Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
Plantronics DSP-400 Digitally-Enhanced USB Foldable Stereo Headset and Software
|Price:||$54.44 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Digitally enhanced noise-canceling microphone
- Digital signal processor delivers the full spectrum of the human voice
- Foldable for easy storage and transport
- QuickAdjust microphone boom
- USB interface; 1-year warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Works perfectly with skype--great sound quality both in and out.
2. Hardware controls (volume, mute) work perfectly with Mac
3. No software necessary for Mac
4. Neat folding design
5. Comfortable even for long conversations.
6. Great value (paid less on Amazon then they typically go on eBay)
Cons (relatively minor for me):
1. Even after folding, kinda bulky if you will be traveling with them a lot.
2.Wish the wires werent so long--too long for the average user--perhaps making them prone to damage?
3. Plantronics used to include a nice case, BUT NO CASE INCLUDED ANYMORE (at least as sold on Amazon)
4. One minor glitch (?) with Mac is that the headphones revert to "mute" whenever first plugged in or computer is restarted.
All in all, the best wired headset available for the Mac and skype.
My bigest complaint is the exteremly long cable and large box that hangs off of it. This is an issue for me because I use a laptop and this headset travels with me all over town everyday. Unfortunately all USB headsets have some time of box hanging off of them. The benefits of a USB headset for me outweight his problem, and I'm happy to lug it around, but still wish it wasn't required.
I have used this headset for playback of music and while the quality isn't great, I don't believe that is this headset primary purpose and for the price I think it performs acceptably. Overall I would recomend this headset, especially for VoIP like uses.
Voice recognition is not the perfect (or even improved) solution to every writing need - however, coupled with a GOOD headset/microphone combination, it is well worth having and using for many usual Word and emailing functions
No, the DSP-400 is not a noise cancelling headset, but the mic does a very good job of weeding out reasonable ammounts of background noise. And as for it being heavy, I did not notice any unreasonable heaviness.
Yes, the cord is a bit long, but I would rather have it a tad long than short.
The DSP-400's generously long connection cable gives me tether enough to rummage around my office without having the comfortably light-weight headset get jerked off my ears. And the remote volume control with the red LED would just make the coolest tie clip... if I ever wore a tie.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have worn out several of these headsets over quite a few years, most often with a speech to text program and with narrations for videos. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Winfried Corduan
The sound quality is fine on these, but the ergonomics are bad- after a few weeks I just gave up on them and bought a set of Logitech H800 wireless headphones, which I really like. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Ronald I. Miller
Great audio quality and everyone who I've talked to via PC/Skype has stated they can hear me very well and the noise cancelling mic does very well. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Sherry Parker
Great quality and functionality. I deducted one star because the volume button is a little heavy and it has no clothing clip or anything to keep it from dangling from the headset... Read morePublished 14 months ago by R. Carroll
Loved these so much that I gave them to my husband as he is the techno man in the family. I might have to get a pair for my own, lolPublished 20 months ago by Strhuntrss
I needed a solid headset to use with dictation software, and this one definitely did the trick. I couldn't spend a ton of money, but I had tried other options that just didn't cut... Read morePublished on July 29, 2014 by GBC Gal