FREE Shipping. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- 250GB HDD for storing games, music, videos, and photos
- High-Definition Blu-ray player for the best movie experience
- Free PlayStation Network membership
- Plays DVDs and CDs
- Internet ready with built-in Wi-Fi
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
With the PlayStation®3 250GB system, you get free PlayStation®Network membership, built-in Wi-Fi and 250GB of hard disk drive storage for games, music, videos, photos, and PlayStation Network downloads. And every PS3™ system comes with a built-in Blu-ray player to give you pristine picture quality and the best high-definition viewing experience available. Whether it’s gaming, Blu-ray movies, music or online services, experience it all with the PlayStation®3 system.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Unless you are a major gamer hard drives of more then 150 GB are sufficient and all the reviews that go on and on about hard drives are tech nerds showing off. It's also worth mentioning that hard drive replacements aren't that hard if you feel like you need more space go ahead and save some money buying a newer, bigger, or faster hard drive.
2. The detailed description of this uses Sony's marketing advertisement and is MISLEADING. I probably shouldn't have been surprised that it didn't have a controller I just thought that description and lack of anyone else complaining meant it did have at least a 3rd party controller. I'm probably going to replace the 3rd party one I ran out to grab with a Sony brand one because they're indestructible.
3. Don't be in a hurry if you order this, I ordered it June 1st and it didn't arrive until June 14th. I got my other box I ordered at the same time within five days as expected so the time really seemed to drag on.
4. My biggest problem is that the fan on this computer system is defective. While the system itself is in good shape and left me feeling pretty comfortable with this purchase by the second day the fan didn't start. The system quickly over heated and with a warning message shut down as a safety feature. After a few minutes I turned it back on and the fan kick-on this time. The next few days I've repeated this process of starting the PS3, having it shut it's self down (and god help you if you were in the middle of a mission), and turning it on again praying the fan would start up. As it is I'm using my computer lap-desk fan to help it stay cool because the fan is loud and slow keeping it hot even when the fan is on. Some problems are kind of expected with computers in general and used items but it's still really frustrating on a students budget to deal with. I bought it from "Space Shuttle Gaming" who have a good track record so I hope this can be resolved quickly.
I've contacted the seller about a return and I'll update when they get back to me.
My Ps2 is a humble little system and i Play it needlessly for Hours and never does he freeze, If he tears up i know all my progress wasnt on the system (LIKE THE PS3), But on my humble 8MB memory card. The graphics of the Ps2 are Good, THey were never bad except back in the Early Years 2000-2004. But graphics was never a big deal. Why do people want real video games anyway? SO that when you Kill An NPC you want to see the Life go from his eyes? Here him give his last breath? Cry for mercy? What? I dont understand it.
ALl these year Ps2 has been with us and we loved it, every moment, then they Shove this Big Pile of plastic Heap down are throats and people curse the PS2's Poor Graphics, Well forget you people.
All in all, Buy An XBOX 360, they are the dominators of the market and so will Not have problems with the overheating and what not. SONY is really going downhill like Intellivision and the Atari.
Xbox 360 I assume is top of the market because they executed the Ps3's attempt long ago and improved it Completely whilst the PS2 was still top on the market.
ANYONE ELSE HAVING THESE ISSUES?????? ANY SUGGESTIONS? IVE ONLY OWNED IT FOR MAYBE 6 WEEKS