CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Play-Doh Mega Fun Factory
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- You can store up to 6 cans of Play-Doh modeling compound right in the set so they're all ready for the next time you turn it on
- Colorful multi-pack of Play-Doh modeling compound
- Super-fun moving conveyer belt set lets you stamp out tons of Play-Doh modeling compound pretend toys
- Set can store up to six cans of Play-Doh modeling compound
- Conveyor belt set comes with two gears with 15+ molds, playmat and four three-ounce cans of Play-Doh modeling compound
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Super-fun moving conveyer belt set lets you stamp out tons of PLAY-DOH modeling compound pretend toys and treats so the fun and creativity just keeps going! Set can store up to six cans of PLAY-DOH modeling compound. MEGA FUN FACTORY conveyor belt set comes with two gears with 15+ molds, playmat and four three-ounce cans of PLAY-DOH modeling compound.
- Requires 2 “C” batteries (not included)
- Recommended Ages: 3 years & up
The conveyor belt lets children stamp out fun shapes. View larger.
The included mat is fun and colorful, giving kids somewhere to place their creations. View larger.
At the heart of this factory is its moving conveyor belt. Kids will enjoy creating Play-Doh candies and toys on the line using the two stamper wheels in this set: one for toys, one for candies. The raised images range from Mr. Potato Head to candy corns and even include a mold for a can of Play-Doh.
Kids can start the Fun Factory conveyor belt with a push of a button. The belt moves at a slow pace that's ideal for kids. A smooth, rectangular piece of Play-Doh is pushed out onto the moving conveyor belt towards the stamper wheel, and when the stamper is pushed down, the conveyor belt stops. Kids can then stamp fun toy and candy shapes, which can be cut into neat square or rectangular pieces with the final chopper.
Play-Doh Mat and Little Helper
The Mega Fun Factory comes with a colorful play mat depicting toys and candy rolling off a factory conveyor belt. Blanks are left on the play mat for children to place their own Play-Doh toy and candy creations.
Children can also make a little Play-Doh companion to help run the Fun Factory by using the mold at the top of the extruder. This mold creates a cute little gnome to oversee your child's toy and candy production.
Innovative Toy Gives Kids Creative Hands-On Lessons
The Mega Fun Factory takes kids' Play-Doh creations to another level, giving them a cool, innovative tool to spur their creativity. With its all-plastic construction, bold colors, and snap-together pieces, the Mega Fun Factory is durably built and easy to use. It's intuitively designed so kids can start playing with it practically out of the box.
While it is easy to start playing with, our tester found it takes a bit of experimentation to perfect the stamping technique. Mastering the shape stamping and Play-Doh cutting, especially when the conveyor belt is running, can be a bit of a challenge for young children. But this challenge is definitely a plus: it offers valuable, hands-on lessons that develop motor, anticipation, and planning skills that are important for preschool children.
What's in the Box
Play-Doh Mega Fun Factory, two stamper wheels, six 2-ounce cans of Play-Doh, play mat, and instructions.
Top Customer Reviews
- Lets kids learn about the process of making things in a "factory" line
- Fun, bright colors: comes with 6 small cans of play-dough
- Moving conveyor belt adds some interest
- Very hard to clean out all of the excess play-dough that is left in the toy after use
- The "stamper wheel" shape selector is designed in such a way that the child can't see what shape he's trying to select on the wheel. The picture gets covered up by the plastic wheel holder, so they not only can't see what shape is selected, but it's hard to tell if it's even lined up properly to stamp correctly on the assembly line.
- This toy came with the most ridiculous "security" packaging I have EVER seen on any toy. It took about 20 minutes to unpack and get it ready for play (cut ties, install batteries, etc).
- Once the initial new excitement and learning process wears off, this toy seems to move in slow motion. The conveyor belt should have adjustable speeds for when the child gets proficient at the process.
I wouldn't buy this toy again. My child was bored with it after 1 week. I think the concept is cool, but the execution is disappointing.
What I underestimated, though, was how much fun Play-Doh is, in itself. My boys (almost 3 and almost 5) have not had much exposure to Play-Doh before, and so the first time I got this out, they played with it continuously for three hours. That's right - THREE HOURS. I was playing with them, and I was bored with it in about 15 minutes - hence the review title - look at it with a child's eyes - they see it as more fun than an adult does!
One problem with anything Play-Doh is the color - two minutes with multiple tubs open, and you'll never have a pure color again. Oh well. The colors in this set are bright and appealing, or they were for a while before getting hopelessly blended. This set also comes with a mat, something to put down to keep your table clean, but it tore very easily.
I'll let my boys use this on the deck, so Play-Doh doesn't get ground into the carpet. They are enjoying it - which is, after all, more important than what I think.
It was really easy to put together, though not so easy to get out of the box! I would definitely recommend parents putting it together first, then giving it to your children, as you'll probably spend a good 20 minutes just getting it out.
It's fairly sturdy, though an overzealous 3 year old is probably going to make a really big mess. The mechanisms are basic (small stamps press into the Play-doh and make a shape), but I did find that some of the Doh gets stuck up in the mechanics and I can see it being hard to clean.
The older children loved playing with it and found it easy to use and were off making things by themselves in just a few minutes. The conveyor belt moves via battery, which is really cool and simple to execute. The younger ones (3 and 4) were a bit perplexed and did need some help.
Overall, I really liked the toy and think it would make a great gift for the 5-7 year old set. My one major "con" is in the size of the Play-doh containers. The toy actually holds 6 containers, but they are very small and the Play-Doh doesn't go very far at all. I would highly recommend having some additional larger containers on hand.
(1) First, let me say that this is a HUGE toy when compared to other Play-Doh toys...it is about 23" long when fully assembled (there are only 3 pieces to put together, 5 if you include the 2 gears that stamp out shapes, but they go on top)...so a big table, or floor area is needed. I list this under pros because kids usually see a toy as the bigger the better...plus it does have lot of stuff to do in those 23 inches.
(2) It can store 6 containers of Play-Doh so you don't have to go searching for it when the kids want to break this bad-boy out and play with it...a huge convenience
(3) When the battery-operated conveyor belt is on and running, you can barely hear it...usually toys like this have cheapy motors in them that sound like a helicopter is landing in the room...but this is rather quiet...I like!
(1) I was not impressed that the playmat that comes with it is paper, the super shiny kind that gives deep painful paper cuts (I mention this because I got one just simply unfolding it to lay it out on the table)...so I threw it away. The other Play-Doh kits we have that had a playmat were made out of a thin vinyl material...so I don't know why this one is paper?
(2) This jumbo machine takes 2 C batteries. Others have complained saying "who uses C batteries now days"...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Am I reading the price right??? I can take my family out to dinner or pay 3 bills with the price of this toy! Come on guys the price is crazy!Published 8 months ago by johanna tobia
178$ about good item...it didn't work at all and its very bad it used too much . i paid 100$ to fix it.Published 9 months ago by Hana Rustom
The handle that pushes the dough pops off every time my son uses it. I think it's defective however it does not stop him from playing with it. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Mamamia
The toy is cute and my grandson loves it, except that several of the play doh canisters were already hardened, and were unusable. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Phyllis L.
Was a great toy but arrived with all the Play doh dried up but we were refundedPublished 18 months ago by Alecia Replogle
Purchased the Playdoh Mega Fun Factory for a Christmas Gift. When it was opened...the packaging looked like it was sitting on a shelf for years and the canisters of playdoh that... Read morePublished 19 months ago by Amazon Customer
My grandson uses them sporadically but your delivery service was excellent!Published 19 months ago by Douglas F. Tracia