Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 322 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 750 reviews
on May 19, 2016
** BE CAREFUL WHEN PURCHASING **

I just recently made a purchase for one of these, terrible experience. The system is not backwards compatible like it states, and not all the systems come with everything it says in the description!!! Check the seller description before making it final, I did not get a controller or the proper power cord with mine and to top it off the blue ray player is shot!!! Thankfully I'm able to do the necessary repairs for it to be able to read discs but that also requires more money. In the end I paid $100 roughly, but with the additional costs of ; controller, power cord, and new blue ray driver that's an easy extra $100. So, with that being said, your better off buying one brand new for over $200 and not have to go through the same head ache as I did, not saying that everyone's experience will be the same, just a fellow gamer looking out for my fellow enthusiasts. Best luck everyone game on.
on September 29, 2016
If I could give it zero stars I would it was played once a week tops and didn't even last 3 months before shutting off in the middle of games and then won't turn back on unless you leave it unplugged for a day
on August 29, 2010
The Sony PS3 is a self contained home entertainment system that appeals to anyone and everyone. I have owned one for a long time. I didn't write a review earlier because sometimes after a while little things creep up that change a persons opinion about a product. I can only say that my opinion of what a great product this is has only become stronger through time. It truly is an all in one entertainment system.

Now that Sony is coming up with the 'Wii' like conrollers and games this fall, I can not fanthom why anyone would pick up one of the competitive game systems of a Wii or Xbox 360 unless you are hooked on manufacturer franchised games like Mario or Halo. With 360, you have to pay a monthly fee for internet access plus it does not have the Blue Ray player. The PS3 gives you free internet access, graphics and game play comparable to 360 and an HD player. With Wii, you get a fun and interactive game system but you also sacrifice with inferior graphics and processing system plus everything is extra if you want internet access.

The PS3 gives you the whole package. I stream music and video to my television from my home computer using the PS3. Nothing extra was needed to do this. I just enabled the Wi-Fi to my home system (Windows 7). With the Netflix disk, we stream movies directly through the PS3 to the TV. I play on-line games like Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, war games, etc. with anyone around the world and at no monthly charge. The PS3 camera (extra) and 'eye' games allow the family to interact with what I can only best describe as 'virtual' games. It is 'COOL'. You can see others while playing on-line poker. The Blue Ray player is the original and rated best for superb quality and allows you to take advantage of the on-line extra's if you have it on a home network. It is 5.1 audio capable. For our Christmas family gathering, I streamed family photo's along with Holiday music on my television while our family opened presents. No laptop needed to plug into your TV! There is the Buzz TV game show that is a family trivia game. You have up to 4 game style clickers. Just like a game show, it asks questions and you buzz in to answer the questions against other players or even on-line against other contestants. It is awesome. The graphics of the first person games will have you immersed as if you are in an action movie. The current controllers (similar to Wii) are motion activated with many games like bowling.

This fall, PS3 will go head to head with Wii with their own sport games and honestly that was the only thing I felt PS3 was lacking to leave Wii in the dust. Yes, it is a pricey unit but you get what you pay for sometimes and the internet free access will make up for the extra money you pay over the Wii and 360. This will be the best entertainment purchase you can make for your family and home.
on September 6, 2016
It was misleading it came with no controller or video cord and I paid a hundred dollars for it I could have gotten one cheaper at game stop that came with a controller and video cord
on October 12, 2013
When I saw this I was thinking "Wow, what a steal." I bought this for $150 bucks, but the thing is that once I got it I knew why. The first few days it worked fine. I played Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and The Last of Us. But the thing is this system now lags like crazy on The Last of Us and it freezes on the menu screen sometimes. Plus this thing is loud as crap and it takes forever to shut off. If your in a hurry to get a console, just wait and save up for a slim or a newer version, because this one is outdated and it dosent work well with the newer games. Plus the seller did not respond to my return request. I am going to Gamestop tomorrow to see what I can get for it.
on June 1, 2012
I searched Amazon for a backwards compatible PS3 console. I clicked on the product, and looked under the sellers for the best deal on a used PS3 console I could get. I found EZCorp, read the description, and thought I had found just what I was looking for. I receive the package on time, I open it, and there are two empty juice pouches in my package. I'm shocked and appalled already, and all I've done is open the package. I take a second to compose myself and read the outside of the box. It is a GameStop box, and it says REFURBISHED on the outside. I had bought a USED console, not a refurbished one. There was no disclosure of this in the description. Now, I finally get to open the box, I take the PS3 console out and I plug everything in and set it up, and it turns on, I load a PS2 game disc, and it says that my console is not backwards compatible. Wow. This is another thing that should have been disclosed in the description. I e-mail them to find out what went wrong. I get prompt customer service all the way, yes, and I commend them for it. But the need for customer service would not have been necessary if they would take a minute and write an accurate description, disclosing everything about the product they are selling, not leaving it up to me to open a box and find two empty juice boxes and a PS3 console which was sent to me that did not deliver as advertised. They sent me my return shipping labels (the e-mail they sent me also informed me that they don't set up a FedEx pick-up date like all other sellers I have dealt with in the past, I had to set one up myself) and I dropped it off at my local FedEx Office location and awaited for it to arrive with the seller. The tracking number did not work for the first four days, and when it did work, I was informed my delivery was delayed because of Memorial Day. it was the perfect storm for EZCorp. They have great customer service, I just wish I didn't have to find that out the hard way...
on July 16, 2013
Where do I start with this review... I bought a ps3 from budget goods for 180 but it came with 7 games and even a blue ray movie! All great games and all the discs had little to no scratches on them. When I got the ps3 it was titled that it was only 80g but I later received a email from budget goods stating they upgraded it to 180 and they included a HDMI cord free! Not only that but the shipping was suppose to cost them more than what they charged me but the covered it! I was in shock when I read that email and today when I tried the ps3 it's working flawlessly! I'm more than happy with this purchase as the ps3 so far is working great! If your buying something from budget goods just know that the customer service seems top notch, and any issues you have with them if you email them i'm sure they would help you out.
EDIT -----------------
After playing the play station for a day it froze on me and stated when I booted it back up it needed to restore the hard drive because it was corrupted. While it attempted to restore it freezes up and gives my tv a blank screen. When I tried to turn it back on the process repeats. I emailed budget goods and asked if he had any idea why this would be happening. He said when he upgraded my hard drive from 80g to 180g ( for free ) the new hard drive was most likely bad. So now he is sending me a new 500g hard drive free to fix the issue! Keep in mind this is all out of pocket for him
but i'm writing this to show that he really seems to care for his customer support. If you buy a product from budget goods i'm sure you'll get some great customer service like I have been getting!
EDIT ------------
New hard drive came in ( 500g ) and works great !
on January 2, 2013
The PS3 is excellent for Bluray playback. I am not good at playing games, though the PS3 seems excellent for games.

Shortly after the one year warranty expired, the DVD player that had rarely been used stopped working. Sony wanted to charge $300 for the repair. I bought a replacement laser lens assembly and performed the replacement myself.

Next, Sony removed the feature that would have allowed Unix software to be installed on a PS 3.

I record TV shows on my Macintosh and like to view them on the PS 3. Originally, I could view the TV shows with the PS3 web browser without waiting to completely download the TV show. Now, I must download the TV show file completely, and I can no longer view the video in the web browser.

The feature that downloads file in the background while watching a video file is much slower than simply downloading the file.
The process of moving a download into the background is slow and clunky. Downloading more than one file in the background is especially slow and quite unsatisfactory.
on July 23, 2016
Did not include everything that was listed. Specifically the controller.
on June 19, 2015
This PS3 is great. Came in a "like new" condition. Unfortunately I was hoping for the backwards compatibility to be from PS3 to PS2 games. I bought the wrong model and the backwards compatibility is PS3 and PS1 games.

Apparently the model I was searching for was supposed to be the 1st gen 60GB or lower to have the backwards compatibility feature I wanted. It's too bad, I still have many PS2 games still left over.