Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 18, 2011
Diner dash is what I like to call a "click click" game. It's a repetitive, time management based game that offers slowly increasing challenges as you move through the levels and open new restaurants. Sequels have improved on this concept in relation to Diner Dash substantially, and can color your opinion of the original quite a great deal. That having been said, this isn't a terrible game. It isn't too hard, nor is it overly simplistic. It offers a very cut and dry story and progression without any sudden changes to throw you for a loop.

This can be great if all you want is some mindless relaxation, it can become tedious and annoying if you're looking for something different. Holding this game back is the fact that there's very little progression, and when you couple that with the "Endless Shift" setting where you upgrade things like your podium, drinks, and have stereos - but you cannot have those options in the story mode - it doesn't improve your situation of really enjoying the game.

There is little replay value if you're looking for something new, the levels never change order so once you've "figured it out" you're never going to have an issue when you try it again.

The game is pretty steady, it isn't boring and it isn't great, it just is. If you do like it, try the sequels and they will impress you far more. If you were on the fence, the later games will push you over the edge in one direction or another.
2 people found this helpful
on May 3, 2011
I am the type that actually likes simplistic games like this. I am sure there are many other people like myself, considering there are other titles such Cake Mania, Burger Island, Cake Shop, and other time management type games. If you have tried these games and liked them, this is a comparable game to those. I think that this is one of my favorites when it comes down to it. As you know, you play a waitress that seats customers, takes orders, clears dishes, entertains waiting customers and so on. The object of the game is to make as many "chain" actions (actions that are the same) as you can to make more profit. At free, I would definitely tell people to buy it. At $6.95 or whatever it is, I would tell someone to try it out and see if they liked it. Nothing wrong with trying something out before buying. You might figure it isn't your type of game, but at least it was available for you to try out. I also want to comment that I have Windows Vista not XP and it worked fine for me. Thanks Amazon!
6 people found this helpful
on June 21, 2011
I play this actually as a break between big games. It is also good to play after work or anything. It's relaxing to make someone else rush around repetitivly. Good way to pass the time or unwind. also builds mental acuity, it does not cause carpel tunnel syndrome, the opposite, get a good mouse and a big screen. D.D you do things in sequence and it adds up as your diner gets upgraded. If you meet your goal, yuor job gets harder/more rewarding too. Get a coffe machine and keep your patrons from getting mad for being late with an order old people 1st, they tend to fuss alot more if waiting too long. inspectors need special treatment on top of that(that's as far as I got today)) but that is how it is played, much as real life, things pile up, you get new surprises each day. what for tomorrow? Desert?
on April 3, 2017
wouldnt download because my computer blocked it from doing so, saying it was dangerous to download because of malware and other things, so cant even play it, im not going to bother finishing download and i cant figure out where to go to get my money back on this, if i cant play it or its gonna harm my computer then i dont want it and i want my money back pronto!!
on June 1, 2012
I have had this game multiple times and received expert ratings on all the levels. It does get old after a while but I do find myself playing it after 6 months passes to kill time between work and school. Some of the levels are quite challenging especially toward the end of the game and the podium is very helpful. The game is a simple premise and has spawned several other games. The graphics are a bit dated but I find the original a bit more challenging than some of the others.
on March 8, 2014
Game never would download. Followed instructions to the letter (very simple) kept getting error messages. No help from Amazon or game client. I've never had issues in the past regarding downloads from Amazon, but I'll be d****ed if I ever will again!! BTW, love the game. We've played it before. I will just not purchase from here again.
One person found this helpful
on November 4, 2016
I have always loved this game, even as a kid so I figured why not purchase it! It's super fun and time-consuming, and pretty decently priced!
on December 19, 2017
One of my favorite Play First games!
|0Comment|Report abuse
Got this on the free-game-each-day special. It's a pretty good game to play now and then. Get's progressively harder as you get further into it; serving customers in your diner. Requires some patience, a little strategy and a lot of mouse clicking. Can be addictive. The Endless Shift option gives you the ability to choose from 3 difficulty levels (Easy,Medium, Hard). This in not a timed trial but a full version of the game. Nice to pick up when Amazon is offering it free which occurs periodically so watch for it.

I just want to address the problem that many people who aren't running Windows XP are having with the "black screen" and not being able to run the game. This game as well as a bunch of other Amazon game downloads requires a workaround if you want to play them on Vista 32 or 64 or Windows 7. It's simple and a one time fix.

All you have to is right click on the icon/game name to get to "Properties", then select "Compatibility" then check the box for "Run this program as Administrator". Be sure to click on "OK" to save setting so you don't have to do this EVERY time you start the game.
Note: I did not have to check "Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP(Service Pack 2)", but if it still isn't working for you try this too.
One person found this helpful
on August 3, 2017
ok
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.