Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
4-Year Game Console Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of this order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases, preventing fraudulent use or reselling of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity of the missing item.|
About the product
- "Suspend mode" eliminates the load time on your saved game and allows you to immediately return to where you left off by pressing the power button.
- Enables the greatest game developers in the world to unlock their creativity and push the boundaries of play through a platform that is tuned specifically to their needs.
- Engage in endless personal challenges between you and your community, and share your epic moments for the world to see.
- Gamers can share their epic triumphs by hitting the "SHARE button" on the controller, scan through the last few minutes of gameplay, tag it and return to the game.
- With PS Vita, gamers will be able to seamlessly play PS4 games on the beautiful 5-inch display over Wi-Fi in a local environment
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- WARNING: KEEP AWAY FROM ALL CHILDREN. Do not put in mouth or nose. This product contains small magnets. Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled.
CHOKING HAZARD -- This toy is a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Bundle
PlayStation 4 1TB Console - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Limited Edition Bundle
PlayStation 4 500GB Console - Star Wars Battlefront Bundle
PlayStation 4 500GB Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront Console
|Hard Drive Size||500GB||1TB||500GB||500GB|
|Game(s) Included||Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Physical Disc)||Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Physical Disc) and Nuk3town Bonus Map (Digital Download Code)||Star Wars Battlefront (Digital Download Code) and 4 Star Wars Classics (Digital Download Code)||Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition (Physical Disc) and 4 Star Wars Classics (Digital Download Code)|
|Console Edition||Standard Black Console||Limited Edition Skinned Call of Duty Console||Standard Black Console||Limited Edition Skinned Darth Vader Console|
|Accessories Included||1 DualShock 4 Controller + AC Power Cable + HDMI Cable + USB 2.0 Cable + Mono Wired Headset||1 Limited Edtion Call of Duty DualShock 4 Controller + AC Power Cable + HDMI Cable + USB 2.0 Cable + Mono Wired Headset||1 DualShock 4 Controller + AC Power Cable + HDMI Cable + USB 2.0 Cable + Mono Wired Headset||1 Limited Edtion Star Wars DualShock 4 Controller + AC Power Cable + HDMI Cable + USB 2.0 Cable + Mono Wired Headset|
|Release Date||October 9, 2015||November 6, 2015||November 17, 2015||November 17, 2015|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If I wanted a slim I would have saved myself a few bucks and ordered the bundle.
As for the hardware itself, I've had no issues with it. There have been some complaints about the blue light of death error, disc read error, and some HDMI issues, but these issues seem to be within the acceptable failure rate for a new game console. Sony's competitors have also had issues reported with their consoles on the internet, so no matter which piece of hardware you buy, there's always the possibility that it could be a lemon, though it's not likely. With my experience, however, the PS4 was easy to set up and get going. The hardware does get a bit warm when running a disc, but if you turn it off in standby mode the fans will continue to run until it has cooled down, then the fans will turn off, so that's nice.
As for the controller, it fits well in my rather large hands and feels comfortable during long play sessions. With that said, it's not without issues. I have noticed that the analog stick covers are a bit cheaply made and can often start to wear off if you're rough with the controller. It's a bit of a shame that the controller can have some issues because otherwise it's a very nice controller overall.
And as for the games, there aren't a ton of exclusives, but there's enough to satisfy you. My game recommendations are as follows:
Infamous: Second Son - One of the best looking games out there, if not the best. Absolutely stunning open world environment.
Killzone: Shadow Fall - Not my favorite Killzone game, but definitely still worth playing. It also boasts some impressive graphics.
Warframe - It's free to play and it's great fun.
Thief - Criminally underrated. Not perfect but I love it. Great atmospheric stealth action.
There are more games that you may or may not like, but those are some that I've enjoyed the most.
Overall, in my opinion, the PS4 is a very nice system that I can recommend to any gamer looking for a new console.
We got this thing is mainly for PS4 exclusives and to serve as our BluRay player.
I'm glad I got it for cheap.
This thing can get loud on some games, with the fans running as fast as they can to keep the thing cool.
If you are serious about getting into the PS4 ecosystem today, get the PS4 Pro.
If you don't care much, yeah, try to find an old PS4 on the cheap. It'll be fine.
The only thing I don't like is the lack of MP3 support. I use my PS3 as a music hub, which I will continue to do, but it would be nice if I could hook my external HD of music up to the PS4 and do the same. Maybe someday they'll release a patch for that.
We've had ours since launch day because... we preordered one the day preorders were possible. Our expectations were high for the console build and features and realistic for the launch date games and both expectations were generally met. In other words, we are happy so far and we are happy to see that every firmware update gets us a slightly more capable gaming console and every month there are new good, sometimes great and every once in a while awesome games released, some multi-platform, some exclusive.
So, without regurgitating published specs... let's talk about what you get out of a PS4
THE AWESOME AND THE GOOD
Here they are, first briefly, then discussed below.
- Awesome, flawless graphics. No, I am not comparing the PS4 to gaming PCs that cost 2-3-4 times as much. For what we pay, and comparing the PS4 to the previous generation of consoles, the graphics a quite impressive. And it's not just resolution but the console's ability to keep track of a lot more independently moving objects without slowing down or dropping frames.
- Near-revolutionary new DualShock 4 controller. Battery life is not that great (get a second if you can spare the extra cash) but I do appreciate the added in-controller speakers, the clickable touchpad and the way the slightly beefier controller feels.
- When compared to the PS3, 10x the processing power, 32x more RAM and it shows.
- Digital content is available at whatever PS4 you log into
- HDD still upgradeable without voiding warranty - popped in a 1TB 7200 RPM upgrade and it was easy.
- No power brick
- Game and chat audio can be sent to a headset through PS4's 3.5mm port.
- Many media apps: Netflix, Amazon, etc. and the list is constantly growing.
- Online access is 100% optional. Yes, you can do it all, including system patches without ever connecting your PS4 to the Internet.
- PS Plus subscription only required for (most) multiplayer games, not for media services.
- PS Plus offers a couple of good 'free' games, some older AAAs, some new indies every month and you can play them for as long as you are subscribing.
- Plenty of sharing, social features
THE UGLY AND THE BAD
And... yeah, not everything is awesome and here it is what needs to be fixed or get better so that we all become a happy gaming family. This may seem to be a long list but I am confident that quite a few of the items below are going to be addressed sooner rather than later and nearly all of them before the end of 2014.
- No Media Server/DLNA support and this is one of the few reasons our old PS3 is used almost as much as the PS4
- No support for audio CDs (no big deal to most but still dumb)
- No support for Bluetooth headsets (I bet they'll fix this soon)
- No support for mice of any kind (Bluetooth or USB)
- DS4's lightbar can't be turned off completely even though it can be dimmed a little
- Doesn't play PS3 games except for the few available as streaming rentals and the price for that service is not 'right'.
FIVE STARS IF THIS SUITS YOU
There are different bundles available so it's good to be able to pick the one that fits you best. Promos come and go so take advantage of one. I noticed that at the time I am writing this review you get one of 4 free games as a download which is nice.
>> Brush your teeth, it's the law! <<