Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 9,037 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11,666 reviews
on May 29, 2014
The user interface takes a little bit of getting used to, but seems to be relatively simple and ad-free compared to that of the Xbox One. The ability to put apps (i.e. Netflix or Amazon Prime) on hold to open another app or navigate through the menus is great.

The controller is great, though I do miss the "start" button. The touch pad works well in game play and doesn't feel gimmicky. The recent system update allowing users to dim the light bar on the controller has helped extend the decent battery life.

I highly recommend purchasing with a PlaysStation Plus subscription, as the free games every month are a nice addition. The free games for the PlayStation 4 are nowhere near as good as the options that have been coming out for the PlayStation 3, however.
on March 31, 2014
This is my first foray into anything PlayStation. Having played on Xbox and Xbox 360, I was a little afraid to try something new. Overall I am very impressed with the new console. One of the big differences is that the battery is built into the console and there's no huge power brick taking up space. The graphics are spectacular and I can't wait to see programmers reach its full potential. The standby mode is great when you are gone for a while because it will download all the updates while you are away. The big fault is that sometimes it's hard to tell if the updates are downloading and/or updating or possibly stuck. If you are into games and graphics, this console is a perfect fit. Xbox One spent so much time trying to be everything that I feel they have dropped the ball on games and graphics.
on June 8, 2014
Great console which really shows how PlayStation has matured in time. While it's specifications are endlessly debated as in all console generations; they are first class and covered by other raters. What is notable is how well the PlayStation OS and online network has evolved from the PS3 days. Very well designed OS and GUI, with quick transitions and a high degree of social media and video/image sharing built in that really separates this from the competition.

The game library is still a bit thin, as most early days for a generation are; but with the ease of development, the upcoming library is very exciting. Sort of has a PlayStation2-esque feel to it.

Recommended for any console buyers. It's time to jump in.
on April 6, 2014
I skipped the entre PS3 era, not a fanboy I just got an Xbox 360 for Xmas back then so that's what I rocked with. Got the Xbox one on launch and waited for a PS4 to become available for MONTHS.. Finally got lucky and saw amazon and not some independent seller sellin for 200+ over retail, and couldn't be happier. I love the UI of the PS4 Surprisingly more than my XB1, wish I could make custom themes though like on PS3 but no biggie, I haven't had any problems. I find myself using it more than my XB1 and I have TitanFall Lls, seriously tho it's great for everything. Games, movies, and Internet.

Edit: I actually like the PS4 yi better but the Xbox one apps better. Internet is waay better on XBOX one. Better flash player so less restrictions on websites (for movie steamers) ;)
on February 9, 2014
I was really skeptical about purchasing the PS4 in November, and I'm guess I'm glad I waited until February. It looks like a decent amount of people had issues with their PS4's, and that's a shame. But, I guess time and lessons learned has paid off for Sony. The one that was shipped out to me has worked FLAWLESSLY. Here's a quick breakdown:

PROS:
- The new XMB OS is amazing and lightyears beyond the PS3 XMB.
- Online play is more stable and faster than PS3. Looks like Sony can afford better servers now with PS+ :)
- Graphics are out of this world. On par with PC graphics at this time.
- Dualshock 4 is comfortable, easy to use, and the best the PlayStation has ever had. It's still not as good as the Xbox 360 controller, but it's only off by a hair. The speaker on the controller is a welcome addition, as is the touchpad.

CONS:
- Not a lot of games out right now.
- Was promised controller charging on off mode, but it's only when the PS4 is on standby mode. A small letdown.

All in all I recommend getting one now that is seems Sony has worked out the kinks of the launch day ones.
on March 18, 2014
While waiting for my PlayStation 4, I read into research of the many hardware failures that occurred around launch. So, I did go in with a little bit of panic, but after being told by Sony that they released a second generation of PS4s, I felt more at ease with the system, and come delivery day, I hooked up the console, did the mandatory updates, got my profile set up, and it works like a charm.

The only major complaint I have is that there aren't many games out for it, which is normal for a standard console launch, but it's nothing I take points off for. I have my system out in the open and well ventilated, and if you have to ask if I'm a fanboy, the answer is no. I go with the console that suits my needs as a gamer, which I think the PS4 can do. The 1080p/60fps is a bonus incentive to have a PS4.

If you're going to get a new console, not speaking as a fanboy, but as a gamer, go with Sony, because I can assure you from my experience that I've had no problems at all with the system, and it's worth the money, even if you wait until the holidays to get one.
on February 15, 2014
We reserved this back when they announced a release date. My husband did have some issues with the disc loading after a couple months, but the console was fixed or replaced (unsure which) very quickly and it works fine now. Buying the video camera is worth it- there's some mini games on it that my 2 yr old LOVES and the camera allows you to use the voice feature (my 2 yr old stands in front of it yelling "ON!" "OFF!" because he sees my husband doing that a lot). The voice feature is hit and miss... it tends to work, but you may occasionally have times where you're yelling at it and it's not listening. Fortunately, my 2 yr old doesn't speak well enough to turn it off on my husband yet while he's playing.

The graphics on the games are beautiful. The mini games are really cute... there's these little guys and you can download an app for your phone to draw them a "ball" to toss around. My 2 yr old runs around with my husband's phone drawing "circles" (not really, they're mostly blurbs) and gets a kick out of the little guys tossing the stuff he draws around.
on February 13, 2014
Looks great , except the fact , that glossy finish is extremely easy to scratch or to leave marks. I wiped it with microfiber cleaning cloth that I use for my glasses and still lots of light scratches all over the surface. The controller's battery do not last as much , as the one in the PS3 controller. This console has a long way ahead , and I'm looking to see its progress ! Can't wait for the next "Naughty dog", "Santa Monica" and "Quantic Dream" games ! TO unleash the graphic to its full potential , and to get a native 1080p resolution with all details maxed to match the PS4 hardware performance ! I used to have both PS3 and XBOX 360 consoled , but sold them to get true 1080p on my 150" projector screen. At this image size , resolution must be the highest one accepted by your hardware. I'll get XBOX one , but not until they get rid of the power brick and reduce the size and weight to the PS4 level ! However design the Microsoft next generation console , needs replacement ! External power supply, DDR3, old VHS design and footprint? Really ?
on March 21, 2014
We bought both the PS4 and the Xbox One when they came out last year. Since then 90% of our gaming has been on the PS4. The PS4 we purchased from Amazon was actually the third one in our family. My youngest son bought one and I gave my launch edition to my oldest son so I wanted another one for myself. I've had a chance to play several titles that are available to both systems (Ghosts, Assassins Creed and Battlefield 4) and the PS4 versions clearly looked better with all three of those titles. I'll still play Xbox exclusives like Titanfall and Forza on the One, but all other games are going to be PS4 versions for now on.

I was a hardcore 360 fan before with a Gamerscore of 32,000 on XBL. PS4 has completely changed my mind about Playstation.
on October 19, 2016
So far very pleased, plays games and Netflix which is all I really needed it to do and does it well.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.