About the Product
- Play as your favorite PlayStation characters with all their signature moves
- Dynamic environments straight from the characters' worlds
- Interactive mash-up events featuring additional PlayStation characters
- Local and Online tournament modes
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
How many times have you thought about your favorite PlayStation characters and asked yourself who would win in a fight? Would it be Sly Cooper or Kratos? Sweet Tooth or PaRappa the Rapper? Gamers everywhere engage in this argument, heatedly comparing skills, techniques and powers. Most of the time, it comes to a draw, or something close to it. But there's one thing these arguments can't take into consideration — you.
It's your time to prove once and for all that your favorite character and your skill make the ultimate gaming warrior in an epic Battle Royale that your friends will be talking about for months. Pit characters from all across the gaming spectrum against each other and watch the results unfold as they battle with unique techniques in a mash-up of interactive environments true to the games from which they came. Settle that age-old argument and play with your friends or test your favorite characters' skills online in some competitive multiplayer action. No matter how you take to the battlefield, one thing is certain — you've already chosen your side. Now it's time to back it up.
- Challenge your favorite PlayStation characters from all over the gaming spectrum to epic, challenging, exciting battles that are addicting, enjoyable and easy-to-play
- Become the battle commander to over 20 first- and third-party PlayStation characters, including Kratos, Sly Cooper, Sweet Tooth, PaRappa the Rapper and more, with a unique set of attacks and moves characteristic to the personalities you know and love
- Obliterate your opponents online in competitive multiplayer action or face off with a group of friends to see whose favorite character is truly the ultimate warrior
- Revisit each character's world in a mash-up of interactive environments created from different PlayStation games
Top Customer Reviews
Here's the elevator pitch: what if 20 Playstation icons (ok, like 14 + 6 meh-cons) could duke it out in 4 x 4 free for alls? No, the idea is not novel my dear Smash Bros. fans, however the formula had yet to have been duplicated properly on non-Nintendo hardware. Playstation All-Stars fills the niche nicely. Let's get to brass tacks:
- Stages are phenomenally vibrant and alive. Each stage is a mash-up of two franchises, and as unlikely as it seems, it works! The transition between one version of a stage to the next is marked but not jarring. I enjoyed catching cameos of my favorite supporting stars (President Qwark!). The flash and flair is not done at the expense of graphics or performance. Textures and animation are exquisite through out.
- Characters look, move, and sound exactly how you dreamed they would. The textures are well done and there is an appropriate contrast between cartoony fighters like Parappa the Rapper and more realistic ones like Cole McGrath. Pretty characters are all fine and dandy, but in a fighting game, the most important thing is that they play well and are balanced. Check, and check. Even the most annoying characters have a well rounded move set; every one is a threat.
- Its fun. Somewhere around 2 hours into a game I am either playing it, or looking to trade it. I've clocked about 30 hours in PS All Stars and plan to get a few more rounds in.
- One player is really limited.Read more ›
20 cool characters to play with
Fun specials and power ups
You can also get different costumes
Many different levels
In multiplayer it is easy to get lost with everything going on
Sometimes the online disconnects and is slow
Note: To play on line you have to look on the back little paper that comes with the game and follow the instructions
Many call this game a Sony ripoff and I'll agree from what I remember of smash it is similar. I wouldn't say ripoff though. Really in gaming, music, movies etc everything has pretty much been done before. I'm sure you could take almost anything made this year and find something similar in the past. This is a great game with a Sony lineup and honestly this re sparked my interest causing me to pre order the upcoming smash. Both are great games deserving of being made available and I encourage you to give it a go.
Now, ive got to say, it LOOKS like Smash Bros..but its not...
Theres all your favorites exclusive characters, Big Daddy, Nathan Drake, Heihachi Mishima, Raiden(from MGS not Mortal Kombat) among others. But the moves are..i dont know..to simple? Combos are a joke.. I like the "Special" move. Especially Big Daddys LV.3 (huge Bioshock fan) but it sucks that this is the only way to get kills. The ladder gets repetitive. And the final boss is so crappy. I dont want to dissuade you from buying this game but its not very likely to have a high replay value.
The thing that does stand out is that when you play online with actual people. It completely changes the feel. You can play online for hours and not realize it.
And not to mention. Remote Play!! You can fight your buddies that are on your PS3 while you use your Vita. Perfect.
Character level ups dont do much.. I have a level 60 Big Daddy..still the same old Big Daddy to me..
Its a good game, maybe rent it before you buy it to see if its one for your collection.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Didn't get that into it. They tried to do smash bro's and didn't quite make the grade. I'd buy if it's on salePublished 14 days ago by Kindle Customer
The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid. Don't waste your money!Published 1 month ago by mohamed ben othmane
One of my favorite games on the playstation that I owned on the ps3 and now on the vita. The playstation version of super smash bros = more play time for me.Published 3 months ago by Adrian Perara