Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $49.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on March 2, 2017
So I ordered this the other day with the impression I was buying the full sized PS4. well. I received the slim. There's not much of a difference between the two so I'm keeping it.
If I wanted a slim I would have saved myself a few bucks and ordered the bundle.
22 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2017
Very satisfied with the product, my grandson is so happy.
review imagereview image
0Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 26, 2014
The PS4 is a well-built machine that gives you a lot of horsepower at a relatively low cost, especially when you consider the fact that its predecessor, the PS3, launched at $200 more for the primary SKU. While it doesn't have many exclusive games at the moment, you're buying into the PS4 for its potential. As Sony demonstrated with the PS3, they know how to create great games with characters you care about, not just soulless experiences that are, sadly, flooding the market on mobile devices. If you want high quality gaming experiences with cutting edge visuals, well-realized worlds and characters, Sony's developers have mastered that craft.

As for the hardware itself, I've had no issues with it. There have been some complaints about the blue light of death error, disc read error, and some HDMI issues, but these issues seem to be within the acceptable failure rate for a new game console. Sony's competitors have also had issues reported with their consoles on the internet, so no matter which piece of hardware you buy, there's always the possibility that it could be a lemon, though it's not likely. With my experience, however, the PS4 was easy to set up and get going. The hardware does get a bit warm when running a disc, but if you turn it off in standby mode the fans will continue to run until it has cooled down, then the fans will turn off, so that's nice.

As for the controller, it fits well in my rather large hands and feels comfortable during long play sessions. With that said, it's not without issues. I have noticed that the analog stick covers are a bit cheaply made and can often start to wear off if you're rough with the controller. It's a bit of a shame that the controller can have some issues because otherwise it's a very nice controller overall.

And as for the games, there aren't a ton of exclusives, but there's enough to satisfy you. My game recommendations are as follows:

Infamous: Second Son - One of the best looking games out there, if not the best. Absolutely stunning open world environment.

Killzone: Shadow Fall - Not my favorite Killzone game, but definitely still worth playing. It also boasts some impressive graphics.

Warframe - It's free to play and it's great fun.

Thief - Criminally underrated. Not perfect but I love it. Great atmospheric stealth action.

There are more games that you may or may not like, but those are some that I've enjoyed the most.

Overall, in my opinion, the PS4 is a very nice system that I can recommend to any gamer looking for a new console.
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 2, 2014
So far, so good. My wife has played Knack and enjoyed it. If you like Ratchet and Clank, you would probably like it. I've been playing Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and it is stunning on the PS4. I have an EPSON 8350 Projector and it looks great on my 105" screen. I've also played Blu-ray on the system and streamed Netflix with no issues. Can't wait for more games to come out. I don't like FPS, so I'll be skipping those.
The only thing I don't like is the lack of MP3 support. I use my PS3 as a music hub, which I will continue to do, but it would be nice if I could hook my external HD of music up to the PS4 and do the same. Maybe someday they'll release a patch for that.
on November 15, 2013
Let me talk a little about the console.

We've had ours since launch day because... we preordered one the day preorders were possible. Our expectations were high for the console build and features and realistic for the launch date games and both expectations were generally met. In other words, we are happy so far and we are happy to see that every firmware update gets us a slightly more capable gaming console and every month there are new good, sometimes great and every once in a while awesome games released, some multi-platform, some exclusive.

So, without regurgitating published specs... let's talk about what you get out of a PS4

THE AWESOME AND THE GOOD

Here they are, first briefly, then discussed below.

- Awesome, flawless graphics. No, I am not comparing the PS4 to gaming PCs that cost 2-3-4 times as much. For what we pay, and comparing the PS4 to the previous generation of consoles, the graphics a quite impressive. And it's not just resolution but the console's ability to keep track of a lot more independently moving objects without slowing down or dropping frames.
- Near-revolutionary new DualShock 4 controller. Battery life is not that great (get a second if you can spare the extra cash) but I do appreciate the added in-controller speakers, the clickable touchpad and the way the slightly beefier controller feels.
- When compared to the PS3, 10x the processing power, 32x more RAM and it shows.
- Digital content is available at whatever PS4 you log into
- HDD still upgradeable without voiding warranty - popped in a 1TB 7200 RPM upgrade and it was easy.
- No power brick
- Game and chat audio can be sent to a headset through PS4's 3.5mm port.
- Many media apps: Netflix, Amazon, etc. and the list is constantly growing.
- Online access is 100% optional. Yes, you can do it all, including system patches without ever connecting your PS4 to the Internet.
- PS Plus subscription only required for (most) multiplayer games, not for media services.
- PS Plus offers a couple of good 'free' games, some older AAAs, some new indies every month and you can play them for as long as you are subscribing.
- Plenty of sharing, social features

THE UGLY AND THE BAD

And... yeah, not everything is awesome and here it is what needs to be fixed or get better so that we all become a happy gaming family. This may seem to be a long list but I am confident that quite a few of the items below are going to be addressed sooner rather than later and nearly all of them before the end of 2014.

- No Media Server/DLNA support and this is one of the few reasons our old PS3 is used almost as much as the PS4
- No support for audio CDs (no big deal to most but still dumb)
- No support for Bluetooth headsets (I bet they'll fix this soon)
- No support for mice of any kind (Bluetooth or USB)
- DS4's lightbar can't be turned off completely even though it can be dimmed a little
- Doesn't play PS3 games except for the few available as streaming rentals and the price for that service is not 'right'.

FIVE STARS IF THIS SUITS YOU

There are different bundles available so it's good to be able to pick the one that fits you best. Promos come and go so take advantage of one. I noticed that at the time I am writing this review you get one of 4 free games as a download which is nice.

>> Brush your teeth, it's the law! <<
on July 12, 2017
I bought a used version, it works, was considered "used in good condition" -- this thing barely has a scratch on it, eve if it did have scratches, it's sitting in a dark area of the entertainment area anyways, I plan on laminating it so it looks a bit brighter in the darkness , probably use some vinyl material. Controller 🎮 is good, cables are good, the unit is working, including the disc player.
on January 25, 2014
The only downside is the download time.... But other Han that and the lack of battery life on the controller it's quiet a fine specimen
on October 10, 2016
Very happy with my purchase! Got an amazing deal on it, and it came in perfect condition, unopened box, all the cords, little head set, one controller and charger included and works perfect! My boyfriend is in love with it! Thank you!!!
on January 14, 2015
I did receive this product on time. However, I now open the box, followed all the instructions and the product isn't booting up. Receiving an error unable to read memory.
on April 10, 2014
Not necessarily needed at the moment as I do still play my PS3 and PSVita. But they are all connected via the PlayStationNetwork, its a pretty nice feeling. Graphics are fantastic, blue-ray quality is still there and they even simplified the menu and general options. The controllers also seem to melt in my hands, they are by far my favorite out of all PS controllers; it also features a nice touch pad in the middle as well as a small speaker. At the moment this is only used in some games, while other games take advantage of the controllers lighting effects (Tomb Raider). All in all this is a big step forward for all Sony PlayStation players, might not need to get it just yet but it is a very nice option!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.