Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,609 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,059 reviews
on January 7, 2015
I purchased this from the seller GP&Associates. It is not an official Sony controller. It looks almost identical to the real thing, but the product sticker on the back is not the correct label, and the model number is not correct either. I've taken apart both this controller and a genuine Dualshock 3 controller, and the innards are vastly different as well. I've been severely dissapointed, so please be careful which company you purchase this controller from. The model number should be CECHZC2U, whereas this one is CECHZC2H
review image
1313 comments| 501 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2015
I don't know why there are so many 5-stars....I ordered this controller, IT IS FAKE. The battery only lasts for about 3 hours of play and the analog sticks are very, very stiff. The controller that came with my system will last for about 20 hours of play and the analog sticks feel very loose, as they should be for careful aiming.

Ordering directly from the SONY store. DO NOT BUY THIS CONTROLLER.
on August 11, 2016
Sony customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. I had to pay to return a defective product. They exchanged it for the wrong item and then refused to provide the appropriate replacement even if the wrong one was returned. The story is longer but I am now stuck with a PS4 controller that I can't use on my PS3.
on December 28, 2016
I don't know what it is about ps3 controllers but they feel cheaper now. Back when they first came out they felt way more durable but now the buttons feel mushy which is bad especially if your playing fighting games hard to find a decent PS controller. I better just stick with fightpads on my fighting games and use my ps3 controllers while on a different genre.
on May 10, 2016
Updated Review: 4 months after I purchased 2 of these controllers, both of them are now not working. They won't stay connected to my PS3. They stay connected for a couple minutes, then they disconnect and "turn off". I have charged both of them for several hours, I have reset both of them (pinhole button on back), and still they don't stay connected for more than 1-2 minutes. This is VERY frustrating! I purchased the original Sony brand controllers with the expectation that they would last for a while (definitely more than 4 months). Now I have 2 useless controllers that are outside of the return time.

Original Review:I bought a pair of these to replace some "knock-off" controllers I purchased not too long ago that are already failing. I learned my lesson about trying to save money when it comes to technology. Sometimes it's worth it, but most times it's not. In this case, just coughing up the extra dough to purchase the original equipment is well worth it.
on September 7, 2016
I have always enjoyed my PS3, but one of my controllers finally gave out after almost 5 years of use, so I wanted to get a 2nd controller so my friends could play along with me. I have both PS3 and Xbox One, and I have to say that I honestly prefer the Xbox One controller. The vibration motors are 100% better on the Xbox. That being said, the PS3 controller is much more comfortable in hand, and is slightly more responsive, so it is very much well give and take, and personal preference.

I was concerned that ordering off of Amazon, I might get a rip off aftermarket controller, but I am happy to say that I did get an original Sony.
on March 4, 2015
This is not the product I received, instead I received some generic thing that cost 11 bucks. I feel ripped off. I payed a price for a official Sony Controller, so no, I don't like being played with. Be careful of what you see on the picture and advertisement. I though the price was a bit low at $33, but though It was on discount or something, I checked and it was advertised as a Sony controller.
review image
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2015
I have gone through 3 of these official Dualshock 3 controllers and they always wear out and break. The analog sticks get stuck, the plastic wears down creating lots of plastic dust that gets inside and messes up the controllers, the buttons go haywire and randomly press. I have tried to fix all 3 controllers because I'm tired of spending so much money on them and haven't had any success. I have been a professional electronics technician for nearly 20 years and can tell you that Sony designs them with flaws intentionally in order to sell you replacements down the road at a nice profit. This is the exact reason I won't purchase a PS4, their controllers started having issues right out of the box.
on March 10, 2017
Mine quit working in 3 weeks. Doesn't feel like my other Sony models. My 4 year old one now works better than the new one I paid $42 for! I thought I'd spend a little more and get a Sony, but I think I've been hacked with a really good copy. The old one is shinier, and works better.
on April 12, 2017
This model is CECHZC2H, potentially a Chinese knock off. The controllers you want are CECHZC2E or CECHZC2U. Do not be fooled like myself and countless other people.