- Series: Agora Editions
- Paperback: 232 pages
- Publisher: Cornell University Press; Reprint edition (February 14, 1989)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 080149561X
- ISBN-13: 978-0801495618
- Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 0.6 x 8.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,218,995 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Plato's Dialogue on Friendship: An Interpretation of the "Lysis', with a New Translation (Agora Editions) Reprint Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I like this translation, it is clear and it is honest about how it translates the very key term philia--but this is the same man that said that Aristotle had something up his sleeve when he wrote the physics and somehow argued that Aristotle is trying to dupe his students/readers. Not a very credible interpretation, but a fine translation.