|Price:||$4.98 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Free EyeCreate download editing software, which allows users to save, edit and add cool visual effects to photos, video and audio clips
- Camera and audio reception making it an integral part of the PlayStation Move motion control system
- A sophisticated microphone with the ability to reduce background noise and focus on spoken word for smoother, more accurate speech recognition
- Two fast frame rates for improved tracking, responsiveness and smoothness
- Two position zoom lens for close-up and full body options and 4 channel audio input - 16-bits/channel, 48kHz, SNR 90db
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It's well built, and sturdy looking. The camera pivots from left to right on it's base, but cannot be adjusted to look up or down. The camera auto-focuses, and seems to do a nice job of it. The lens does twist to provide a "zoom" view of the subject as well. Perhaps the thing I was most impressed with is the sound quality it is able to capture. I recorded a few demo videos to test the functionality, and found that you can easily sit 10 feet from the camera and talk in very normal tones and the camera picks it all up beautifully. The sound is rich and full. I have not had the chance to video chat with it yet, but from what I have seen, it will be nice and easy. The 360 offers a similar product, but the image quality and frame rates are not quite as good, and you are required to wear a headset to transmit voice and pick up sound. Overall, I am pleased with it from a hardware aspect, with he only real downsides being the fact that you cannot pivot the lens up or down.
No software comes with the camera. Instead, you must grab it from the Playstation Store on the PSN. It is a free download, and takes up very little space. The software itself is easy, but does have a small learning curve due to the fact that it does not come with much in the way of detailed instructions.Read more ›
Getting my hands on this has been a few weeks in coming. Deciding on whether I wanted to purchase it with a game is what kept me. In reality I didn't need a card game so I purchased this for the measely sum of $40 and now I have this beautiful contraption. Once you open the package there is not much to it. Connect the 6 foot usb cord to the PS3 and go to device settings and make sure your PS3 is aware it has a camera. No installation here which makes life that much easier.
If you have access to the Playstation Network you can download the Eye Create software for free. A rather small and unassuming file packed with punch. I really didn't expect much from a free program but I was in for a big surprise. The program is actually an editing program and a very simple but very good one at that. The program allows for capturing video, sound, and pics. You can then edit your masterpiece to create a decent home movie. I am still unaware as to whether I can upload the videos onto Youtube or mail them to others on my friend list. This is a great little bonus program to owning the Eye.
As of now there are a couple mini games available at a low price on the PSN. And of course they are interactive with the Eye. The first game is actually an aquarium. I don't know as much for a game as an interactive screen saver that would be nice when your entertaining.Read more ›
However, what I was shocked to find, though was how well this also worked as a normal PC Webcam.
1. Picture was smooth, probably because the framerate can go up to 120 FPS.
2. Software drivers for various verisons of Windows, including Windows 7.
3. The camera can lower resolution and do a wider angle, which is very nice.
4. Microphone was very nice.
5. Once set up, worked with Skype, OSB for Twitch streaming, about everything I tried.
1. Camera only supports up to 640x480 (however, not much of one as that's a sensible resolution that won't eat your bandwith)
2. PC Drivers are not by Sony, or officially supported, you have to find them. There was an annoying bug that evverytime I reboot my pc, I have to unplug and replug the camera to get the microphone to work in Windows 7.
3. PC Drivers are 32-bit only, and that meant, for example, I coudl only run the 32 bit version of OSB to stream for Twitch.
The Camera isn't an amazing piece of hardware, it's just a decent piece of hardware at an amazing price, that can work for a PS3, a PC, be reasonably modified into an IR camera, etc. For that, it really deserves 5 stars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Picks up motion well but range could be wider to allow for more movements.Published 4 days ago by People Person
Works great as a PC platform for FaceTrackNoIR. Didn't have to mess with it at all. Very cheap for that application. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Kevin R
*WARNING* To use this with a Windows machine, you need to purchase a driver developed by a third party company. Found here: [... Read morePublished 21 days ago by Daniel
It doesn't what it's supposed to do.
I took off one star because of the poor design by Sony. Anyone who has one knows how frustrating it is that the cord is stiff, and the... Read more