Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Plantronics BackBeat Go 2 Wireless Hi-Fi Earbud Headphones with Charging Case - Compatible with iPhone and other Smart Devices - Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- WIRELESS EARBUDS: Bluetooth enabled cordless headphones allow you to lose the cord while providing an enhanced and immersive audio experience.
- LONG LASTING BATTERY LIFE: Includes a charging case which offers up to 14.5 hours of listening time with 20 minutes of charge time giving an extra hour of battery life.
- COMPACT: Bluetooth enabled wireless earbuds easily slip into your pocket making them perfect travel headphones while still packing a full-on stereo sound.
- COMFORT: Multiple fit options give secure earbuds for active and all-day wearing.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Size (LWH): 1.85 inches, 7.09 inches, 4.92 inches
- Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 5 hours
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 240 hours
- Battery Type: Lithium Polymer
Plantronics BackBeat GO 2 wireless earbuds deliver immersive audio for your non-stop life, so you can lose the cord, free your music, and still take that call. Stay charged, stay moving. Once you experience the rich bass, crisp highs, and natural midtones, you'll want every minute the charging case offers so you can lose yourself in the soundtrack of your day. Just unleash your music and go.
No Cords, No Compromise
Plantronics BackBeat GO 2 wireless earbuds and charging case deliver immersive audio for your non-stop life with up to 14.5 hours of use on the go. Once you experience the rich bass, crisp highs, and natural midtones, you'll want every minute the charging case offers so you can lose yourself in the soundtrack of your day.
BackBeat GO 2 earbuds are designed to seal in the bass and block out the noise -- so lose the cord, free your music, and still take that call. There are three sizes of eartips and two stabilizers to provide a secure, comfortable fit.
Stay Charged, Stay Moving
Thanks to the protective soft charging case, you'll get up to 14.5 hours of listening time with the BackBeat GO 2 wireless earbuds (from fully charged case). Two LEDs on the charging case provide key information. Press the battery icon on the case and one LED blinks to show you the battery level of the case. While charging, the LED on the case that shows the earbuds' status will blink every ten seconds until fully charged. Just 20 minutes connected to the charging case adds up to another hour of listening time.
Without using the case for additional on-the-go charging, you'll get up to 4.5 hours of listening time and up to 5 hours of talk time from these ultralight earbuds, as well as up to 10 days of standby time. If you forget to connect to the charging case, the DeepSleep hibernation mode keeps the earbuds charged for up to six months, ready for use.
Unleash Your Music and GO
The Bluetooth-enabled BackBeat GO 2 wireless earbuds easily slip into your pocket, but still pack a full-on stereo sound. You can listen to music, chat with friends, or watch movies on your tablet -- even play games on the go.
A convenient inline controller lets you manage calls, play and pause music, and skip tracks while your smartphone is conveniently tucked away in your pocket or bag. An inline microphone captures your voice so you sound clear and natural during phone calls.
You can rely on the BackBeat GO 2 to work as hard as you do -- through rain, sweat, and the inevitable coffee spill. BackBeat GO 2 earbuds are protected against sweat and moisture damage by P2i technology. The nano-coating is applied during the manufacturing process, resulting in invisible liquid repellent properties that also makes the earbuds more reliable, wherever your busy life takes you.
Onscreen Battery Meter
Keep track of the battery life of your BackBeat GO 2 earbuds with a handy battery meter that automatically displays onscreen for iPhone and iPad. The free Plantronics Battery Meter widget enables a battery meter on smartphones running Android 4.0 and later and tablets running Android 3.0 and later.
What's in the Box
Plantronics BackBeat GO 2 earbuds, soft charging case with rechargeable battery, Micro USB charger, three eartips (small, medium, large), fit stabilizers, quick start guide
BackBeat GO 2 Earbuds + Charging Case, Black
- Earbuds seal in the crisp highs, natural mid-tones, and rich bass so you hear every nuance
- Military-grade moisture resistance and rugged, tangle-free cable won't let you down
- Included charge case enables up to 14.5 hours listen time
- Just 20 minutes connected to the charging case adds another hour of listening time
- DeepSleep mode puts earbuds into hibernation when away from phone to extend battery life
- Inline controls make it easy to take calls, skip tracks, and adjust volume
- Multiple fit options secure earbuds for active use and all-day wearing
|Models||BackBeat 903+||BackBeat GO||BackBeat GO2||BackBeat GO2 + Charging Case|
|Audio Quality||14mm speaker drivers plus enhanced bass||1st generation 6mm speaker drivers||3rd generation 6mm speaker drivers plus enhanced bass|
|Listening Time||Up to 7 hours||Up to 4.5 hours||Up to 4.5 hours|
|Standby Time||Up to 168 hours||Up to 240 hours||Up to 6 months with DeepSleep hibernation mode|
|Device Connectivity||Single-device connection||Single-device connection||8-device memory for easy switching|
|Stability and Fit||Three-way adjustment with contoured eartips||Standard in-ear design with stabilizers||Redesigned ear tips and stabilizers|
|Play & Volume Controls||Dedicated buttons on ear and behind ear||Standard inline controller||2nd generation inline controller with intuitive, tactile controls|
|P2i Sweat Resistant Technology||No||P2i coated for sweat and water resistance*||P2i coated for sweat and water resistance|
|Call Experience||Two standard omni microphones plus||Standard omni microphone plus full duplex echo cancellation||MEMS microphone plus full duplex echo cancellation|
|Storage Case||Soft mesh storage case||No||No|| |
Ballistic nylon rechargeable case
Up to 10 more hours of added listening time
LED status charge level indicators blink every 10 seconds when earbuds are plugged in
* Available on models released after October, 2012
Top Customer Reviews
First things first: the sound
Sound quality is exceptional; maybe not top notch, but it is very sufficient. Trebles are consistently clear; the bass is good, but it's not too high if you're used to headphones by Bose or similar. If you like listening to music really loud, certain apps will do a better job than others; streaming from my Google Play Music library doesn't seem to provide a high enough max volume, even with the headphones turned all the way up, but using Pandora gives me no problems.
Next: Design and Connectivity
The headphones connect to your phone or other bluetooth device effortlessly. Hold the middle button down on the attached control for about 3 seconds, and your phone will find them. You'll hear a voice say "headset connected" when you're good to go. You can control the volume of your headset (not the same as your phone/music player's volume), answer calls, and play/pause/skip songs with the 3 buttons on the control. It comes with 3 different sizes of eartips to help you find the perfect seal to block out other sounds.
Now, here are my qualms with the design:
They are DURABLE, as was their intention with the flat cord design, but this forces the cord to be stiff. It holds form slightly, and it doesn't always rest comfortably behind my neck. This can cause a distraction if you're like me. I'll be messing with the cord and pulling it further down multiple times during a gym session so it doesn't feel uneven.
Then there are the EAR STABILIZERS, which are supposed to keep the headphones secure in your ear. Now, I've frequently had trouble with headphones fitting properly and staying sealed in my ears. I've twirled and rotated these ear stabilizers for a good while, and I do not feel that they help at all for me. Coupled with the stiff cord being pushed to one side whenever I turn my head, the earbuds come loose quite frequently. One solution for this is if they included a clip to help adjust the length of the cord behind your neck, but alas, they do not.
Everyone's ears are different, which makes headphone comfort so difficult to achieve. For their current price, the sound quality and durability is extremely well done, regardless of comfort. I've used them consistently for about 9 months now, and I can see no signs of physical wear or degradation of sound quality.
For comparison, I've owned Klipsch and Shure earbuds (though neither make a bluetooth set of earbuds), so I've owned some pretty top-end sets of buds. I also have the Bose QC15's, which are still the gold-standard for over-the-ear headphones.
Without further ado, when paired with my iPhone 6 and Pebble Smartwatch:
1. Range: Walked about 30-40 feet from my phone and didn't notice any disruption in signal. This is accounting for multiple plaster walls within my apartment.
2. Call quality: My voice was clear and the reception was good. Siri works well, haven't had too many misunderstood requests/odd translations.
3. Sound quality: Pretty amazing, though I wouldn't purchase these expecting fantastic bass feedback. With this being said, it is best for mid's, not as much for highs/lows. If you're listening to podcasts or radio (like me), it is better than I expected.
4. Battery life: Not sure, haven't done the full charge yet, so I will update this when I can.
5. Comfort: You really need to toggle with the clear rubber piece for a better fit. I'm not sure if I'm lucky and my ears are compatible with the pieces, but I just took my dog for a 1.5 mile brisk walk and did not have to adjust it once. The flat-cable design is pretty convenient, though I personally choose to wind it neatly rather than crumple it up in a ball.
6. Noise isolation: This can block out most normal-voice conversations. I haven't tested it at a coffee shop quite yet.
7. Weight: These weigh nothing. If you're not paying attention, you could drop them and not even notice. I don't think there is an issue, though it is true that the presence of the mic does shift the entire unit more to the right shoulder than the left. This doesn't really present any huge problems, personally.
The reason why I haven't given it 5 stars YET...
i. Durability- I will update this at 1 - 1.5 years, because this is how long I believe they should last given the price range.
ii. Battery life- As mentioned, haven't used the charging pouch yet. If it is true that you can achieve 2 full charges on a single battery pack charges, then I will be very pleased.