Plantronics 88120-41 M165 Marque 2 Ultralight Wireless Bluetooth Headset - Compatible with iPhone, Android, and Other Leading Smartphones - Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Brand||Poly (Plantronics + Polycom)|
About this item
- HIGH QUALITY BLUETOOTH HEADSET: Dual microphones reduce noise and wind for clear, crisp call quality while in the office or at the gym
- VOICE RECOGNITION: Manage calls hands free without pressing buttons through Plantronics voice recognition technology, just say Answer or Ignore
- LONG LASTING BATTERY LIFE: Battery lasts for over 7 hours of talk time and features DeepSleep power-saving mode when away from your phone.Charge time (maximum)- 90 minutes for full charge
- COMFORT: Three optional eartips; small, medium, and large, for the most comfortable fit in either ear
- FIND MY HEADSET: The app will locate your headset through your iPhone, iPad, Android, or other smart device by sending a tone so you can hear where it is hiding
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
What's in the box
From the manufacturer
- Guides you through pairing
- Just say 'Answer'
- Enhanced audio clarity
- Streams your tunes and more
- Comfortable fit
- Power-saving mode
- MyHeadset App for iPhone and Android
- Find MyHeadset Android app
Marque 2 M165
Mobile Bluetooth Headset
Voice commands to answer/ignore calls, noise-canceling, plus a power-saving mode.
The Plantronics Marque 2 headset, a perfect companion for smartphones, now features DeepSleep and enhanced noise reduction.
- Dual microphones reduce noise and wind, giving you better call quality.
- Just say 'Answer' or 'Ignore' to handle your calls – no buttons to press.
- Three sizes of flexible silicone eartips (S, M, L) and an optional earloop provide a comfortable, stable fit
- Use your headset to listen to music, movies, Internet radio, and driving directions.
- Voice control for Siri, Google Now, and Cortana smartphone assistants.
- Listen to music, and movies from your smartphone or tablet.
- DeepSleep power-saving mode activates when your Marque headset is away from your phone for over 90 minutes. When it’s back in range (33 feet or less), you can just tap the call button to 'wake' it up. Using the DeepSleep mode can extend the battery readiness up to 180 days.
Compare with similar items
Plantronics M165 Marque 2 Ultralight Wireless Bluetooth Headset - Compatible with iPhone, Android, and Other Leading Smartphones - Black
Plantronics Explorer 110, Black Earset
Glazata EC200 Wireless Bluetooth Headset - 30h Talking (Black 2-Pack)
|Sold By||—||HUIYANZHI||Just Right!||Glazata_USA|
|Fit Type||Over-Ear||On-Ear||Over-Ear, In-Ear||In-Ear|
|Item Dimensions||1.94 x 0.55 x 0.36 inches||1.94 x 0.55 x 0.36 inches||7 x 1 x 4 inches||2.36 x 0.59 x 0.39 inches|
|Item Weight||0.24 ounces||0.32 ounces||0.99 ounces||0.46 ounces|
|Special Features||Microphone||microphone, noise_cancellation||Microphone, wireless||super long battery life, simultaneously connect 2 devices, quickly pair, brand packaging, Sports-and-exercise, comfort fit|
Plantronics Marque 2 M165 Bluetooth headset is the perfect companion for smartphones, with universal-fit conformable gel ear tips, a Deep Sleep power-saving mode and dual microphones that reduce background and wind noise for crisp, clear call quality. Listen to music or stream audio and Internet radio, manage your calls without pressing buttons - just say "Answer" or "Ignore". The headset does not have recording feature and active memory. Operating + storage temperature : 32°F – 104°F (0 – 40°C). Refer instruction manual for troubleshooting steps.
A perfect companion for smartphones, the ultralight Plantronics Marque 2 features DeepSleep power-saving mode and dual microphones that reduce noise and wind for clear, crisp call quality. You can also manage your calls without pressing buttons--just say "Answer" or "Ignore."
Featuring the latest Bluetooth 3.0 technology, the Marque 2 includes the A2DP Bluetooth profile for audio streaming capabilities, so you can listen to music, podcasts, or GPS directions from your smartphone. With its multipoint pairing capability, you can quickly switch active connections between two paired phones and answer calls from either one. Other features include enhanced clarity on wideband-enabled smartphones, a comfortable fit in either ear with one of three optional eartips, and a voice-guided pairing process.
This version comes in black, but it's also available in white.
Always Ready with DeepSleep Mode
Plantronics DeepSleep power-saving mode activates when your Marque 2 is away from your phone for over 90 minutes. When it's back in range (33 feet or less), you can just tap the Call button to "wake" it up. Using the DeepSleep mode can extend the battery readiness up to 180 days.
The Marque 2 lets you be truly hands free when a call comes in. You'll hear a ringtone in the headset, and then it will ask: "Incoming call, Answer or Ignore?" If you want to answer the call, just say "Answer." By saying "Ignore," the call is sent straight to voicemail. It's that easy.
Get the most from your Plantronics headset with apps for Android
Tired of searching for your misplaced headset?
Find MyHeadset acoustically locates your headset by sending it a tone so you can hear where it's hiding. The app also features an on-screen headset battery meter in the notification bar for those with Android OS 3.0 or later.
One touch conference call connection
InstantMeeting automatically identifies conference calls and dialing details from your calendar, reminds you just before the meeting is scheduled to begin, and, with one touch, connects you to your conference call.
What's in the Box
Plantronics Marque 2 Bluetooth headset; wall charger; three sizes of gel eartips; clip-on earloop; quick start guide
|Bluetooth||Version 3.0; profiles include Advanced Audio Distribution (A2DP), Hands-free (HFP), Headset (HSP)|
|Talk time||Up to 7 hours|
|Standby time||Up to 11 days|
|DeepSleep||Extends battery readiness up to 180 days|
Marque 2 Key Features:
- Reduced noise and wind for crisp call quality with dual microphone
- Extends battery readiness for up to 6 months with DeepSleep mode
- Take calls without pressing a button--just say "Answer"
- Hear music, videos, driving directions, and more
- Monitor headset battery level on your iPhone or Android smartphone
- Pairs with any Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone or device
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought a handful of Plantronics headsets because it's hard to differentiate through the different models. The model numbers don't mean much and at these prices why not buy a few and choose the best and gift away the rest.
This model has fancy voice menu prompts and voice recognition. I don't plan on using the voice recognition but the prompts make it easier than other models to pair with your device.
Sound is loud and clear but not any better than the M55 or M70, so save a few bucks buying those instead. It's definitely louder than the lousy E50 which is the nominal replacement for the excellent but sadly discontinued M50.
Like the other M55 and M70, the silicone rubber earpiece holds the headset surprisingly secure and comfortably in the ear.
Battery life is lousy compared to anything else. My new unit reports 7 hours of talk time. The M55 and M70 report 11 hours.
My wife had this headset for a couple of months when she misplaced it. She thought for sure she'd left it at a store but then, where did it turn up? In the dryer! She typically would remove the earpiece from her ear and place it in the back pocket of her pants. This particular time, it stayed in her pants and went through an entire cycle in the washing machine... and then it went through an entire cycle in our dryer! After first being recovered from the dryer, it didn't turn on. After we charged it, it started working again! We were amazed!
Then she lost it again. Aaaannnnnd... it went through the washer/dryer cycle again. Once again, it survived and worked just fine until... she lost it. Apparently for good this time.
All in all, I can't say how amazed I am that this little headset survived not one but TWO trips through our laundry. If we ever find it again, I'm confident that it will work perfectly. Highly recommended!
My car doesn't have a built in option. I used a Bluetooth in the past and had a very comfortable headset with great sound from this company. Sadly, I hadn't used it in years and threw it away a couple months ago just before I heard the news. Typical, right? This device costs more and delivers less.
It is very uncomfortable in the ear, and although it paired quickly, the connection was very poor. My connection dropped in and out several times while listening to a podcast. Callers complained that I was very difficult to hear despite trying to make adjustments to position on ear. There multiple instances of drops and low quality in the first few minutes of use. I decided right away to return the device and look for another solution.
Plantronics used to make great stuff-- maybe that's still true with the high end options. I'm not interested in those devices, because I don't want to spend a lot for something with such a limited purpose.
This device seemed to be in the middle of the pack based on research, but I would only be happy with this product if the price was $12 or less.
1. You have to turn it on and off
2. It is a long confusing process to pair it
3. It loses it pairing every time I turn it off
4. It is uncomfortable
5. It is too quiet
6. I DO NOT LIKE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS EARPIECE, BESIDES THE PRICE. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. OH YEAH AND I LIKE THE COLOR
1. The person on the other end hears everything! From footsteps in the hallway to a squeaky chair you're sitting, and the clicks of the keyboard, nothing goes unoticed. Don't even get me started on trying to use in public spaces like airports, coffee shops, etc...
2. Call quality was choppy on the users end, not all the time, but often enough to require reboots.
3. Choppy quality on the other end. Many times if I was in a quiet room like my office, people would complain the call quality was tinny & choppy. The moment I switched off the headset, call quality was great.
Don't bother with this headset. Move on. Find something different.
Top reviews from other countries
Was out during a walk person I was talking to said they could hear both traffic and wind, I ordered a replacement