- Hardcover: 224 pages
- Publisher: Chronicle Books (March 20, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1452164150
- ISBN-13: 978-1452164151
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 1 x 10.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 31 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #806 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.75 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Platters and Boards: Beautiful, Casual Spreads for Every Occasion Hardcover – March 20, 2018
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
Whole Grain Lager Mustard
Makes 2 cups
This tangy and spicy mustard pairs nicely with sweet fruit and savory cheeses. Keep the mustard spicy as is or add more honey at the end to sweeten it up to your liking. Don’t skip soaking the seeds overnight in the vinegar mixture, as it helps mellow them out. Yellow mustard seeds are milder than brown, so feel free to use all yellow if you want a milder result or more brown to make it even spicier.
Combine yellow and brown mustard seeds, the cider vinegar, beer, and brown sugar in a small bowl or medium glass jar. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Transfer to a food processor and process until almost smooth, about 30 seconds.
Add the honey and process for another 15 seconds. Taste and season with more honey or salt, if needed.
Serve right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- 1/2 cup [100 g] yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup [50 g] brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup [120 ml] apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup [120 ml] pale ale beer
- 1 Tbsp lightly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup [110 g] honey + more as needed
About the Author
Shelly Westerhausen is the author of Vegetarian Heartland and the founder of the blog Vegetarian Ventures. She lives in Bloomington, Indiana, with her boyfriend, Wyatt.
Wyatt Worcel is a musician and a contributor to Vegetarian Ventures.