+ $0.00 shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- PlayStation 3 160 GB and DualShock 3 wireless controller included
- Call of Duty: Black Ops included, follow-up to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Earn in-game COD Points that work like currency to purchase equipment, attachments, perks, and new customization options
- All new Killstreaks such as Napalm Strikes, the remote controlled explosive device (RC Car), and controllable helicopters
- Also includes Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike content pack 1 containing five diverse maps
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The PlayStation 3 system is the only gaming machine that delivers a complete high-definition entertainment system with a built-in Blu-ray player, large hard drive, Wi-Fi, and full range of multi-media capabilities. Now the PlayStation 3 Call of Duty Black Ops bundle brings you the Blu-ray game, First Strike Content Pack 1 and a 160GB PS3 system all for one low price. And for the ultimate gaming experience, play COD Black Ops in 3D. All PlayStation 3 systems are already equipped with everything you need to play stereoscopic 3D games.
The PlayStation 3 160 GB Call of Duty: Black Ops bundle provides the action and adventure, as well as the unique blend of entertainment, excitement and fun that PlayStation 3 is famous for. The bundle consists of a PS3 loaded with a hefty 160 GB hard drive, a DualShock 3 controller and a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops and the Call of Duty: Black Ops - First Strike content pack 1, which contains five diverse maps. Couple all this with the advanced audio-video features of the PlayStation 3, which now includes disc-free access to Netflix,¹ as well as a 3D gaming option,² and you have the perfect means to enjoy the world of modern digital entertainment.
What's Under the Hood
As with previous models, the PlayStation 3 160 GB system features an IBM "Cell" processor and a co-developed NVIDIA graphics processor that together allow the system to perform two trillion calculations per second. Yet the 160 GB system manages to improve on this with its 45nm version of the processor, which although running at the same 60+nm speed as previous PS3 versions, uses less energy. This makes the unit's smaller size and quieter fan possible. Along with the traditional AV and composite connections, the 160 GB system also boasts an HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) port, which delivers uncompressed, unconverted digital picture and sound to compatible high-definition TVs and projectors. (The system is capable of 128-bit pixel precision and 1080p resolution for a full HD experience) This console also provides for an extreme sound experience by supporting Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1, as well as Linear PCM 7.1. Finally, it features cross connectivity with your PC network and PlayStation Portable (PSP) and its pre-installed, 160 GB hard disc drive allows you to save games as well as download content from the Internet.
Blu-ray, PlayStation Network Downloads and Beyond
PlayStation 3 utilizes the Blu-ray disc media format, which gives you the best high-definition viewing experience on your television, by way of the format's ability to hold six times as much data as traditional DVDs. This tremendous capacity, combined with the awesome power of the system's processor and graphics card, promises an endless stream of mind-blowing games and other multimedia content. This doesn't mean though that the PS3 is limited to Blu-ray discs. It also supports CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R formats. In addition, PlayStation 3 system software includes BD Live support that allows you to play discs that support Blu-ray Disc Profile 2.0 (BD-LIVE), meaning you can also connect to the Internet while playing discs that support this format to obtain additional features. And of course PS3 owners also receive free access to the PlayStation Network (PSN), where through the PlayStation Store and PlayStation Home, they can download games, game demos, movies and other content, as well as chat with friends, play mini-games, compete in tournaments and explore dedicated game spaces.
A Sensational Controller
The DualShock 3 wireless controller included with the PlayStation 3 160 GB system provides an intuitive gameplay experience, with pressure sensors in each action button and the inclusion of the highly sensitive Sixaxis motion sensing technology. Each hit, crash and explosion is more realistic when the user feels the rumble right in the palm of their hand. The DualShock 3 can even detect natural movements for real-time and high precision interactive play, acting as a natural extension of the user's body. DualShock 3 utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless game play and the controller's detachable USB cable to seamlessly and automatically charge the controller when connected to the PlayStation 3. By integrating all of these features into the popular PlayStation controller design, the DualShock 3 further enhances the advanced gameplay experience only available on the PlayStation 3 system.
Disc-free Netflix Video Streaming
The PlayStation 3 160 GB system is fully compatible with Netflix Instant streaming video functionality.¹ Instant streaming video on the PS3 is now available without the need for an additional system disc from Netflix. The PS3 also supports some movies and TV shows in 1080p high definition with Dolby 5.1 channel surround sound.
Synch with Your Other Sony HDMI Devices
The PlayStation 3 160 GB system features HDMI + Bravia Synch functionality. Bravia Synch allows connectivity between Sony HDMI products, without having to utilize multiple remote controls. This means that with the push of one button users can control compliant Sony devices connected to your PS3 via HDMI cable.
- CPU / GPU - Cell Broadband Engine (Cell/B.E.) / RSX
- Sound - LPCM 7.1ch, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTs, DTS-HD, AAC
- Memory - 256 MB XDR Main RAM, 256 MB GDDR3 VRAM
- HDD - 160 GB 2.5" Serial ATA
- Networking - Ethernet (X1 (10BASE-T,100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)); IEEE 802.11 b/g; Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
- Controller - DualShock 3 wireless controller included
- AV Output - Resolution (1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i (for PAL 576p, 576i)); HDMI OUT + Bravia Synch (1); AV Multi out (1); Digital out optical (1)
- BD/DVD/CD Drive (Read Only) - BD 2x (BD-ROM); DVD 8x (DVD-ROM); CD 24x (CD-ROM)
- USB Ports - 2
- Backwards Compatibility (PS1 and PS2 games) - No
- Netflix Video Streaming¹ - Yes, disc-free; 1080p high definition with Dolby 5.1 channel surround sound supported
- 3D Gaming - Enjoy Stereoscopic 3D gaming and movies with your PS3 system, 3DTV and 3D compatible software
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops is a First-Person Shooter with stealth and tactical play aspect that puts players in the role of a shadow soldier fighting in a variety of historically representative fictional Black Ops missions of the Cold War era. Follow-up to 2009's blockbuster Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops breaks new ground in the Call of Duty series and the video game industry at large by delving into the not-so cold conflicts of the Cold War. Inspired by the experiences of real Black Ops soldiers of the era, the missions of Call of Duty: Black Ops take the player to a wide variety of settings, ranging from snowbound mountain strongholds in historical Soviet held territories, to the jungles and urban settings of Vietnam War era SE Asia. Throughout all, care has been taken to maintain the traditional essence of Call of Duty style combat, while also introducing new types of player action that add to the gameplay experience. Additional features include co-op, versus and team-based multiplayer options, new vehicles like the SR-71 Blackbird and lethal new weapons such as explosive-tipped crossbows.
Key Game Features
- Seventh installment of the Call of Duty series, based on the live fire conflicts of the Cold War era.
- New arsenal of weapons and vehicles tied to the Cold War era, including the SR-71 Blackbird and sited explosive-tipped crossbows.
- Earn in-game COD points that work like currency to purchase equipment, attachments, perks, and new customization options. This gives you the freedom to purchase what you want, when you want.
- All new killstreaks such as Napalm Strikes, the remote controlled explosive device (RC Car), and controllable helicopters.
- Put your COD points on the line with all-new Wager Matches. Compete for one of the top three spots in four custom game modes that test your nerves and weapon skills.
- Customize the look of your soldiers with a variety of face paints, gun camos, and equipment options.
- Use the brand new Theater Mode to show off your most epic kills. Edit and upload gameplay videos for the world to see what you're made of.
- For the ultimate gaming experience, play Call of Duty: Black Ops in 3D, with player-supplied 3D compatible TV, glasses.
Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Content Pack 1
Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike content pack 1 contains five incredibly diverse maps spanning the globe. These include four multiplayer maps and a new zombie experience. See all five detailed below:
- Berlin Wall - "Berlin Wall" enlists players across both sides of Cold War Berlin
- Discovery - "Discovery" features an abandoned German outpost set along the coast of Antarctica
- Kowloon - "Kowloon" pits players onto the tiered levels of high-rises and rooftops of Kowloon City, Hong Kong
- Stadium - "Stadium" delivers fast-paced, close-quarters combat within the backdrop of a sports complex
- Ascension - "Ascension" pits players against hoards of vicious, perk-stealing zombie monkeys, flesh-eating Soviet Zombies and more in a trap-filled, Cold War era cosmodrome
¹ Sufficient broadband Internet connection and Netflix Unlimited account required.
² 3D gameplay requires PS3 system software v3.30 or higher, as well as player-supplied HD 3D television with compatible 3D active glasses and highspeed HDMI cable.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The slim is very quiet upon powering on, but disc reading for COD: BO is loud. Demon's Souls didn't create the same amount of disc tray read and load noise as BO. Another new PS3 slim I purchased around the same time for my nephews also had the same loud disc reading noise effects when loading BO so it seems normal. Personally, I still prefer the original fat PS3 design quality over this new cheaper smaller look, but it doesn't matter when it comes to gaming purposes.
Black Ops LE comes with zombie modes unlocked from start, but 5 new maps are not on disc like new Borderlands: GotY edition versions. You get a one time use PSN voucher redeem code to use to download new maps, so you will need Internet access. Overall, very good bundle package for the same regular retail price of stand alone PS3 package.