Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 27, 2015
My old PS2 charger gave out some time ago, so this is exactly what we needed. It fit the PS2 perfectly, and doesn't seem to be lose or wiggle freely the way some knock-offs tend to do.

I've owned mine for a few years now without any problems. It's continually kept power going to the PS2 despite the hard use I put it through, and it hasn't managed to wiggle its way free or melt or get chewed on like several of its predecessors have. (Darn cats.) I've sen some review say what they received doesn't fit the device the way it's intended to, but I can honestly say I don't have that issue. I received the D and circle sided plug that was intended to fit the PS2.

Assuming this one does get mangled at some point, I'd definitely purchase again.
2 people found this helpful
on June 6, 2015
I am getting ready to move. I haven't used my PlayStation 2 for awhile due to having other things going on in my life. But I was still dismayed to find the cord severely damaged when I went to pack it up. I have no idea what happened -- most likely one of my pets chewing on it (thankfully it was unplugged). So I went to Amazon to find a replacement.

This is exactly what I needed. It fits in the back of my PS2, it powers the system, and it was cheap. (I have the regular PS2, not the slim.)

Please note: I did receive exactly what was pictured, but what is pictured is not exactly the same as the original PS2 cord. The item description says this has a square part and a rounded part on the end that goes into the gaming console. You will see that the picture shows two rounded parts. What you get (as of the time I post this review) is what is in the picture. It does not have a square part. So the fit is not perfect and you may have to jam it in there or shave a bit of plastic off. But where I will be keeping the unit, it will not get jarred or moved so I am OK with this.
on September 25, 2015
I bought this for as a replacement for my PS2 original and when it came I didn't exactly look at the end till I was wondering why it did not fit... It is because both sides are rounded not one.. And since I am not the only one with this problem, I thought I would vent and tell everyone about it. I give it two stars because for the simple fact of running the machine for over 17 hours it did not fry anything. I do not suggest anyone buy this product for its price.
review image
on April 23, 2013
This cord will technically work for the PS2, but it's not a "PS2 power cord". The PS2 cord has one round side and one square side on the plug; this has two round sides and so it is loose when I plug it into the PS2. It also arrived very dirty. Granted, it's only a power cord, but it's still disgusting when you think you're getting something new and you get something with unidentifiable crust all over it. I'd return it just on principle, but it will cost me more in shipping than the cord itself.
on October 21, 2017
I know that this is universal and not made specifically for the PS2 so I wasn’t expecting the squared off end everyone mentions in their review but the quality of the cable is very poor. It very thin and feels cheap. The end that goes into the system is very small so it is not a tight fit in the system. It easily pulls out of the socket in the PS2. Not recommended.
on August 14, 2015
Product shipped is not what is being advertised. The pictures and description clearly say that this cable has a "square+round" plug matching the shape of the PS2 power socket. The cord that they are currently shipping is "infinity" shaped. I returned the first one and got back another incorrect one. They probably didn't even read my "reason for return". Technically this will work and power your PS2, but the reason I bought this was to have one of the correct shape.
on August 13, 2015
I received a cord with an infinity end. I returned it and received a replacement with an infinity end. I needed one as shown in the picture and described; with a round and flat end.
review image
2 people found this helpful
on March 11, 2012
first i was a bit worried about getting this because it said PS2 cord, but i wanted a PS3 cord, but i couldnt find one. Just to make it clear to everyone, THIS CORD WORKS WITH BOTH PS2 AND PS3. i didnt know that, and i read a few reviews on it saying it has 2 round tips at the top just like the PS3 cord, so i decided to take the risk. and it was really cheap so i decided to get it. when it came in the mail, i saw that it had 2 round tips at the top so i plugged it up to my PS3 and it worked! so out of curiosity i plugged it up to me PS2 and it fit and worked! soi was really happy with this. even though its not the official PS3 cord, its a lot longer and the head is skinnier (lol thats what she said) so it could fit in both the PS2 and PS3. overall this is really good, but to remind you, THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL CORD. its fine with me and im happy so yea...:)
on June 15, 2015
Although this cable works it is not the correct shape for the PS2. The end still fits but it has two rounded sides instead of one.
review imagereview image
on September 8, 2014
I don't think getting the official is that serious for something as simple at this cord. So buy it if you're feeling nostalgic to play games that don't involve membership, internet (not anymore), and constant friend requests from creepy guys, and achievement hunting. Dust your PS2 off, use this cord, and have some old school fun.