Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 3,545 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,992 reviews
on January 7, 2015
I purchased this from the seller GP&Associates. It is not an official Sony controller. It looks almost identical to the real thing, but the product sticker on the back is not the correct label, and the model number is not correct either. I've taken apart both this controller and a genuine Dualshock 3 controller, and the innards are vastly different as well. I've been severely dissapointed, so please be careful which company you purchase this controller from. The model number should be CECHZC2U, whereas this one is CECHZC2H
review image
1313 comments| 459 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2016
The reviews here seemed pretty back and forth about whether or not it is real, and I've came to the conclusion that most of these sold are fake. It really is impressive how well they hid it though, since they look genuine from the logo to the overall quality of the controller. The only big thing that stuck out was that they were using the Japanese packaging when the dualshock 3 first launched, instead of the newer 2013+ packaging that looks fairly similar to the Dualshock 4's packaging. That, and the label on the back is not the same kind of sticker material the genuine controllers use, they also contain different info. Other than that it looks almost identical (with some very minor things different).

Final verdict is that if you're looking for a dualshock 3, your best bet is probably going through an actual store, since all the ones here on amazon seem to be either 3rd party controllers or most likely a chinese ripoff, which I find really weird odd the PS3 is still alive and well. Of course, these controllers should work, but if you're already paying 45-60 dollars on one, then get a genuine one instead of this.

Here is also a picture comparing the Chinese ripoff sticker (black) to an actual controller (gold) (ignore the quality of the gold controller, I bought it used with my ps3)
on March 4, 2015
This is not the product I received, instead I received some generic thing that cost 11 bucks. I feel ripped off. I payed a price for a official Sony Controller, so no, I don't like being played with. Be careful of what you see on the picture and advertisement. I though the price was a bit low at $33, but though It was on discount or something, I checked and it was advertised as a Sony controller.
on March 7, 2017
The controller wont charge, even after been connected for hours t the PS3. aste of money , dont buy.

on February 1, 2015
I don't know why there are so many 5-stars....I ordered this controller, IT IS FAKE. The battery only lasts for about 3 hours of play and the analog sticks are very, very stiff. The controller that came with my system will last for about 20 hours of play and the analog sticks feel very loose, as they should be for careful aiming.

Ordering directly from the SONY store. DO NOT BUY THIS CONTROLLER.
on December 20, 2015
Thoroughly pissed. See pics. Considered 3rd party controllers, but figured that I'd spend extra for the real deal- ha! BS!! Came in a Spanish box, with an odd model number (cechzc2m), and just for yucks tried in and it doesn't work!!! Send the piece of sh*t back.
review image review image review image
on May 19, 2015
This is a complete scam. I bought this controller assuming it was an actual Sony ps3 controller and not some 3rd party crappy one. I paid over 35 for it only to find out that it is in fact a crappy 3rd party remote that barely works at best. From the moment I took it out of the packaging I knew right away it wasn't a Sony product because the center round button was just black as opposed to the Sony ps3 logo that comes with the real deal. This is false advertising at its best. I've bought the 3rd party remotes for less than half what I paid for this and they've all worked better than this one has. It will only work when it's plugged in and even then more often than not doesn't work all the time. While connected to the charger it will randomly disconnect itself mid game which is really awesome if you're in the middle of an intense scene. That's if your lucky enough for it to even turn on at all. If your looking to not spend full price for a Sony remote I strongly urge you to buy the ones that cost between 10-15 because while they to have their issues it's a much easier pill to swallow if it doesn't work out vs spending what I did to get this garbage. I can't understand how amazon backs a seller like this not to mention it took 3 weeks to get delivered! This is the first review I've ever written and it's only because I'm so incredibly infuriated about this purchase that I'm warning anyone else to stay away from this.
on April 13, 2015
well, good job, china. you have now taken the confidence out of anything remotely electronic. this thing worked for just a bit longer than the return policy. has to be a fake because if sony themselves flooded the world with unreliable crap like this we would all be buying xboxes. so. $35 gone down the toilet. ill have to go to a brick and mortar store and hope that they get theirs from sony. don't do it unless you have money extra, to burn, in which case ill give you my address and you can mail me a check and ill send you the same crap youll get from this order.
on June 10, 2013
First off, I bought this controller from Worldwide Sales. They did a very good job and sold me a legit SONY controller. I purchased one earlier from a different retailer, and it was a very convincing fake. The battery was poor, and the controls were a little off. It wasn't bad, but once I looked more, it had a very convincing sticker on the back which indicates fake.

All in all, the controller that I bought from Worldwide Sales is an actual Sony, and it is working very well. Here are some tips to help judge between telling a Sony to a fake:

A real Sony feels heavier in your hand and sits better. Also, the PS button is centered and the LED indicators are flush with the controller, and it has a formed tag in the back that is plastic, not a sticker.

A FAKE is lighter, the PS button can be off center and the marking on the buttons can rub off after little use. If you have a fake, it will usually have just a sticker on the back that is poorly placed and the LED's are usually raised a bit. Also the battery is usually very poor, being dead within an hour of use. Finally, a fake will have a harder time pairing with the PS3.

When you look to purchase an authentic Sony, make sure that you do your research first. Make sure that the company is very good and has plenty of 5 star ratings. Also, check their return policy and make sure that if it is a fake, you can return it with no hassle.

If you are in doubt, buy it from a local store such as Best Buy where you shouldn't have a problem.

Lastly, just keep in mind that some of the fakes are very good fakes and you might not be able to tell the difference until you really start to play with it.

Good Luck!
on May 10, 2016
Updated Review: 4 months after I purchased 2 of these controllers, both of them are now not working. They won't stay connected to my PS3. They stay connected for a couple minutes, then they disconnect and "turn off". I have charged both of them for several hours, I have reset both of them (pinhole button on back), and still they don't stay connected for more than 1-2 minutes. This is VERY frustrating! I purchased the original Sony brand controllers with the expectation that they would last for a while (definitely more than 4 months). Now I have 2 useless controllers that are outside of the return time.

Original Review:I bought a pair of these to replace some "knock-off" controllers I purchased not too long ago that are already failing. I learned my lesson about trying to save money when it comes to technology. Sometimes it's worth it, but most times it's not. In this case, just coughing up the extra dough to purchase the original equipment is well worth it.