PlayStation 4 Camera (Old Model)
- Easy system navigation : PlayStation Camera enables hands free navigation of the PS4 system menu, Login instantly with face recognition as well as search your library and launch games with voice commands
- Head tracking and Gesture tracking : Gain an advantage on your enemy using head tracking to peek around corners in Alien: Isolation. Put your gaming in motion as you control in-game actions through your dance moves in Just Dance 2015
- Voice commands : Quickly change tactics such as making player substitutions with voice commands in FIFA 15
- Innovative gameplay possibilities : Put yourself in the game by creating a custom player using the face scan feature in NBA 2K15. Have fun with the family and imagine the innovative possibilities with The Playroom, a pre-installed app on Playstation 4 systems
- Broadcast your gaming greatness - Live Broadcast your PS4 gameplay and add picture-in-picture video of yourself with PlayStation Camera. Share your gaming mastery and expert knowledge to build an audience of admirers.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Exclusive items from our brands
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Easy System Navigation
PlayStation Camera enables hands-free navigation of the PS4 system menu – Login instantly with face recognition as well as search your library and launch games with voice commands.
Head tracking and Gesture tracking
Gain an advantage on your enemy using head tracking to peek around corners in Alien: Isolation. Put your gaming in motion as you control in-game actions through your dance moves in Just Dance 2015.
Quickly change tactics such as making player substitutions with voice commands in FIFA 15.
Innovative gameplay possibilities
Put yourself in the game by creating a custom player using the face scan feature in NBA 2K15. Have fun with the family and imagine the innovative possibilities with The Playroom, a pre-installed app on Playstation 4 systems.
Broadcast your gaming greatness
Live Broadcast your PS4 gameplay and add picture-in-picture video of yourself with PlayStation Camera. Share your gaming mastery and expert knowledge to build an audience of admirers.
Be the star of your own show
Create your own personalized broadcasting stage and host live online shows with AR Studio, a free add-on for the pre-installed PlayRoom App on PlayStation 4.
Personalize SHAREfactory videos
Add a personal touch to your SHAREfactory videos with picture-in-picture video commentary, allowing you to create vibrant play-by-play walkthroughs, reviews, and more in stunning HD.
Broadcast yourself in play with PlayStation Camera. Become a community sensation by adding a picture-in-picture video of yourself in gameplay live streams. Create and share narrated game walkthroughs in HD video and voice chat through four built-in microphones. Enjoy stunning new levels of immersion as the 3D depth-sensing camera and DUALSHOCK4 wireless controller's light bar track player movements through space. Log in instantly with facial recognition and navigate PS4 system menu hands-free with voice inputs.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- You can record or film yourself for a video.
- Functions as a kinect style device for motion controlled games used in conjunction with the light bar on the back of the controller.
- Lets you command your PS4 with voice and motion control with functions such as launching a game or returning to the home screen.
- Able to use facial recognition so, you can sign In automatically.
- Needed If your going to use It to dip your toe using the PS4 VR.
- Used for the free application The Playroom which you won't spend very much time In after you lose interest.
Here's a complete list of games compatible with the PS4 camera. Thank you Google search and Wikipedia. ;)
- Alien: Isolation
- Angry Birds Star Wars
- Baila Latino
- Commander Cherry's Puzzled Journey
- FIFA 15, 16 and 17
- Just Dance 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019
- LittleBigPlanet 3
- NBA 2K15, 2K16, and 2K17
- Omega Quintet
- The Playroom
- Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show
- Surgeon Simulator
- Tearaway Unfolded
- Until Dawn
- War Thunder
The PS4 camera Isn't required to broadcast gameplay but, this Is probably the best feature. You can record yourself as you play games If you want to have a better quality streams either from Youtube or Twitch. I personally use this and I'm very satisfied that It works perfectly with a resolution of 1280 pixels by 800 pixels and a max frame rate of 240 FPS. Would I recommend this product yes only If you want to start streaming your gameplay with a face cam and be able to use the PS4 VR. The other reasons are a neat feature but, I wouldn't get It just for those features If your wanting to start streaming or using PS4 VR then this is your product.
I purchased it with the hope of atually being able to use it in mic chat with friends, as it was possible in the PS3 with the PS Eye. However, I am very disappointed. I don't even use the facial recognition to log into my PS4 anymore as it was much more time consuming and less direct.
I would return this item, however I cant be arsed to do so due to the hassle it will be, since I currently live in Brazil.
If Sony adds the camera feature to the voice chats, it would be appreciated. But until that happens, I will continue using the less practical skype on my phone or laptop, consuming double the amount of energy.
If Sony fixes that, and adds the camera feature to voice chat, I will change my rating to 4*.
My only main complaint is the damn shiny plastic. You would think they just wouldn't use this dogcrap material anymore. I know piano black is nice but you really need better plastic that doesn't scratch to hell if you want to use this on consumer devices. It has gotten better in the industry but for whatever reason they still use this garbage like they are doing a favor to anyone.
STOP using shiny, black plastic on consumer devices! Or at least improve it. This is not the worst kind that scratches from the dust in the air lol, but I'd rather be able to hand my devices without constant fingerprints or fear of having to clean such a device. I barely touch this camera for this reason.
All in all the resolution and capabilities are far beyond the first PS Camera but it's hard for anyone to know when you basically have zero software to use this with in the way of Sports Champions or some other game capable of making true love with the camera. For now this thing is totally pointless unless you need a desktop mic like me.
When Sports Champions 3 comes out, will it ever?, then this thing will be a nice product to have. For now Sony has totally abandoned the Move and Camera as they get other things up to speed.