Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 547 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 586 reviews
on January 14, 2016
Scary disappointed at first, but it's growing on me. Got this for a decoration for my sons birthday party. I'd be happier if I got it from the dollar store, but it's still a fun map. It's paper thin, but the material won't wrip. My kids were very excited to get it!
review image review image review image review image
on November 22, 2014
The material is weird and it was a little thinner than I thought it would be. But it looks pretty cool. We laid books on it for a few days to flatten it out and framed it for my son's pirate themed room. It was worth the $3.
on April 26, 2016
Nice quality pretend treasure map. The map cannot be torn by my overly excitable 4 year old who is very rough on things. We have used it as a map, as a place mat, as a scarf, as a doll dress, as a magic carpet for the dolls, the dog even took off with it a few times & it still has no holes?!!?? Great little map, can be used for a multitude of imaginary games.
on September 4, 2017
This is good for any pirate themed parties. It is made from durable plastic that should last quite some time. The front is a slick plastic, the back appears to be some sort of fabric reinforcement. It certainly won't ever be mistaken for an old parchment map (with a little effort and youtube/pintrest you can probably create a more authentic looking one) but it is far more durable than a paper map. It's also the correct size to be used as a placemat if you wanted to do that. It comes "rolled" up with a cheap fabric tie. Mine was less rolled than folded, which resulted in crease lines on the map.

Pros:
More durable than paper
Cheap
Decent looking
Great for parties

Cons:
Not authentic looking
Mine was folded instead of rolled, leading to crease lines
on October 19, 2014
we got this because our son loves pirates. he really likes the fact that he can have his own treasure map. for the cost, this was a great little addition to his pirate toys and costume.

the one thing that i will point out is that the quality is that of a party accessory and not of a toy. the map is a vinyl type material over a thin cloth backing. the best i could compare it to is the cheap placemats we used to have growing up. it comes rolled up and we try to keep it rolled up when he's playing with it, because we're pretty sure that it would rip or tear pretty easily.

for a party accessory, this is fantastic, but not so much for a toy. who knows, if you're doing a pirate party or something, you could always use these as placemats.
on March 27, 2016
Was not plastic. Only paper and bad illustration job. Wouldn't make a good party favor, not worth returning or improving on. Surprised was even made. Better version would have been a big seller, and sold for years...
on August 1, 2017
This was a complete impulse buy for me. I didn't read the reviews and barely even looked at the description so when it showed up, I was surprised to find it was more than just a paper map. The material is actually very durable and the map adds to the fun like I expected it too. It is only one sided, the back shows the material and is a white-ish color, but all the information you need to find the treasure is on the front so we don't mind. I haven't quite figured out how to read it yet, but somehow my daughter can look at it and identify various landmarks around my house and yard. Maybe if I close one eye and talk like a pirate...
on November 22, 2016
Purchased for my 4 year old. HE LOVES IT!!! It comes rolled up... so my only issue was that the folds remained & IT DOES NOT LAY FLAT. I was hoping to use it as a place mat, as well as for play. Nope. It's made of a THIN plastic material, but it's DURABLE enough that it DOES NOT TEAR EASILY. Overall, it serves the purpose of my purchase... a COOL durable treasure map for my son.
on July 1, 2017
My kids love this toy treasure map! The least amount of money I've spent for a toy they've spent hours using. They pretend they're pirates and explorers. The plastic almost has the feel of heavy paper, but has held up for over a year now. My kids think it's real.
on September 5, 2017
I chose not to open the map because it is a gift, but the map appears to be as advertised. It has a nice soft brown color which gives the look of dated paper which is appropriate for a treasure/pirate map if I had to guess. The map has a nice length as well. I added a picture of the rolled up map in my hand.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.