Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on October 14, 2010
I bought the .audio 630-M USB headset made by Plantronics to work with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. It works great. Windows 7 recognizes it and loads drivers for it automatically. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 and this headset function together virtually out-of-the-box with almost no errors.

The only errors I can attribute to the headset involve soft consonants such as "f" and "s" at the beginning of a word where there are two words that could start with either consonant, such as "fire" and "sire"--DNS can confuse such a pair. Learning to enunciate with just a touch of extra emphasis on the key consonant helps DNS with successful dictation with this--or more likely any--headset. It's reasonably comfortable, lightweight, and doesn't overheat the ears. Long cord. Volume control on the cord. Highly recommended.
on September 12, 2012
I think this is a decent headset, the microphone works and the headphone earpads are covered by a velvety/suede texture that should technically be comfortable. But it is itchy as heck! Plus, you cannot use these headphones for an extended period of time because of this, and the fact that the earphones start to hurt after awhile. I have a headset that costed me $10 but was way more comfortable. However, I've heard that the mic on that one was bad and static-y.

I have a macbook -- headphones are not plug and play, I have to manuelly make sure my computer or skype have it set to the "plantronics headset." This is a bit cumbersome. I've owned it for a while, but use it very rarely. I think having instructions would have helped this product a lot.... I'm waiting for it to break at some point to justify buying something better.
on November 16, 2011
This headset is disappointing; it reduced the chance of me buying Plantronics again, particularly considering their pricing. Overall performance is acceptable, sound levels are reasonable, speaker clarity is okay, it has some nice extras, but it suffers a few drawbacks as well. Cheap overall impression from a midrange price, from a company whose products mostly boast 'premium' tier prices.

Pros:
* mute switch on cable
* volume control on cable
* cable leading to the headset is nice and light
* cable leading from USB box is reasonably long

Neutral:
* okay sound quality and clarity on the speakers (but not really good)
* reasonable stereo separation if listening stereo stream

Cons:
* volume control on cable is the *only* volume control; software volume control (other than editing the waveform to lower ranged values) has no apparent effect
* cable is made of several segments -- a really thick one from the USB connector to a box (probably the A/D and D/A hardware), a long thin one from the box to the volume/mute control, and another shorter thin one from the volume/mute control to the headset
* big box on the thick cable coming from the USB connector gets rather warm
* thin parts of the cable hold onto the kinks from being packed for months, despite occasional efforts to unkink it, so it occasionally snags on unexpected things (a fold in a shirt sleeve, the edge of the desk)
* microphone has no 'wind protection' (such as a simple foam overlay), so even breathing in its direction or having it in front of your mouth while speaking sounds like you are somewhere prone to random hurricane speed wind gusts
* microphone is permanently tied as feedback to the speakers, so anything it picks up (speaking, even 'wind noise' from breathing or speaking) will be coupled directly to the speaker elements
* sometimes get feedback between microphone and speakers that is so obvious that it sounds like open microphone feedback for a fraction of a second
* limited adjustment range of the position of the microphone

The picture Amazon provides is backwards. The side with the boom is hardwired as the left channel, despite it being shown in Amazon's images as if it were the right side of the headset (the boom swings down to about that level in either direction). I purchased it hoping for one that I could use with the boom on the right but the playback channels are reversed when I use it that way. This really isn't a problem with (for example) telephone use, but makes music feel a little funny, and watching anything while listening over it really can seem wrong.

I had a headset I liked rather more (that one was significantly less expensive!), but have not been able to find a direct replacement. Even after buying this one, I continue to look.
on May 13, 2011
Got this last December, used it for five months, and now it will not work. Have checked out driver and tested it on the system, and even though it all checks out it still will not work; it has been like this for a week.

REVISION ADDED BY ME NOV 2011

I recently moved, everything taken down and packed, etc. At my new place, I had a funny hunch as I was unpacking and saw this device, and plugged it into my laptop. Now it works! I am supposing that before, when it stopped working, that somehow the driver became disabled. I would advise anyone using this to properly disconnect the device before shutting down their system. Use the same precautions that one would use with a flash drive.

If anybody has a better explanation for this phenomenon, please post a comment. In the meantime, I am upgrading my rating for this product.
on October 1, 2010
Having gone through two other headsets in the space of 3 months, this headset is a blessing. Very comfortable ear pads, the weight is balanced and pleasant. All moving pieces (mic swivel, headpiece extensions) feel very solid and move fluidly. The cord is extra long and the volume/mute tool is integrated with the clip-on piece, and seems durable as well.

I'm very happy with this headset. I work from home and have to wear a headset all day, every day. I even forget I'm wearing this and try to walk away with them still on!

Very highly recommend this product.
on March 16, 2017
Good quality headset, even used. As described. No problems. Would buy again.
on October 31, 2010
This is a really nice headset. They are of nice quality and the velour cushion and the shinny plastic make them very attractive. They were a little tight at first, but i put them around something large and left them there all night to kind of stretch them out and it worked well. They are adjustable, but at first i didn't like the tightness. However, after stretching them out a bit they now fit very nicely. I have had many headsets, as i work at home and use them everyday. This was the first pair that i purchased where the volume control actually worked. The sound quality is nice and they definitely are nice looking, not cheap like many others. In addition, they are not bulky and the cord is light so they are very compfortable and i would purchase them again.
on July 18, 2012
I was shocked when this product arrived in only the shipping box and a plastic bag. No where in the product description on Amazon does it say it is a used or reconditioned product. I don't have the luxury of time to return it and wait for a replacement in the packaging and with the manual that should have accompanied the headset, so I certainly hope it works properly for the on-line class for which I need to use it. I did immediately test it on skype, and it works well with that. I'm using it on a laptop with Windows 7 OS, and it is very easy to set up (plug and "play"). So, hopefully, in spite of the initial disappointment in how the product arrived, the performance will not be a disappointment.
on January 20, 2012
It was great while it lasted, but less than a year after my purchase, it now has a problem: there must be a lose wire connection inside that "long, bumpy part" (whatever that is called). I have to wiggle the wire coming out of it into a specific position and try to hold it still there, or else I can't hear the other party anymore. They seem to hear me, though.... but what good is a one-way conversation!? Very disappointing! I can assure you that I do not mistreat my items. It has just been sitting on the table, attached via the USB to the side of my laptop, and from there, it went onto my head and back to the table top. How it can suddenly malfunction is anybody's guess... shoddy workmanship!
I won't buy another one of this brand!
on December 1, 2011
I needed a new headset for Skype communications, as my old one died rather suddenly (after several years). I reviewed several at Amazon, and finally selected the 630M. It's trivially easy to install under Windows 7... just plugged it in to a USB port, and it was recognized right away. It's light-weight, comfortable, and the sound quality is certainly good enough for voice communications. I will admit that I haven't listened to music through the headset yet... I can't say anything good or bad in that category... but for ease of use, cost, and for voice comm, these are just fine.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.