Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon kidsevergreen kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 941 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,157 reviews
on January 18, 2014
Bought this for 129 NEW from GFMedia (GameFunk).... came brand new sealed in the box, still packed new and still had the Playstation tape on the box. It works perfectly fine just like my old fatty (which still works, I just wanted a backup, so the fatty's in the closet). Plays all my games, DVD's, even blue backed PS2 games I have which (according to someone else's link to games that dont' work on the Slim) werent' supposed to work. It works perfect, doesn't overheat..... ya' know that's what happens when you buy something NEW.... instead of the dimwits that bought used and expected it to last long then posted 1-star reviews.

That list I mentioned said Legend of Dragoon (a PS1 game) wasn't supposed to work on a Slim. I'd like to paste a post I put elsewhere to clear that up:

"I just got a Slim PS2 off Amazon. Put my bulky first model that still works in the closet as a backup. But here's the weird thing with Legend of Dragoon. It only works (on EITHER version of the PS2) on composite cable (yellow/red/white). Found this out cause I also switched to new PS2 component cables (the 5 cable cords, red/gree/blue for video) for a better picture on a newer type TV (I have a sony Bravia). The game was all frakked up on Component...... but it was fine on composite. WEird huh? I've never before seen a game that only works on one type of cable.

I mention this cause a review on the Slim console on Amazon gave a link to a list of ~20 games that wont' work on a PS2 Slim. This was one of them. More likely everyone who tried it was using component cable... so dont' toss your composite cables. If you switch to using PS2 component cables on newer tv's for a bettter picture you'll still need the composite one for this game"
review image review image
on May 13, 2016
Very dissapointed. They give you the illusion that you get a controller and it comes in a nice box. No. It had no controller, which is fine whatever. The brown box it came in had no bubble wrap or anything to keep it from breaking. When I opened the box the black slim ps2 I ordered was scratched and the open part for the tray was loose. I plugged it in and put it a game in. Only to find out, it doesn't even turn on! You push the button and it turns green for 1 second and then turns red. Also there was hair all inside the part where you put the game. I thought it would atleast work right? I bought a used one only because they new ones are almost $400 wtf!? Very pissed. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!
on December 29, 2014
First off, i'd like to say that this came as gently used and refurbished. I ordered the Toy Story bundle and am in love. I'm 20, but I loved the games from my childhood. Now, the people that are complaining about the quality of their system, were not smart. Any time you order something used, get the BEST possible condition because you should expect to get a lesser condition, as you don't know exactly how good of a place it is until you buy it. Since I chose Elctronic Extravaganza, and their description was "Slightly used, tested for functioning and bugs, and almost brand new", I knew i'd be getting a good deal. If you chose Fair or Good condition, that was your fault. You can't take their word for it all the time. As far as my product, it operates extremely well. Disc tray reads and holds games just like it should. All ports for memory cards and controllers are intact and function properly. It came with the proper cords and one controller, just like it said. Everything is in great condition. This is the console I remember playing and loving. I definitely recommend buying from Amazon, just choose your DISTRIBUTOR carefully. And don't expect exactly what they say. That should go for any online purchase, honestly. I will update this review if any problems occur after I have used it a little more. Until then, 5 Stars. (:
on August 25, 2017
This was way more than I expected. I purchased a PlayStation Console, not knowing what I was going to end up with. I was intending to replace a "Fat" PS2 with a slim model, this listing doesn't exactly say "PlayStation 2 SLIM console" it just says PlayStation 2 Console-Black.
I was very happy when it came in the mail today from Amazon Warehouse Deals, not knowing what it was, hoping it was a Slim Ps2 I opened the package to find a PS2 Slim, with brand new Sony controller, A/V Cable, and Power cord. This item was sold as "used- acceptable" I ended up with a ps2 slim, original box, accessories, and original manuals. I am highly impressed. The console is also in great working condition
review image review image
VINE VOICEon March 29, 2013
We made the mistake of selling our original PS2 a few years ago, and finally decided to buy a new one from a third party seller here. The gaming console still plays as well as ever and provides a portal to all of the fun PS2 games. When these were new, I never really examined the specs, but I feel like this slim model plays better than the larger units in terms of video quality. I would say that if you have a hard time reading buttons that you probably will want to get the full-size PS2 or be prepared to train your brain to recognize the "feel" of where the power and eject buttons are. My husband who has glasses but rarely wears them has had to get accustomed to the buttons in this manner.
on October 21, 2015
The PS2 is a fantastic console, and I was extremely satisfied with my purchase. When I was really young, I loved our PS2, but we had to sell our original "fat" one, along with all our games for it. Then, until recently, I have reunited with my favorite system. The slim is great, because it is so much more smaller and convenient! It's just as great as I remember, and it has amazing games (and some series) like Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Kingdom Hearts, Shadow of the Colossus, Devil May Cry, God of War, Metal Gear Solid, and so many other fantastic games. It also lays PS1 games, so that's even better! If anyone wants to get into gaming, or just wants an amazing system, you get this one! Happy gaming!
on May 23, 2016
FIRST ONE ORDERED AND RETURNED: This was supposed to be simply "open box" which is why it was inexpensive. It wasn't just "open box", it was used and in just okay condition (scuffs and everything). Well, no surprise, when my daughter opened it on her birthday, it DIDN'T WORK. Not on any of her games. Talk about a let down. She specifically requested a PS2 because she has so many PS2 games and would prefer to continue playing those rather than purchase a new unit and have to restock her games. UPS is supposed to swing by and pick it up today so I can get a refund. Hopefully, they'll do it soon so I can try another unit.

SECOND ONE ORDERED: I ended up going with a more costly unit, but it was worth it, since it functioned as it is supposed to and my girls can now play all of the games that they've been unable to play for a considerable length of time.
on April 18, 2016
An excellent console that serves as a time capsule for me. It was my first real foray into gaming, and I fondly remember all of the great games I played on it. I had to get another, for old times sake. And it arrived on time, just as advertised. Words cannot describe how happy I was to see the "Sony Computer Entertainment" screen after many years! I popped in an old favorite of mine, Sly 2, and got to playing. Now I have it setup to my hdtv via an hdmi adapter that works very well, and the picture looks great. If you are looking for the greatest video game system of all time, look no further!
on March 22, 2010
One thing that not a lot of people talk about with the PS2 is it's controller, mostly because not a lot has to be said. Sony's upgrade used a controller that was very familiar to it's loyal customers, adding only a couple new features. Meanwhile, both Sega and Microsoft released consoles who's control pads were panned. People said Sega's shouldn't even have been released yet, and Microsoft's controller was just too big (a friend once described it as being "like a cereal bowl without the fun").

All around, I love the PS2. Graphics are good and the games released are generally a lot of fun. While Microsoft's rig was decent, it's development was a big half-assed in comparison. Not knocking xbox or it's fans, I was just rather disappointed by their OS and some of their hardware choices.

What really amazes me about the PS2 now is that it's held up. It's still relevant after all the next gen consoles have come out.
on October 15, 2015
product arrived new in box this is my third ps2 bought the original many years ago and gave it away as a gift(it still works,by the way)bought a second when sony decided stupidly to stop backwards support on ps3...and bought my third to backup my still functioning 2nd unit(I am not buying that stupid ps4 when ps3 is just as good)ps2 rocks with great retro games like tomb raider legend madden 2002 ncaa football 2002 and literally scores more (resident evil nemesis)this unit like all my ps2 is sturdy and I expect durable based on previous experience...between this and my 160 gig ps3 I am set for many years of fun WITHOUT over hyped ps4

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.