Platypus Platy 2L Bottle One Color, 0.5L/Push-Pull
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Volume: (1L) 1 L, (2L) 2 L
- Claimed Weight: (1L) 0.8 oz, (2L) 1 oz
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The Platypus Platy Bottle is a portable fluid container that's perfect for backpacking or travel. Platypus shaped the Platy Bottle to fit comfortably in your hand making it easy to drink on the go. The Platy Bottle is significantly lighter in weight than conventional hard plastic bottles, making it an ideal choice for serious backpackers. Add a Platypus Taste-Free Drink Tube to the Platy Bottle and you have a hands-free hydration system.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Yes, everyone knows you need water and that the further you travel from home, the more questionable sources can be. I use the Platypus gravity works hydration system with a Sawyer filter mod and it's performance to capacity to weight ratio is VERY hard to beat.
I carry this on day hikes and to keep in camp. I also carry it with my when I fly because it's light, durable and small when needed.
Traditional water battles can be heavyish, but even those that aren't have a personality trait that I tend to find annoying - size retention. They are the same size and shape when full or empty. This usually isn't a big deal, but if space is a priority, this is a handy bottle.
When it's full, the bottom fills out and the rim of the bag forms a cone for the bag to stand upright. When it's empty, it lies flat and can be folded/rolled up to about 1/6th the size for easy storage. It gets out of the way when it's not needed. I usually do this right before I go through TSA security, etc. Very handy. In addition, because it's shape is moldable because it's a bag, this bottle fits better in different places than, say, a traditional Nalgene bottle. I have a sling bag that I carry a small camera and a few lenses in when I travel and a traditional bottle doesn't fit well in the front exterior pocket without putting a lot of pressure on my internal gear. Not a problem with this bottle as the sizes aren't rigid. Think of it like a waterbed, if it's not filled to the brim, the water can be displaced where needed. Super cool.
The holder/carry ring is reinforced and is smooth and laceration-free. Some cheaper rings can have rough mold points that can cause irritations. Not here. You can carabiner it to your pack if you wish, but the sloshing and jostling from your movement will likely drive you nuts, so it's best to think of it as a single-finger carry loop or a place to hang it while in camp, etc.
They offer these in a screw lid and a sports top style lid. I prefer the former. The later is like a dishwashing liquid lid - you pull it up and it squirts, clamp it down and it stops. That version also has a snap on cap that keeps crud from getting of the valve which you'll likely put your mouth on. That cap is too easy to lose and for me, the valve doesn't give you a high volume of output. The simple screw-on cap works best. The cap SCREWS on and the wider mouth allows for more water faster. It's also one less finicky part to clean.
Bonus: fill it with hot water in camp and toss it into your sleeping bag as a hot water bottle bag warming option, or stick it in your clothes to do the same.
If you are on the go and you're looking for something that's light, moldable, durable, and gets out of the way when needed, this is the best bottle I've used. The only cons I've encountered are:
1. As you get really low on water/liquid, the bag can have a hard time standing on it's own
2. The clear plastic has a tendency to turn yellowish over time - esp. in dusty environments like the western US and Africa. It never really washes out.
3. Not as easy to clean out as Nalgene due to the small opening
4. Can be punctured easier than a hard plastic bottle - keep it away from open flames and knives and you're fine.
That's about it. It's a solid product and they make smaller volumes that are in colored plastic which might hold up to discoloration better. However, they are sharper on the welded seams and not as easy to hold in my view.
For the money, this is a great investment and it's at the top of my list for recommended bottles to travel with internationally.
Platypus is aces in my book. I go through about one a year, but that's with lots of heavy use. They've never failed me once. I just get a new one after a while because I want to.
- Platypus GravityWorks 2.0L Reservoir "Dirty" (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AZVMS72/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_33)
- Platypus GravityWorks Hose Kit (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00453ULP2/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_32)
- Platypus GravityWorks Filter Cartridge (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00453ULCA/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_35)
- Platypus Plus Bottle 1L (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002EQDP96/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_43)
- Platypus Drinking Tube Kit (https://www.amazon.com/Platypus-07045-Drinking-Tube-Kit/dp/B000J2H8OA/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1466879474&sr=1-2&keywords=platypus+drink+tube)
The Plus Bottles took abuse, and were fantastic due to:
- having a loop for a carabiner or hook to hang
- water wouldn't 'glug' out of the bottle as with a rigid plastic bottle when it needs to fill with air, as this didn't need to refill with air
- it took up only as much room in a bag as you had fluid in it, as you could compress the air out of it
The down side to the system:
- the bottles are difficult to clean, especially in third world countries where you can't find the typical items to clean them and due to it having a small opening
- the bottles are showing sign of destruction (after much abuse) where the bag is adhered to the opening
I would absolutely purchase this system and all parts again for lightweight traveling - it was perfect and saved money when we didn't have to purchase bottled water.
Most recent customer reviews
These bags unlike other platypus or other brand water bags use a more siliconized material which i feel makes...Read more