Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
4-Year Game Console Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
About the product
- Your Favorite Franchises Live Here: Dig into a huge catalog of exclusive games, including generation defining titles like The Last of Us and entries in popular franchises like LittleBigPlanet, God of War, Gran Turismo, and UNCHARTED.
- The Best in Video Streaming Services: Access your favorite HD video streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO, and Amazon Instant Video.
- Watch Movies and Shows in HD: The built-in Blu-Ray disc player brings your movies and shows to life in with stunning visual and sound quality.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Play, Stream, and Watch your favorite games, movies, and television shows with the PlayStation®3 500GB System.
With a catalogue of exclusive titles including entries in the hit UNCHARTED™, Gran Turismo®, and God of War® franchises, access to your favorite HD video steaming services, and an internal Blu-ray player, it’s the perfect time to experience your favorites in entertainment and a generation of games with the PlayStation®3 system.
· PlayStation®3 System 500 GB
o Color: Charcoal Black
o Form Factor: Super Slim Chassis (CECH-4301C)
· DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller
o Color: Black
· AC Power Cord, 3 Feet
· AV MULTI Cable (Composite), 3 Feet
· USB 2.0 Cable (Mini B to Type A), 3 Feet
Top customer reviews
Now with the PS3 entering its twilight as a console, I'd found this model for just under $200 & decided to buy it.
Although late in its cycle, there's a backlog of great games released for this system- & there's still games being released for it. Plus there's the HDD- at 500 GB, that's 25 times the space in the original PS3 "fat" model that came out nearly 9 years ago. That should be more than enough for your gaming needs (& if not, the disk drive is replaceable). You can also store other things beside game data- photos, video, & music files as well. & if you don't have a Blu-Ray player, the PS3 plays Blu-Ray, DVDs, & CDs too. Add a video app (like YT, Netflix or even an Amazon Prime Video one) & you have a console that can handle almost all your entertainment needs outside of games. Just be sure you have internet service & you can connect the PS3 to it via Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
& I love the wireless controller that comes with this. Prior to buying this, whenever I hear a wireless controller, I think of a controller that runs on store-bought batteries. Yes this does run on batteries, but they charged with the power of the PS3 via the USB cord which comes with it, rather than having to go buy batteries at a store. It only comes with 1 controller, so be sure to buy an extra one.
So despite being late in its life cycle, this is still a great console for those who never owned a PS3, have a tight budget & are weary about spending hundreds of dollars on the current game systems.
PS: about the model design, this is a Super Slim. & despite some complains I heard about, I really like it. It has a cool look, is smaller than the previous models, & uses less electricity- thought it does get warm at the bottom after its been on for a while (as did my PS2 Slim BTW, which still plays after having it for nearly a decade). The PS3 does make noise as it reads the disc, but it's not really loud. & once the game starts, the system itself is very quiet. Also while many may disagree, I like the disc player being on top. That in a way also reminds me of the PS2 Slim. In the end, don't let the design keep you away from buying this. It's a very reliable model.
Sony changed the way you insert the game disc. Now you have to manually open the Bluray drive, insert the disc and close it.
Most recent customer reviews
But it has a serious problem " It always Freeze on start up,can't do anything! ".