Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,620 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,069 reviews
on January 7, 2015
I purchased this from the seller GP&Associates. It is not an official Sony controller. It looks almost identical to the real thing, but the product sticker on the back is not the correct label, and the model number is not correct either. I've taken apart both this controller and a genuine Dualshock 3 controller, and the innards are vastly different as well. I've been severely dissapointed, so please be careful which company you purchase this controller from. The model number should be CECHZC2U, whereas this one is CECHZC2H
review image
1313 comments| 507 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2016
I don't know what it is about ps3 controllers but they feel cheaper now. Back when they first came out they felt way more durable but now the buttons feel mushy which is bad especially if your playing fighting games hard to find a decent PS controller. I better just stick with fightpads on my fighting games and use my ps3 controllers while on a different genre.
on March 4, 2015
This is not the product I received, instead I received some generic thing that cost 11 bucks. I feel ripped off. I payed a price for a official Sony Controller, so no, I don't like being played with. Be careful of what you see on the picture and advertisement. I though the price was a bit low at $33, but though It was on discount or something, I checked and it was advertised as a Sony controller.
review image
11 comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2017
Mine quit working in 3 weeks. Doesn't feel like my other Sony models. My 4 year old one now works better than the new one I paid $42 for! I thought I'd spend a little more and get a Sony, but I think I've been hacked with a really good copy. The old one is shinier, and works better.
on April 12, 2017
This model is CECHZC2H, potentially a Chinese knock off. The controllers you want are CECHZC2E or CECHZC2U. Do not be fooled like myself and countless other people.
on February 22, 2015
I bought this controller NEW in Nov 2014. Already (Feb 2015) in 3 1/2 months, the left controller stick is sticking/sliding when I play, making it impossible to play because it won't stay on an object long enough to target the object. It doesn't do it as you touch the controller stick itself, it does it on the screen within the game, which makes it impossible to fix by even tapping the controller stick. This is a Sony controller, filled by Amazon. The first controller I bought was fulfilled by another company and it was sticking from the moment I bought it so I had to return it immediately. This one worked JUST long enough for the return policy to be gone! Someone please tell me how to buy a REAL Sony controller that works and lasts? The one I got with my PS3 lasted for 5 years and is now so loose it doesn't work well, hence, why I bought a new one. Maybe I can't buy one from Amazon... : ( Which really saddens me because I buy so much from them. Buyer BEWARE!
on March 21, 2016
I'm extremely disappointed with this product. I bought this product from WorldWide Distributors, because of their 99% satisfactory rating. Needless to say, I received it damaged. The packaging it came in was not damaged, however, my controller seem to partially popped open. Even though I saw the condition of my controller, I still hoped that it would work fine. Unfortunately, that was not the case, I tried to charge it then USB port fell completely inside the controller.
review image review image
on March 11, 2017
After having this product for one month it is now impossible to use. While playing games, it automatically changes players constantly making it almost impossible to play, however this only does this in 2 player mode. However the only reason I bought this was so we could play games together. Waste of money.
on September 4, 2014
I would be giving this a much higher rating as the controller itself works and feels fine, but there's one major issue that doesn't seem so major until it happens.

That issue is the Select button. The controller I ordered came on Wednesday (yesterday) and the game that I happened to be playing was GTA V. Select is a huge button for GTA V as it controls your camera distance settings as well as the quick-menu in game which is extremely important in online.

When I press the Select button, it acts as if I'm pressing Start. No matter if I press Select gently or if I really press it down -- it still thinks I'm pressing start. In GTA V, I can hold down select and the quick-menu opens, however, as soon as I release the Select button it thinks I pressed Start again.

Now, two other games I play rather frequently are NCAA 14 and Madden 25. Both of these games rely heavily on the Select button to call timeouts. You can't call a timeout with this controller because it thinks that you are pressing the start button. So the only way to do this is the long, annoying way of opening the menu, navigating to timeout and calling it. This is something that should not have to be done.

So, needless to say, I cannot find a reason to use this controller as it does not allow smooth, uninterrupted gameplay. Sure, I probably have a faulty controller or something, but that doesn't fix the issues.

Other than that, the controller feels well made and the buttons feel great.
on October 29, 2016
Broken on arrival. Had a faulty left joystick that wouldn't allow full range of motion and instead would "snap" and "lock" to certain angles. Made most games unplayable as it was impossible to go straight. Don't bother with this, get an official dualshock 3 instead, they work.

Reading other reviews it seems most of these controllers are cheap knock-offs. DON'T BUY THIS.