you have to plug-in to your phone (it's 0000, btw). After that, it's a snap to turn on and link to my phone.
My other important concern was voice clarity, both on sending and receiving. Thus far, after several hours of use, I can tell you that the voice reception I hear is crystal clear. No crackling, no hollowing or echoing. On the other end, I've not had anyone complain about being unable to hear my voice or that my voice is coming across muddled -- interestingly, I've had such complaints while using my old, corded headset!
The power button *is* small and it *is* a tad more difficult to depress than you might want, but then, you won't accidentally turn on or turn off this device because of the way it's designed. I agree with others -- turn on the device before putting it on your ear, and do the same when you're turning it off.
As for noise canceling, my wife and I tested out this device in very noisy home with four small kids, and I was very pleasantly surprised at how well this headset communicated my voice but not the ambient noise in the room.
Using the volume control on the headset was pretty easy to do. Note that you can control voice volume either through the phone handset volume control or the control on this Plantronics headset. If other reviewers are complaining about low volume from this headset, it's likely because one of the two volume controls is turned down too low, or perhaps the mobile phone their using doesn't have much by way of signal output. This Plantronics headset has *plenty* of loud volume if that's what you want.
As for ear comfort, I found it to be very comfortable, although I haven't worn it all day long. I talked to a friend for an hour yesterday, and I had absolutely no discomfort at all. The device comes with three earpieces (small, medium and large). I use the medium with great results.
The phone fits snuggly on my ear and it doesn't move around at all, although I'm not jogging or even walking much while using it.
I like the more discreet look of having the "guts" of this device behind my ear, with a thin microphone on the side of my face, rather than the fat Motorola designs.
Other reviewers have cautioned about the headset breaking, so I just take very gentle care while handling it. I suspect I won't have a problem with it falling apart.
I can't speak to battery life, because after a lengthy phone call, I just recharge it so it's ready for the next call I might make. Charging it is easy to do and doesn't take long, either.
In sum, I'm very satisfied with this device. As long as it doesn't break, it's performance and comfortable design make this an excellent choice.
1. Great noise filtering. The microphone does a great job of filtering out ambient noise including wind.
2. The battery is excellent and lasts for days on standby and for at least 6 hours talking.
3. Multipoint Technology. This technology rocks. I have both my work (Blackberry) and personal cell phone synched with this device at the same time and can call or answer either without pairing hassles.
4. Pairs with a device that it has been setup with by simply pressing the primary button.
5. Volume buttons on earpiece.
6. Comes with multiple earpieces for comfort.
7. Stable in the ear. It doesn't feel as if it will fall out.
8. Durable. I used this hard for a few years and it has only now started to fall apart. Still works though.
9. Shares common power supply with many other Plantronics devices for ease of power sharing.
10. Larger then competitors but very light.
The Not so Good:
1. It is bigger then most other devices.
2. The earpieces are prone to fall out and don't stay secured after about 6 months.
As you can see I really don't have much bad to say about this device. I am only now replacing it after 2 years of use and that is because the earpiece fell out and I can't find the pack that came with it. It still works! I replaced this unit with the Plantronics Discovery 925 and I might like that even better. For the money though you cannot beat the Voyager 510 in my opinion. 5 stars!