Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by morrisey PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 6, 2017
PSU was missing two screws and had a plug that was impoperly inserted. When I placed the system on its side it tuned off after 8 mins. Thankfully I had a broken second unit to fix this one. @maz0n couldn't have known about these issues without taking apart the system but the packageing was premium.
on November 13, 2009
It plays Blue Ray movies, Netflix movies online (you have to request a netflix installation disc), the PS network is pretty solid (Internet search, youtube, and a second life-like game built-in, where you interact with people all over the world in a virtual 3D environment). The Playstation Network is free, which makes the PS3 the best value considering you get the wireless antenna built-in and the b-ray capability. The games exclusive to this system are amazing, like littlebig planet, metal gear, uncharted 2, gran turismo, and the upcoming version of God of War. It's the best system in the market, but the Nintendo Wii is better for children.
on March 6, 2017
Excellent product,. I plan to order it again.
on March 29, 2014
Let's go into the bad news first, the PS3 I ordered from the seller came with a faulty cable, so I couldn't set it up for days until I went and purchased one. But that's where the bad news ends. When I did get it set up, it was an absolute joy to use. Mind you, I had only tested out the blu-ray and game functions which work great. The picture quality on my HDTV is beautiful. Seemly more so than when I play on my Xbox 360. The PS store works very well and even has some functions like being able to purchase multiple items at once that the XBL marketplace doesn't have. Also, you can use other features like Netflix and Redbox Instant which is good as well, but the main thing that sold this system for me was the several games I wanted to play on it such as FFX HD, and Dynasty Warriors 8 XL. In conclusion, if you wanted a PS3 but haven't gotten one for whatever reason, now is the perfect time to get one. I will be getting a PS4 eventually, but the PS3 and it's vast library of diverse games will keep me entertained until and long after that time comes!
on July 27, 2015
My husband loves it, got it as a gift and now I realize there's youtube and netflix and CRUNCHYROLL ON IT!! Heck yeah I'm using it too. Came in perfect condition with everything the seller said it would. Works like a charm, controller also functions perfectly. Nice sound, good visuals, love it!
on June 29, 2015
5 Stars so far.
I got mine from Amazon Warehouse Deals and it shipped with original packaging and included one dualshock and one six axis controller.
I was listed as like new and so far it works pretty good. It has very minor signs of use, mostly on the shiny area near the slot drive.
All original cables where also in the box.

Works way better than the new super slims. I will be taking it apart for cleaning and fresh thermal compound in a few days. Will also be installing a 500gb drive.

I had originally bought a new super slim but they seem to have go rid of the HDD led activity indicator on the latest super slim hardware revision.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2014
The price was right for the PS3, wanted one so that I could watch Netflix and what blue ray movies mainly. I also have some games I like to play. When my granddaughter visits me, she can enjoy playing games. The problem I have with this purchase is that the power button sticks, it is difficult to use the power button. The wireless control that came with it does not work and it has a crack in it near the charge slot. The power cord does not stay in the unit and falls off all the time. I have had to order a new controller and a replacement power cord on my own. The seller describe this in much better condition than what I received. I still refuse to buy something new when I can pay half the price with a good refurbish unit.
on January 16, 2010
Alright, I'll keep this semi-short since there are plenty of good reviews for the PS3. I've personally, as of now, owned all consoles of this current generation.

Wii - Great fun for the first few months, I sold it because I just couldn't find any more enjoyment out of it. It's great for families, but for an average 20-something with nothing to do there isn't a whole lot going for it.

XBox 360 - I have to admit I loved a lot of the XBox exclusives that are available and XBox Live is definitely ahead of the game as far as DLC and media are concerned. However, the hardware is barely sub-par. I went through 3 cycles of the infamous 'red ring of death' on the same system. The quality of the hardware should exceed the quality of the software in all respects to give the customer a sense of pride in what they're purchasing. No BD playback. Pay-to-play/communicate with other users. Constant battery replacements without built-in rechargables. The list goes on and on.

Finally, with warranty money from my XBox 360 and Amazon trade-in gift cards from my games I went with the console I should've bought 3 years ago - The PS3.

I've only played a few games thus far, but they all appear staggeringly better defined on BD as opposed to the standard DVD format that is currently being used by the other guys. I'm not a big fan of 'Playstation Home', but I understand it's currently in beta. Also the PSN has a lot to make up for, but it's free. Controllers are rechargeable via USB and have a better feel, in my opinion, than the XBox 360 controller. The PS3 also has built-in wifi, not a proprietary accessory. BD playback, Netflix streaming, better hardware, and increasing better software. So far it's been a win-win with my PS3.
on December 14, 2011
I'm a bit of a nerd. I've owned a PS3, Xbox360, PS2, Xbox, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Advance, SNES, various PC games, and probably a few other gaming devices that I don't even remember. I have my issues with the videogame industry as it is, but I don't think I can rate the PS3 anything below 5 stars.

The PS3 is really a fantastic device for gaming, and much more. I originally picked it up for the sole purpose of playing videogames. I use it for other things now-- for example, I watch Netflix with my girlfriend all the time on it. I've downloaded recently released movies on it when I'm too lazy to go to Redbox. I've found other features on it very useful, even though I really just intended to play videogames on it.

Videogames on the PS3 are pretty good. I have high standards. I've gone from playing games like Goldeneye and the Legend of Zelda to SOCOM: US Navy Seals to Halo to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. It's hard to compare videogames nowadays to videogames ten to fifteen years ago. I will say that there is a very wide variety of choices nowadays. There is something for everyone; from sports to shooting to puzzle games, you can usually find a game with great reviews. In terms of innovation, I think things have slowed down quite a bit recently. Historically you can see new concepts pop up every few years in games-- the N64 and PS1 made huge gains in graphics with fully 3D games, the PS2 and Xbox introduced online play and games like Grand Theft Auto showed the possibilities of "open"/non-linear gameplay where you don't have to follow a storyline. I'm not sure what the PS3 has done that's any different now than 7 years ago, when Halo 2 came out. I guess they're trying to do more networking things, which people really appreciate (online play, downloadable content, Netflix type stuff), and there's also the Kinect motion-sensing type fads. But I will be the first to say that a lot of the stuff out there is gimmicky, to say the least. It's made so that it "seems cool", although the enjoyment/gameplay isn't really optimized. I just made a review on Madden talking about how their company focuses on the "cool new features" but ignores the core gameplay, because hey, it's a business and they want to sell games. But as a customer, I would appreciate something more than that.

I guess I'll throw in a pro's/con's list:

Pros
--very good graphics.
--free online play, comparing to Xbox's paid service.
--free WiFi connectivity, that works pretty well (my router is maybe 20 feet away in a different bedroom)
--large selection of games
--Bluray player itself is worth quite a bit

Cons
--everything in the Store is ridiculously expensive.
--sometimes things are more difficult than I'd like. For example, downloading updates requires a restart and takes way longer than I'd like.
--lack of innovation in today's marketplace.

In general, the console is worth the money. Sony probably loses money on these consoles; they're so expensive to make (although keep in mind they'll make a ton of money by selling the games). Take a shot and pick one up; they're loaded with features and you'll probably get your money's worth somewhere in there.
on April 29, 2017
Just as a note to future buyers, if you're buying from Bomb Brand they do not include any of the cables or controller listed in the item description. It comes with the console and power cable only. You'll have to buy the video cable and controller. Also, there is no padding in the box it's shipped in.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.