Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2 Special Edition - Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Audio Quality: Immersive, high-res sound, and powerful speaker drivers deliver the right balance of rich bass, crisp highs, and natural mid-tones for your music
- Active Noise Cancelling Headphones (ANC):Switch on active noise cancelling (ANC) to minimize ambient noise while working or traveling
- 24-Hour Streaming: Enjoy up to 24 hours of wireless music, movies and calls before choosing the cabled connection or recharging.
- Wireless Freedom: Stream rich, lifelike audio up to 100 meters/330 feet away from your Class 1 Bluetooth smartphone or tablet
- Rigid Travel Case: Ear cups swivel flat to slip into the protective travel case
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
We believe that people come first and that technology must be simple, intuitive, and personalized.
As an industry leader, we look beyond just building the best headsets. Through the insightful application of the latest technology, we create innovative audio solutions that help solve the problems that prevent people from getting their most important tasks done.
BackBeat PRO 2 Special Edition
Wireless noise cancelling headphones
Enhance every moment with BackBeat PRO 2 Special Edition wireless headphones. On-demand active noise cancelling creates an oasis of personal space in a public place at the touch of a button.
Plus, this Special Edition features instant NFC pairing for compatible devices and a rigid travel case.
- On-demand ANC to reduce ambient noise
- Up to 24 hours of wireless streaming
- Up to 330 ft/100 m range using Class 1 Bluetooth device
- Improved design to be 35% smaller and 15% lighter than its predecessor for all-day comfort
- Open listening mode lets you hear your surroundings
- Automatic music play/pause when headphones are put on/removed
- Connect and switch audio between a smartphone and tablet
- Pair compatible devices instantly with NFC technology
On-demand active noise cancelling
Silence the world around you at the touch of a button with on-demand active noise cancelling.
Designed for all-day comfort
Headphones feature a cushioned, over-the-ear design for long wearing comfort.
24-hour battery power
You’re free to listen or talk continuously for up to 24 hours on a single charge.
Protective travel case
Protect your headphones with a rigid case to stand up to the wear and tear of travel.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Plantronics Inc.||Amazon.com||Amazing Dealzzz||PAWW||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||9 x 9 x 3 in||7.36 x 8.35 x 1.65 in||7.56 x 7.09 x 1.25 in||9 x 4 x 8 in||3.1 x 7 x 7.9 in||3 x 7 x 7 in|
|Item Weight||0.6 lb||4.8 ounces||1.03 lbs||0.61 lb||0.8 lb||7.5 ounces|
Sound shapes your day, so enhance every moment with BackBeat PRO 2 wireless headphones. Ondemand active noise cancelling creates an oasis of personal space in a public place at the touch of a button. Ready to roam? BackBeat PRO 2 also gives you Class 1 Bluetooth power with an amazing range of up to 100 meters and up to 24 hours of continuous listening time on one charge, so you can move with a whole new level of wireless freedom. Requires a Class 1 Bluetooth device
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The audio quality is actually really good, especially for bluetooth headphones
- They still have a jack for an aux cable, if you prefer/need to wire directly
- The battery life is phenomenal. I listen to music at work a lot and I need to charge like once every two weeks, maybe even less.
- The noise cancelling feature works very well
- The mic works really well, despite being so far from your mouth. This makes the phone call function really convenient
- While it may seem awesome that it automatically pauses/plays by removing/replacing the headphones from your head. But this has created its most inconvenient feature: The way it works is by a pressure sensor in the *right ear only*. Because of this, when I move my head a certain way- or even if I'm yawning or chewing, my jaw moves and pauses the music. It drives me insane. If I simply readjust the headphones on my head, it pauses. This feature, that would make it extraordinary, has severely backfired and makes it nearly intolerable. There is no way to disable this feature. If there was a switch or a a free app I could install from which I could control the headphone features, that would be perfect. But I just have to accept the fact that every now and then my music randomly pauses. As I'm typing this my music is constantly pausing then playing again.
- The skip track and volume controls feel counter-intuitive. In order to go to the next track you press the button on the button on the left. To restart the track or go to the previous track, you press the button on the right (by "right" and "left" I mean as if you were looking directly at the controls). This is perfectly counter-intuitive. Similarly, the volume is controlled using a circular slider (similar to the old iPods). However, to lower the volume, you spin clockwise (and to raise the volume, you spin counter-clockwise). This is the opposite of what one would expect/assume.
- There is some latency- only a fraction of a second or so. It makes watching videos kind of annoying. But that is probably the case with all bluetooth headphones
This would be a 5-star product if not for that first con listed. The other two cons are mere annoyances but that first one is a real deal-breaker. I will probably look for a different pair and will sell these.
*** EDIT ***
I've recently learned that by downloading their app you can find instructions on how to disable the automatic play/pause feature. I've since disabled it and now I LOVE these headphones. It's a shame though... that feature is one of the reasons I chose these headphones. So that needs some work. But they are still high-quality headphones. So I'm changing my review from 3 to 4 stars for that reason. If the automatic play/pause wasn't so buggy, it would easily be 5-star headphones.
I like the sound signature, definitely bass heavy but not too overpowering.
I expected sound to suffer while using bluetooth but was pleasantly surprised that they do well.
Good build quality.
Has an audio jack for corded listening.
Bluetooth works well overall.
Better than expected range.
Phone calls work well.
Ear pads are not thick/deep enough for my ears.
Refers to every device as phone 1 or phone 2.
Noise cancellation doesn't do much but I did not buy them for that functionality.
Pairing is finicky with a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver adapter sometimes.
The sound quality is great and surpass my expectations.
The only one issue I have, is that the volume is low during calls. The other party is hardly able to hear me and I can't seem to find a solution for it.
Most recent customer reviews
Oddly, whioe this weighs about 293grams, and the Pro1 weighs 340grams, this one manages to be the less comfy to wear!Read more
1) The sound quality on these is great.
2) The sound cancelling is amazing when used in a loud environment.Read more