Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on March 21, 2014
I received the PS4 this week shipped directly from Amazon and have had no problems. The system was the easiest console to set up and the graphics are truly amazing. Hopefully, the developers can stop pushing back release dates and launch some games this Spring/Summer though!

If ordering from Amazon, beware of the packaging. I suspect the reason for so many systems being delivered broken is simply because the packaging is absolutely horrible. Literally, one piece of bubble wrap at the bottom and nothing on top. I couldn't believe they would ship a $400 item in such a careless way. I am still baffled by the lack of (basically nothing) protection.
4 helpful votes
on December 1, 2016
I like this console a lot because it is cool and well just well rounded with its good graphics and good download speed and a pretty decent 500gb hard drive and an expandable hard. Just a heads up I ordered the the original one but I got the slim instead but it's fine because it has a bit better CPU and is obviously smaller and better. If you want a console then consider before you buy that Xbox (if you were planning on Xbox)
on June 11, 2017
PS-4 was as presented and I am satisfied with the price. Arrived without the needed cables BUT upon contact the seller apologized and sent the cables by priority mail I am quite happy with both the product and the seller.
on March 16, 2014
buy it. it's perfect. My only complaint was the packaging it was sent in. Amazon sent this in a large box filled with other items I purchased. I know that is very standard but all the smaller items were loose in the box and the ps4 (in its own packaging) was also an inch shorter than the shipping box so it was also loose and moving freely in the box with the other items. Was very hard to carry from my door to my kitchen with everything shifting i can only imagine how it was to move from place to place and its bumpy ride in the back of the postal truck.
on May 30, 2014
Performs without any trouble, only downside at the moment are lack of games and lack of many features that existed in the previous generation, local audio\video playback, DLNA support, All of which might be fixed in the future with software updates.

Getting PS Plus annually is highly recommended as starting from July 2014 it'll be two free games every month Guaranteed. SO you get 2 games for ~$5 a month.

If you want to sweeten the deal throw in the new Vita bundle for $200, then you have PS4 remote play plus another 2 free games from plus.

All in all a fantastic entertainment package. Very much satisfied
4 helpful votes
on April 6, 2014
The PS4 I purchased has operated perfectly so far.. The system is far superior to the previous ps3 system. it is a lot faster, and so much easier to use.. i also like how you can use multiple things at once and easily access them via the center PS button on the controller- i like being able to play music unlimited as I am playing games or doing other things.. I'm just waiting until they sell enough systems so there is financial incentive for game developers to put all their talents into PS4/xbox1 games..right now there are 100 million ps3/xbox systems and maybe 10 percent of that # of the new systems.. so they obviously won't sell as many games on the new systems. maybe in a year or 2 we will start seeing amazing games. only new game i want to see is watchdogs, which, to be honest, looks like grand theft auto with hacking
on November 16, 2013
First I want to state that my initial launch edition was doa out of the box with the pulsing blue light and no video defect. In less than a week amazon had a brand new one to me and this one worked perfect. Props to amazon for quick turnaround, they always seem to make things right.

After finally getting a chance to play this new console I can easily see what all the hype is about. Not only does the system look very hansom sitting next to it's older brother (ps3), it's very quiet even with a disc in the drive. The UI is simple and easy to navigate, I had no problems figuring out where to go or what to do. The controller really feels like a quality item. If feels really sturdy and comfortable in my hands. The new touch pad and little speaker is a nice addition. Sony didn't skimp on this thing.

The first game I downloaded was of course Resogun and while it seems like a simple arcade type shooter, it still finds a way to show off what the system can do. Very fun and addictive. After that I popped in Assassin's Creed 4 and was in awe of how the game plays and looks. It truly feels next gen. I'm very excited for what the future holds in the PlayStation 4! Also, I'd like to add that the share options are very cool and make it so simple to show people what you're playing. It really impressed me.

I would highly recommend getting this system if you're thinking next gen.
on January 3, 2014
with its sleek new look, super fast and responsive controls, and not to mention the best graphics card on any console, the ps4 is my system of choice. load time are fast and smooth (including downloading time). The online multiplayer is a HUGE improvement from the ps3 and the graphics are crisp and amazing. So far out of all the games I played for the ps4, Battlefield 4 is the only one that really looks like a next gen title. despite all the bad media the game is getting, I have had very few problems with it. as of the latest patches I haven't had any problems with it, def worth it a play through though. As for the PS4, I can't wait to see what this powerful mat chine is going to be capable of.
on November 19, 2013
Review in Progress

This is my first time buying a launch Sony system since the PS2. System is working fine and I'm enjoying my time with the system. There were some weird glitches on the UI on the first two days, but it appears that it was due to the PSN connection issues during launch. I would hold back on purchasing if you are afraid that you may get a faulty system (Please see all of the 1 star reviews). If you don't mind taking the risk of having to send the system back to Sony I would fully recommend getting one for yourself. It'll be interesting to compare the PS4 launch to the Xbox One to see which has the smoothest launch.

This review is ongoing, it may change.. Hopefully my system won't brick anytime soon.

3 Stars during 11/15/13
4 1/2 Starts on 11/19/13

Pros:

Great Graphics; I'm finding the detail in AC4 to be truly immersive and it's adding a lot to my overall experience.
Social: The social aspect of the system is quite fun. It's interesting to watch live streams of other players around the world..It should be better in the future with more a better variety of games and when the system is out in Japan.

Cons:

Controller battery lasts only 4-6 game play hours; depending on how much a game uses the rumble feature.
Current Game library: I know this is typical of a new game system launch.
on March 12, 2014
I just got my ps4 and it came a day early for me which made me happy. All was sealed and brand new with no problems. I followed directions and hooked everything up and everything is working just fine. I have no problems with this machine, so far, but I've been a big fan of Sony since the beginning. The graphics are outstanding. The controller works with my hands and fits perfect. I didn't research the controller very well so when it spoke it startled me, lol. Very cool. I got the one year subscription and I like getting one free game a month. I'm so happy amazon restocked the ps4 because for a long time I couldn't find it in my area in any store.