Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 8,999 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11,631 reviews
on March 2, 2017
So I ordered this the other day with the impression I was buying the full sized PS4. well. I received the slim. There's not much of a difference between the two so I'm keeping it.
If I wanted a slim I would have saved myself a few bucks and ordered the bundle.
on March 26, 2014
The PS4 is a well-built machine that gives you a lot of horsepower at a relatively low cost, especially when you consider the fact that its predecessor, the PS3, launched at $200 more for the primary SKU. While it doesn't have many exclusive games at the moment, you're buying into the PS4 for its potential. As Sony demonstrated with the PS3, they know how to create great games with characters you care about, not just soulless experiences that are, sadly, flooding the market on mobile devices. If you want high quality gaming experiences with cutting edge visuals, well-realized worlds and characters, Sony's developers have mastered that craft.

As for the hardware itself, I've had no issues with it. There have been some complaints about the blue light of death error, disc read error, and some HDMI issues, but these issues seem to be within the acceptable failure rate for a new game console. Sony's competitors have also had issues reported with their consoles on the internet, so no matter which piece of hardware you buy, there's always the possibility that it could be a lemon, though it's not likely. With my experience, however, the PS4 was easy to set up and get going. The hardware does get a bit warm when running a disc, but if you turn it off in standby mode the fans will continue to run until it has cooled down, then the fans will turn off, so that's nice.

As for the controller, it fits well in my rather large hands and feels comfortable during long play sessions. With that said, it's not without issues. I have noticed that the analog stick covers are a bit cheaply made and can often start to wear off if you're rough with the controller. It's a bit of a shame that the controller can have some issues because otherwise it's a very nice controller overall.

And as for the games, there aren't a ton of exclusives, but there's enough to satisfy you. My game recommendations are as follows:

Infamous: Second Son - One of the best looking games out there, if not the best. Absolutely stunning open world environment.

Killzone: Shadow Fall - Not my favorite Killzone game, but definitely still worth playing. It also boasts some impressive graphics.

Warframe - It's free to play and it's great fun.

Thief - Criminally underrated. Not perfect but I love it. Great atmospheric stealth action.

There are more games that you may or may not like, but those are some that I've enjoyed the most.

Overall, in my opinion, the PS4 is a very nice system that I can recommend to any gamer looking for a new console.
on January 25, 2014
The only downside is the download time.... But other Han that and the lack of battery life on the controller it's quiet a fine specimen
on January 9, 2017
Very satisfied with the product, my grandson is so happy.
on June 17, 2014
As a big baseball fan, I wanted the the next-gen version of MLB 14 The Show which prompted me to buy a PS4. Now I can't wait for Sony to continue the tradition of bringing a slew of great exclusive titles to this thing, just like they did with the PS3 & PS2.

To go along with my PS4, I purchased a 1.5 TB hard drive to swap with the 500 GB hard drive that is included with the console. The console and larger hard drive arrived on the same day, so before even turning the console on, I swapped hard drives, and I would like to give kudos to Sony for making this incredibly easy. Now that I have a much larger hard drive in my PS4, it will be my main console for the generation, and will be the console I purchase most, if not all multi-platform titles on.

After having the console for a month and a half so far, I really enjoy it. The UI is great and easy to use, and the speed in switching from one game to another is a breeze.

I find myself gaming on my PS4 much more than I do my Xbox One or my Wii U.
on February 23, 2016
I warily bought this product open box for a steep discount, and I could not be more ecstatic! I play a LOT of video games, and this system is everything I'd hoped. Powerful, sleek, runs quietly, functions perfectly - I am a very happy consumer. I do everything from playing The Witcher and COD to streaming Netflix and HBO to shopping on PSN, and this system is stellar across the board.

Bottom line: I thought "How can it be any better than the PS3? As a broke post-grad, should I really invest so much money?" And the answer is a resounding YES - If you love PS3, this system will seem spectacular and is absolutely worth the money.
on March 30, 2017
I purchased the launch edition when the PS4 came out. I always try to get all my consoles from Amazon as I don't need to worry about waiting in lines at retail stores. I love basketball so my favorite game to play is NBK 2K series.

This came perfectly in box with no damage whatsoever. No complaints here!
on August 1, 2016
Went with sony back in 2014.. and i have had a great 2 years so far.

It did get loud after a year or so of use. At which i opened the console and there was a ton of dusk clogging the fan.

I use my ps4 for everything lol. Netflix ,youtube friends , video capture, streaming, .

I cannot play movies off a usb drive and i cannot play music off a usb drive.

So i dock a star , overall she is a BEAST
on October 10, 2016
Very happy with my purchase! Got an amazing deal on it, and it came in perfect condition, unopened box, all the cords, little head set, one controller and charger included and works perfect! My boyfriend is in love with it! Thank you!!!
on April 10, 2014
Not necessarily needed at the moment as I do still play my PS3 and PSVita. But they are all connected via the PlayStationNetwork, its a pretty nice feeling. Graphics are fantastic, blue-ray quality is still there and they even simplified the menu and general options. The controllers also seem to melt in my hands, they are by far my favorite out of all PS controllers; it also features a nice touch pad in the middle as well as a small speaker. At the moment this is only used in some games, while other games take advantage of the controllers lighting effects (Tomb Raider). All in all this is a big step forward for all Sony PlayStation players, might not need to get it just yet but it is a very nice option!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.