Plantronics Explorer 330 Bluetooth Headset
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Affordable Bluetooth headset in Silver with classic, comfortable earloop that fits over either ear
- Convenient, easy-to-use control for volume, call answer/end, last number redial and voice-activated dialing
- QuickPair technology lets you easily pair your headset with your Bluetooth cell phone
- Talk all day with up to 8 hours of continuous talk time with a rechargeable battery
- Freedom to roam up to 10 meters from your Bluetooth device
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enjoy affordable, easy-to-use wireless freedom for Bluetooth® phones with the Plantronics Explorer 330 headset. It's comfortable enough to wear all day, with a sleek, lightweight design that fits your style. Explorer 330 is simple to use with one-touch button controls, and weighs only 2/3 of an ounce! It has the longest talk time on the market without recharging, so keeping in touch with friends and family is comfortable and convenient.
Light on the ear (as well as on the wallet), the Plantronics Explorer 330 Bluetooth headset provides easy connectivity and effortless call control for a true handsfree experience. The easy-to-use Explorer 330 offers effortless call control--including control of volume, answer/end call, last-number redial, and voice-activated dialing--via a single button for a true hands-free experience. It also offers an omnidirectional microphone that will easily pick up your voice and up to 8 hours of talk time on a single charge.
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours
- Standby time: Up to 240 hours
- Weight: 0.6 ounces (17 grams)
- Headset controls: One-touch volume, call answer/end, last number redial, voice-activated dialing
- Bluetooth technology: Version 2.0
- Bluetooth profile compatibility: Connects with all Bluetooth-enabled devices supporting headset and hands-free profiles
QuickPair Pairing Instructions
Headsets with QuickPair are automatically in pairing mode when powered on until paired with the first device.
- Step 1: Start with headset powered OFF. Hold down headset Call Control button for four seconds--release when Indicator Light flashes red and blue. Headset is now discoverable. Headset will remain discoverable until it is paired with its first device.
- Step 2: Use your device's menu to enter its pairing mode and select 220Plantronics on the display. 0000 is the pairing passkey.
- Subsequent Pairings: To manually place headset in Pairing Mode, begin with the headset turned off, then press the call control button for 8-10 seconds until the headset indicator light flashes red and blue. The headset is now in pairing mode for the next 60 seconds. To pair with a phone, repeat Step 2.
- Reconnection for Previously Paired Devices: If the Bluetooth phone and your Plantronics Bluetooth headset have been out of range for an extended amount of time or if the headset and/or phone were turned off and do not automatically reconnect, simply do a short press of the call control button and the devices will reconnect.
What's in the Box
Headset, AC charger, printed operating instructions
Top customer reviews
Here's a brief comparison between the two with my 5 point ratings:
STYLE & DESIGN
I greatly prefer the 330's single side button that makes it very easy adjust the volume. On the 510, I found the volume and power buttons behind the ear difficult to reach and easy to confuse - probably my biggest complaint with the 510.
I prefer the look and size of the 330. It's more modern and discreet. However, it's not a fashion accessory and everyone looks like a dork with a flashing blue light next to their ear with any BT headset. I wish people would realize this and take these things off in public (especially in restaurants). I only use mine in the car or when at the computer so this is the least important criteria for me.
The 510 is the clear winner here for both me and my wife. Everyone's ear is different and I find the 330 less uncomfortable than my wife did. A few may find the 330 fits them better than the 510, but the 510 includes 3 ear pieces to provide a custom fit.
This is the best reason to get the 510. I've used worse headsets than the 330, but none better than the 510. With the 330, I get static if the phone is on the other side of body from the headset. The 330's claimed 30' range - maybe at high altitude with no obstructions, no other radio interference with no solar flares and a full moon - real world, more like 10' with no obstructions.
Noise canceling is far superior on the 510. People would never guess I was using a headset - usually they couldn't even tell when I was in my car. The 330 is about useless in a windy environment and picks up a lot of background noise.
Both headsets seem to have very good battery life and audio quality for listening. The 510 also has the advantage of being able to pair with 2 devices simultaneously but I've never tried this feature.
STYLE & DESIGN
330 - 4
510 - 2
330 - 3
510 - 5
330 - 3
510 - 5
FEATURES & PRICE
330 - 4 (probably better than most headsets < $30)
510 - 5 (more expensive but worth it for features and performance)
330 - 3
510 - 5
The comfort and performance of the 510 justify the extra $16.
The charge lasts upwards of a week and a half with daily use in the car and at home. Sometimes, I actually forget to charge it and am always amazed I get as much use out of it as I do. I highly suggest Plantronics products to ANYONE who is picky about their bluetooth and wants something that sounds great, stands up to use, and feels great to wear.
-simple to pair and operate
-if your phone allows it, this works with voice controls
-long battery use for hours of use
-Long last battery~ good for ~500 charges if cared for properly
-very comparable, or outperforms, most other bluetooth headsets for sound quality sound for both ends
-very secure and stable fit on your ear, one of the best around
-not waterproof at all (not advertised either, so not really a bad thing I guess)
-power plug is very unique and not the most reliable. Very easy to knock loose during charges
-average bluetooth range, this is the worst asset of this device, IMO.
-it takes a few days to get used to the ear bud & it's nub. This one takes a bit of getting used to!
Over the past several years, I've used and abused more headsets than I care to count, and spent a lot more than I wish to admit. I've had models from Sennheiser, Motorolla, Jawbone, Plantronics, BlueAnt, Nokia, and God knows where else. If you can get one that works, Jawbone and Sennheiser both offer outstanding devices, but they cost several times as much as the Plantronics 330. But, that is an "if." My brother and I have abused our bluetooths constantly for many years now as professional truck drivers~ using these while driving, loading and offloading, throwing iron, pretripping our rigs, and just being vruel to them. Plantronics is now the only brand of single eared bluetooths either of us consider purchasing any more. Primarily this model, or the 220. The first pair of these that we bought lasted well over a year or heavy use. It is nothing for us to be on the phone for anywhere from 4 to 14 hours on any given day, and these headsets keep up with us. The noise suppression is on par with every other headset I've used. Unfortunately, the noise suppression isn't the most consistent. Some days, I can hear every little squeak in my brother's truck from 3000 miles away. Other days, the noise suppression works so well that the only noise I hear is the person on the other end & vice versa.
For the majority of people, this is the only headset I would honestly recommend them. The only exceptions are for those looking for either a stero headset, an over the head model, of a model with the battery behind your ear for even longer battery life.
Most recent customer reviews
Step 1: Start with headset powered OFF. Hold down headset Call Control button for four seconds--release when Indicator Light flashes red and...Read more