Plantronics Voyager 5200 - Bluetooth Headset
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Cutting Edge Noise Cancelling: Features four microphones and a proprietary DSP that work together to cancel disruptive background noise like traffic or crowds.
- Exclusive WindSmart® Technology: Six layers of our unique WindSmart® technology detect wind direction and respond accordingly so your voice comes through clearly –especially outdoors.
- HD Voice Clarity: Supports HD Voice over wideband networks and devices to enhance speech quality, so your caller clearly hears and understands you.
- All Day Comfort: Rigorously tested for stability and comfort on a wide range of ear shapes, so it feels as comfortable on your last call of the day as it did on the first.
- Talk Time: Up to 7 hours of non-stop talk from a single charge and up to 9 days in standby mode.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
We believe that people come first and that technology must be simple, intuitive, and personalized.
As one of the industry leaders, we look beyond just building the best headsets. Through the insightful application of the latest technology, we create innovative audio solutions that help solve the problems that prevent people from getting their most important tasks done.
Reliable Call Clarity, Indoors and Out
Focus On What You’re Saying—Not Where You’re Saying It
From bustling city streets to the corner café, some of life’s most important calls happen in the most unexpected places. Our cutting edge noise cancelling and WindSmart technology work together to eliminate disruptive background noise, wherever you are. Your voice sounds clear and professional as you seamlessly transition between environments, inside or out. Now anywhere is a great place to talk.
- Eliminate background noise like wind with six layers of exclusive WindSmart technology.
- Cancel disruptive sounds like traffic or chatter with four-mic noise cancelling.
- Rigourously tested for all-day stability and comfort.
- Roam farther with extended Bluetooth range up to 98 feet/30 meters.
Smart, Helpful Sensors
Designed for non-stop days, every detail simplifies mobile communications; from caller ID to voice control to smart audio routing. Voyager 5200 automatically detects whether or not it’s being worn, directing call audio where you expect to hear it.
Made for the Real World
Four microphones work together with exclusive Windsmart technology to eliminate disruptive noise and outsmart the wind. The P2i nano-coating protects it from humidity, sweat, and water splashes (IPX4). Now you can turn anyplace into a perfect workplace.
Portable Power Option
Recharge on the go with the Voyager 5200 charging case and docking stand (sold separately) and get up to 14 extra hours of power (that's two full back-up charges).
Plantronics Hub for iOS and Android helps you locate your lost headset, change languages, wirelessly update firmware, or personalize settings and alerts.
Compare to similar items
This item Plantronics Voyager 5200 - Bluetooth Headset
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Lightning Online||Amazon.com||E ZEE ELECTRONICS||Homegoods Shop||Mobile XpertZ||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in||0.42 x 4 x 2.5 in||2.28 x 5.51 x 3.66 in||4.5 x 6.25 x 2.5 in||2.5 x 4.3 x 0.9 in||4.5 x 6 x 2.3 in|
|Item Weight||1 ounces||0.69 ounces||0.71 ounces||0.52 lb||0.6 lb||0.5 lb|
Plantronics Voyager 5200 - Bluetooth Headset
Top customer reviews
- The previous model is slightly more comfortable.
- But -on the other hand- this has micro USB charging (vs the previous that needed a special charger). So IMHO this is a plus. One charger less :)
- The Bluetooth range isn't as advertised. (It's not 98 ft.) Sorry plantronics, the description is misleading on this. (See below for more details).
Don't get me wrong, this is a solid performer. And kudos to Plantronics for making the best Bluetooth on the market today! (it's now early 2017).
Sound quality, is good, actualy great, but again, as is the previous model. Which is half the price.
[its worth mentioning that this isn't designed for listening Music, it's for making calls only)]
So bottom line, for the price ($119) it's simply not worth it, as it isn't a significant improvement over the last model. Unless your pocket won't feel any difference, and you really need micro USB charging, and you are not worried about the slightly decrease in comfort. Also, the foam ear tips are missing in this package. (But you can buy them here on amazon for about 5 bucks).
The noice cancelation and windsmart tech is awesome. It's slightly better than the previous model, because they added another mic. But again, the legend is already good enough, and frankly, I don't see a big difference. YMMV.
So my personal advice, Just skip this and buy the Voyager Legend, which continues to be the best in class.
+Great sound quality
+Noice canceling tech (the best out there!)
+Good battery life
+Micro USB charging
-I experienced a few disconnections.
Official response from plantronics:
Regarding the operating range, the Voyager 5200 is a Class 1 Bluetooth device, but to get the full benefit of the extended range, your phone needs to also be a Class 1 Bluetooth device. If your phone isn’t a Class 1 Bluetooth device, then your maximum range will be closer to the standard 10m/33ft Bluetooth range.
Hope the 10 minutes I spent writing this review is now helping you making your buying decision.
1) Battery life is much worse. With the exact same type of usage, I would say that you get a little more than half of the previous model, which is very disappointing.
2) Connectivity - I had zero issues with the older version, but for some reason the new version when used in my truck will activate the voice control on my radio and will at times keep the voice control on indefinitely, I let it go several times and it didn't complete the search action until I turned the headset off. It is kind of hard to explain, but imagine Google or Siri voice search just spinning and never accepting your input? that's what it's done several times, as soon as it connects.
3) The overall max volume of the headset is quite a bit lower.
4) NOTE: I haven't ever turned on the "high quality" setting-that claims to use more battery life! I can't imagine if it was worse.
5) The battery never charges up past 6 hours, last one would charge to seven - and this one will only last about 3 -4 hours before it needs a recharge.
Most recent customer reviews
3 Year Asurion Personal Care Extended...Plan
well the ear peace don't work and can't seem to file a claim keeps going around in circles...Read more