We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
The Amazon Trade-In Program lets customers get an Amazon.com Gift Card in exchange for over a million eligible items including video games, consoles and accessories, books, electronics, DVDs, and CDs. It's easy and convenient with free shipping, an immediate offer, and no required registration or listing. Click the "Trade In" button on the right to get started or visit the Video Games Trade In Store to learn more.
About the product
- A copy of the PlayStation exclusive Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
- Slim, light PS3 system with a 160 GB HDD, Internet-ready built-in Wi-Fi, 2 USB ports and HDMI + Bravia Synch output for 1080p resolution and connectivity between other Sony HDMI products
- DualShock 3 wireless controller with detachable USB charge cable and AC power cord for console
- Free PlayStation Network membership and access to Netflix with Unlimited membership (sold separately)
- A copy of the PlayStation 3 exclusive SingStar Dance with 2 included wired SingStar microphones
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
PlayStation 3 Hardware with SingStar Dance, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
The PlayStation 3 160 GB Amazon-exclusive family bundle provides every member of the family with the unique blend of entertainment, excitement and fun that PlayStation 3 is famous for. The bundle consists of a PS3 loaded with a hefty 160 GB hard drive, a DualShock 3 controller, a copy of SingStar Dance, two wired SingStar microphones and a copy of Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. SingStar Dance Party Pack is a multiplayer karaoke / dance dynamo supporting up to eight players online and four locally.¹ Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time is a single player platform shooter starring the famous pair of heroes in an all-new adventure in which you play as both characters, taking advantage of a wealth of new features, weapons and time-based abilities. Couple this with the advanced audio-video features of the PlayStation 3, which now includes disc-free access to Netflix, and you have the perfect means to enjoy the world of modern digital entertainment.
What's Under the Hood
As with previous models, the PlayStation 3 160 GB system features an IBM "Cell" processor and a co-developed NVIDIA graphics processor that together allow the system to perform two trillion calculations per second. Yet the 160 GB system manages to improve on this with its 45nm version of the processor, which although running at the same 60+nm speed as previous PS3 versions, uses less energy. This makes the unit's smaller size and quieter fan possible. Along with the traditional AV and composite connections, the 160 GB system also boasts an HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) port, which delivers uncompressed, unconverted digital picture and sound to compatible high-definition TVs and projectors. (The system is capable of 128-bit pixel precision and 1080p resolution for a full HD experience) This console also provides for an extreme sound experience by supporting Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1, as well as Linear PCM 7.1. Finally, it features cross connectivity with your PC network and PlayStation Portable (PSP) and its pre-installed, 160 GB hard disc drive allows you to save games as well as download content from the Internet.
Blu-ray, PlayStation Network Downloads and Beyond
PlayStation 3 utilizes the Blu-ray disc media format, which gives you the best high-definition viewing experience on your television, by way of the format's ability to hold six times as much data as traditional DVDs. This tremendous capacity, combined with the awesome power of the system's processor and graphics card, promises an endless stream of mind-blowing games and other multimedia content. This doesn't mean though that the PS3 is limited to Blu-ray discs. It also supports CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R formats. In addition, PlayStation 3 system software includes BD Live support that allows you to play discs that support Blu-ray Disc Profile 2.0 (BD-LIVE), meaning you can also connect to the Internet while playing discs that support this format to obtain additional features. And of course PS3 owners also receive free access to the PlayStation Network (PSN), where through The PlayStation Store and PlayStation Home, they can download games, game demos, movies, and other content, as well as chat with friends, play mini-games, compete in tournaments and explore dedicated game spaces.
A Sensational Controller
The DualShock 3 wireless controller included with The PlayStation 3 160 GB system provides an intuitive gameplay experience, with pressure sensors in each action button and the inclusion of the highly sensitive Sixaxis motion sensing technology. Each hit, crash and explosion is more realistic when the user feels the rumble right in the palm of their hand. The DualShock 3 can even detect natural movements for real-time and high precision interactive play, acting as a natural extension of the user's body. DualShock 3 utilizes Bluetooth technology for wireless game play and the controller's detachable USB cable to seamlessly and automatically charge the controller when connected to the PlayStation 3. By integrating all of these features into the popular PlayStation controller design, the DualShock 3 further enhances the advanced gameplay experience only available on the PlayStation 3 system.
Disc-free Netflix Video Streaming
The PlayStation 3 160 GB system is fully compatible with Netflix Instant streaming video functionality.³ Instant streaming video on the PS3 is now available without the need for an additional system disc from Netflix. The PS3 also supports some movies and TV shows in 1080p high definition with Dolby 5.1 channel surround sound.
Synch with Your Other Sony HDMI Devices
The PlayStation 3 160 GB system features HDMI + Bravia Synch functionality. Bravia Synch allows connectivity between Sony HDMI products, without having to utilize multiple remote controls. This means that with the push of one button users can control compliant Sony devices connected to your PS3 via HDMI cable.
- CPU / GPU - Cell Broadband Engine (Cell/B.E.) / RSX
- Sound - LPCM 7.1ch, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTs, DTS-HD, AAC
- Memory - 256 MB XDR Main RAM, 256 MB GDDR3 VRAM
- HDD - 160 GB 2.5" Serial ATA
- Networking - Ethernet (X1 (10BASE-T,100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)); IEEE 802.11 b/g; Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
- Controller - DualShock 3 wireless controller included
- AV Output - Resolution (1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i (for PAL 576p, 576i)); HDMI OUT + Bravia Synch (1); AV Multi out (1); Digital out optical (1)
- BD/DVD/CD Drive (Read Only) - BD 2x (BD-ROM); DVD 8x (DVD-ROM); CD 24x (CD-ROM)
- USB Ports - 2
- Backwards Compatibility (PS1 and PS2 games) - No
- Netflix Video Streaming³ - Yes, disc-free; 1080p high definition with Dolby 5.1 channel surround sound supported
Get into the Groove with SingStar Dance
SingStar Dance for PlayStation 3 is a unique extension of the SingStar music gaming experience that adds dance gameplay to the familiar karaoke-like performance action that the franchise is famous for. Dance activities utilize Sony's PlayStation Move motion controller and PlayStation Eye camera combination to replicate precisely choreographed routines on-screen, while singing gameplay uses standard USB microphones compatible with the PS3. Additional features include 4-player multiplayer that includes multiple dancers, 50 audio/video tracks, additional downloadable tracks, the ability to upload performances to the SingStar online portal, and more.
- 30 of the best new hits and classic pop songs
- Sing and dance¹ alongside your favorite artists in their original music videos
- Includes 2 SingStar microphones²
- Supports up to four players with two PlayStation Move motion controllers and two microphones
- Challenge friends in online competitions and watch their performances streaming live on your TV
- Upload and share your personal SingStar Dance performances
- Download additional tracks and videos from the SingStore
Action Platforming Fun
Concluding the events set into motion by Tools of Destruction, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time at long last answers some of the franchise fans' largest questions. After discovering that Clank's disappearance was engineered by Dr. Nefarious, Ratchet races to rescue his best friend. Unfortunately, he discovers that Clank's capture is just the beginning of Nefarious's latest diabolical plot. In this follow-up to the best-selling series, players take on the role of both Ratchet and Clank as they attempt to reunite and save the universe. Along the way, both finally uncover the hidden truth behind their origins, and discover their ultimate destinies. As the duo come closer to reuniting, they'll have to ask themselves the biggest question of all: Do Ratchet and Clank's destinies lie with each other? Or is it finally time for the universe's greatest duo to separate for good?
- An original new single player adventure and story that answers many of fans’ most-asked questions and wraps up the story arc that started in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty
- Nonlinear levels with plenty of hidden areas to explore, and new gadgets like the Hoverboots that let Ratchet soar to new heights
- All-new Clank gameplay and special "Time" abilities that bring new meaning to "past selves"
- The series' renowned arsenal gets even larger with brand new weapons, as well as weapons that players can customize with various modifications
- New space gameplay that gives players the opportunity to engage in space battles, explore the surrounding star system, and discover hidden items and collectibles
¹ Dance functionality requires PlayStation Move motion controller and PlayStation Eye camera (both sold separately).
² USB microphones are required to play this game. Official SingStar Microphones and SingStar USB Converter are recommended for use with this product.
³ Sufficient broadband Internet connection and Netflix Unlimited account required.
Top Customer Reviews
At first I wouldn't pay $300 for the PS3 because to be it is very expansive until I saw this bundle. I bought one mainly because of this bundle!
It comes with a LOT of stuff: SingStar the game, 2 microphones, Ratchet and Clank,a $25 gift certificate and of course the PS3.
The SingStar game is really fun and it comes with 2 microphones and its great for parties and those who love to sing. The songs are also really nice.
The Ratchet and Clank game is also a really great adventure game.
The $25 online gift is really nice because you can get a game of your choice.
Of all the deals this is the best deal for the holidays on a PS3 as you are getting a $40(SingStar) + $30(RatClank) + $25 Bonus = $95 worth of stuff and a PS3 for the price of $300 (the price most people paid for the console itself).
In Addition if you pay with a master card you get 2 day shipping for Free!
1. Awesome graphics for games and can watch Blu ray and DVD movies.
2. Free Internet.
3. Lots of games to choose from.
4. You can download demos and try them out before you buy the game.
5. The controller is wireless.
6. Can play with many people and have a party.
1. It is a little big compared to other consoles of the past but still a good size (PS2, Gamecube, etc).
2. Internet can be confusing to set up for some people depending on what internet modem you have.
I'm happy with this PS3 bundle and I recommend it to all those who are looking to buy a PS3 for themselves or to give as a gift. It is an Excellent Deal!!
I am positively overwhelmed with the features of this console. If you are a PSP owner like me, you will be able to get even more fun out of it, as there are myriad interactive elements between the two! As a matter of fact I use my PS3 more for playing old PS1 games and transferring them to my PSP than anything!
This bundle comes with the console and controller, as well as the latest entry in the Ratchet and Clank series, a decent game for all ages. The humor in it, is akin to something from a more recent Pixar offering, and the game play is intuitive and enjoyable.
It also comes with Sing Star Dance Party and two microphones. I wasn't thrilled about this, but it was included at no cost. The songs mentioned on the back of the box range from insipid to trite. It's fairly sad when the best thing on offer from your singing game is New Kids on the Block and M.C. Hammer. Oh well, I'm sure the two USB mics it comes with are worth opening the box up by themselves.
At the risk of sounding like some sort of sycophantic Sony shill, I must say I am blown away by the sheer volume of features this console has. Add em up!
- The system boasts a wonderfully user friendly and wonderfully FREE online service.
- Lot's of interactivity between the system and it's contemporary hand held device, the PSP
- Wi-Fi enabled straight out the box! That means you don't need to purchase any adapters or extra parts. You can plug it in, set up your account and go!
- A great online store, that allows the option of purchasing download-able PS3 games and others straight from Sony.
- Wireless controllers, that connect to the system for charging via USB cord mean that you don't have to sit so close to the television.
- If you are a Netflix junkie like myself, you will be pleased to know they offer the instant streaming feature through the console. (A Roku player which is a device that does almost nothing but Netflix streaming costs around $100.00 by itself and can boast none of these other great features.)
- It's a blue ray and DVD player and not a half bad one at that.
- It has USB ports that support playing/storing movies or music via flash drive.
These are what I thought of off the top of my head. I couldn't be more pleased with the product, and though I would like to see more interesting games come out for the system, I won't be too disappointed if all I can use it for is a bluerayplayer/Wi-Fi/PS1/Netflix device. Worth the money at twice the price if you can afford it. Thank god they cut the price in half since I couldn't!
My wife purchased me a couple of games as Christmas gifts. As soon as I began to play them on Christmas Day 2011 the (lightly used) system began to freeze. After researching the issue (and spending a few hours on the phone with Sony's helpdesk) it became apparent that overheating, as some sites suggest, was not the issue (I maintained a dust free, well ventilated area for the unit). The blue ray player seemingly had died - all other functions of the console seem to work just fine.
Needless to say, since I am 3 days out of warranty, Sony will make me pay to have the system repaired. Now I get to decide whether I want to pay $100+ for a repair/refurbished system or purchase a new comparable system for $250. I have always been a fan of Sony products and very pleased with their quality and reliability. Hopefully this does not leave a bad taste in my mouth. At this point my next move is undecided...