Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 9,017 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11,648 reviews
on December 6, 2013
Like corporations that sincerely care about their consumers, Sony has done a stunning job with their Playstation 4 by learning from their mistakes and listening to their target audience (gamers). By doing thorough research on next-generation consoles, I now personally find Sony's intentions of making an amazing machine to be honest at heart. Apps like Netflix and Amazon prime work flawlessly and can be used with or without a Playstation PLUS membership (which, with free games and discounts is a great deal itself). Without a doubt I'd give the PS4 5 stars, but nothing is perfect. My only minor complain is the interface, which could use a bit of work. It's a tad cluttered into one section while the others are hardly ever touched. The system itself thought is incredibly powerful, and it is clear that they did all they could to make it so for its affordable price. Its design is beautiful, light, thin, and black throughout. It wobbles a bit when placed horizontally but trust me when I say this insignificant "flaw" (for lack of a better term) will not bother you. The controller is comfortable and intuitive and the games, though limited at launch, are stunningly beautiful in native 1080p and are only going to get better. Sony definitely delivered.
on March 19, 2014
I love the console but it has sound issues (No 5.1 surround sound when playing Blu ray movies or streaming services, only stereo)

After trying everything and contacting Sony's support team, I got to the conclusion that the PS4 has huge software issues that must be patch really soon. Searching online you'll see all the Sound problems this console has.

I returned my PS4 and I probably get another one when this issue get fixed. However, after 4 months from its released and 400$, you might expect something really different from a console that is supposed to be state of the art tech.
on January 4, 2017
works great. for a used system, it looked really good. looks new. the only thing that it does not come with is the cheap little mic piece, but that is fine. i already had a set of Turtle Beaches and they work fine. i would buy again if i needed to.
on February 16, 2014
I like this console way better than the PS3, its menus are a lot smoother and going to the playstore is even a lot better. Not a bunch of load times like it was on the PS3. Only problem that I have is the controllers battery life is not ass good as it should be and the lack of games but the games will come in due time. The graphics are better but not jaw dropping and the blu ray looks even better on this console. I like this console and if you are a gamer I highly recommend it.
on April 26, 2014
I have had my PS4 for 2 months now and it is awesome. The controller feels great, and has the much needed improvement over the past PS controllers. The Seamless transition from game to main menu then either back or to a new app is great. The updated Party features the are more like how the Xbox 360 is, makes this an almost flawless system. Few things I don't like it getting to messages sent to me, or updates to what my friends are playing, It's hard to sort through and find the High score updates so I know what Im trying to beat them at. Other then that I love this console!! Add the PS app to your phone for wireless keyboard function and you have everything you need for a great gaming system!
on January 14, 2015
I did receive this product on time. However, I now open the box, followed all the instructions and the product isn't booting up. Receiving an error unable to read memory.
on January 9, 2014
I pre-ordered this item right when it was available on June 10, 2013. I saw the E3 conference and I knew this would replace my 7 year old PS3.
I received the console midday on November 15, 2013 with 3 games received before the console: Assassin's Creed 4, Killzone Shadow Fall, & Just Dance 2014. When I first turned ON the console it was easy to set up everything, the camera, HDMI, and Digit Out (audio).

Games:
The games look amazing compared to the last generation games. With the added memory, the maps remember where weapons/items you left on the ground (example all the enemies killed/their weapons, bullet holes, etc.). One downside of these games is that they install the whole game on the PS4's HDD. 3 games took about 110GB so most likely I'll be getting a bigger HDD in the coming years. The benefit of this is that games load up much faster. Also that games run in native 1080p meaning that no more games that have lower resolutions due to some factors.

Videos:
Well nothing new on videos since most people still have FHD TVs and Blu-Ray is the same. The only difference is the 4K support. Since I don't own any 4K Blu-Ray movies I can't comment on this. This doesn't mean that games will play in 4K.

PS Camera: This camera is better than all cameras by PlayStation (obviously). It has dual 720p cameras that capture depth as long as recognizing faces. With Just Dance it works well. The only problem is that it doesn't work well with more than one person, it confuses between players. Not sure if it is the camera's fault or the game. Because the motion controllers still work flawlessly.

Things I didn't like:
The UI. I already have more than a dozen games and they are put in a single row. In order to find the game you haven't played in a while, you have to go across the whole list to get to it. I think it would be better if it had a column/row list and the option to order them alphabetically or in order of last played.
The features that were promised but still no date to when it is going to be released. They had a feature where you play a game and pause it, then put your system in standby mode, when you turn it back on it would return exactly where you left off.

Overall this is a great system and I would highly recommend this to gamers and family people alike.
on October 27, 2016
I definitely love my PS4. The pay-to-play online with PS Plus was a little disappointing, but at least they give you a decent list of games throughout the year. There's a great list of games for the system and the hardware is pretty powerful.

My biggest complaint would be the charge times for the controllers, they only last a few hours each. I feel like I'm always charging them and I'm really contemplating just keeping a plug next to my couch, which shouldn't be something I have to deal with. I've heard there's a new set of controllers coming out for the PRO system that have a lot longer life, so I may get one or two of those.

Overall, if you're in the market for a console, you can't go wrong with the PS4 because there's so much to offer.
on December 27, 2013
The Playstation 4 is an investment in entertainment that I know will pay off. The history of every Sony console proves this. The Playstation 4 came out of the gate at a price point of $400, a full $100 cheaper than its closest competition.

The hardware itself is inline with many mid-powered PC's out there (Minus the GDDR5 RAM). With a majority of the resources running games and not a robust Operating System like Windows, this gives even more power and flexibility.

The Playstation Store offers hundreds of games. If you want to play online, you need a PS Plus account. At 60$, it may sound steep, but it is a great deal. You gain access to discounts on nearly everything in the store, early access to BETA's, FREE games every month for all of the Sony Consoles (PSP, PS Vita, PS3).

What is great about the new store, is that you have the option to download either single or multiplayer first. This allows you to get in and play sooner.

The console can be laid flay or stood vertically. There is bit of a wobble issue if you press the rear left down when flat, but it is so minor and you have to look for it it is hardly worth mentioning.

The console itself is thin and quiet. There is no power brick either. Surprisingly the console stays cool, even after long periods of play.

There are only two USB ports in the front, which I use for controllers.

A drawback for some is the lack of any Video out other than HDMI. So if your TV does not have and HDMI, you are SOL. My brother had to buy a new TV.

The controller is solid and feels natural. The tough pad is underused right now, but the stereo built in has been used in some interesting ways.

The user interface seems basic and simple. You now where everything is without being to cluttered.

If you buy the separate Playstation Camera, you can utilize a free game/demo that comes bundled with the system. As of now, it is useless unless you plan on recording yourself play.

That leads me to one of the most interesting features. The ability to live stream your gameplay for others to view. This has created a community full of people, games, and talk shows that surprised me. Some are lame, some are pretty cool.

The PS4 is a solid system that has focused on games and the community revolving around games. No hidden surprises or limitation. There a new found confidence that I feel is lacking from competition (And this is coming from a fan of other consoles).
on December 2, 2013
I jumped into the "next-gen" with some hesitation. I preordered the PS4 within the first hour of availability and held onto it, despite some back and forth, until it was released. Needless to say, I'm mostly happy with the purchase - though I know it will only be more valuable to me over time.

Let's start with the drawbacks...

Multimedia (lack thereof). The PS4 is a gamer's system in a day and age where the newest tech gadgets try to cater to everyone's cravings. If you are used to the Xbox 360 and having rather robust multimedia offerings at your fingertips, the relatively bland front-end of the PS4 and it's slim offerings of apps/software (carried over from the PS3) will feel a bit underwhelming.

You are going to run out of space soon. The 500 GB drive will be under heavy demand as you amass your PS4 library. Even physical copies of games will need massive installs (NBA 2K14 took a healthy 45 GB worth of space after a long install). Even swapping out a HD won't help you all that much in the long run. If you plan on gaming with this rig for the next 5-10 years, you will likely threaten to go over 1 TB worth of DLC, updates and games. This is a problem that both next-gen consoles face going forward.

The next-gen leap isn't all that spectacular...yet. Take a look at NBA 2K14 and FIFA 14. Nice and smooth, a quality "upgrade" to the current-gen offering, but hardly what you would expect from a generation leap - however, those two games represent the largest graphical leap of any of the launch games. Truth be told, it will get a lot better, faster, but for now, the offerings are mostly glossed-over ports. It will be interesting to see how much this "leap" evolves in the next couple years.

With that out of the way, I'm very happy with my PS4 "upgrade". A few months ago I sold my PS3 in anticipation while holding onto the Xbox 360. The PS4 feels like the perfect gaming machine. It's a sleek design, from the console itself right down to the awesome Dual Shock 4 - which could easily be the best gaming controller ever created. After all the installs/etc (hey, next-gen is just going to have that kinda stuff, we'll have to deal with it) it's generally very easy to get right into a game. PS Plus is a very nice deal going forward and provides a steady diet of great "free" games for the nominal yearly fee. Out of the gate there are plenty of very solid games at launch (despite not being all that much better than the current-gen counterparts as mentioned before) with a community that is growing at a rapid rate - there is no worry that people won't be buying into the next-gen at least.

The real key is this. For $100 less than the competition you still get a very powerful gaming machine that lacks some multimedia aspects and the motion/voice recognition abilities (which you can still gain with the PS4 Eye if you want that stuff). Other than that, both the PS4 and Xbox One generally will offer the same types of experience at a raw gaming level. You certainly can't go wrong with the PS4 if you are just choosing one console going forward - it's already gained a strong share of the market at this early stage and seems to be a very safe investment for the long term (as it essentially won the "public opinion" war in the lead-up to launch).

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.