Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "PlayStation Eye” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 86% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25—or get FREE Two-Day Shipping with
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping
Get free shipping with fast payment.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Free EyeCreate download editing software, which allows users to save, edit and add cool visual effects to photos, video and audio clips
- Camera and audio reception making it an integral part of the PlayStation Move motion control system
- A sophisticated microphone with the ability to reduce background noise and focus on spoken word for smoother, more accurate speech recognition
- Two fast frame rates for improved tracking, responsiveness and smoothness
- Two position zoom lens for close-up and full body options and 4 channel audio input - 16-bits/channel, 48kHz, SNR 90db
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
EyeCreate is the first video editing software for the PlayStation3. Using EyeCreate and the PlayStation Eye camera, you can capture video, audio and even photos which can then be edited into a movie. An extensive list of special effects such as Color Filters, Distortions, Art Filters and Motion Trails can give your video a professional touch. There are even advanced features such as Time Lapse and Stop Motion to experiment with. Once you're done creating and editing your masterpiece, Export it to watch it on the Video folder of the XMB. EyeCreate will let you express yourself and get creative!
Top Customer Reviews
Note that this will not work with a Mac, at least without a fair bit of finagling. However, it works fine with the Pi. For the price, I really could not ask for more.
Also, if you're interested in Raspberry Pi video input, the OEM Raspberry Pi camera provides better video due to the built-in connector, but it is extremely delicate (I've already damaged one with a very minor drop - something I'd never have expected to cause a problem), and you're limited by the short ribbon cable (which can be extended but which is still not very flexible). This provides much of the capability for less money and with more durability.
However, what I was shocked to find, though was how well this also worked as a normal PC Webcam.
1. Picture was smooth, probably because the framerate can go up to 120 FPS.
2. Software drivers for various verisons of Windows, including Windows 7.
3. The camera can lower resolution and do a wider angle, which is very nice.
4. Microphone was very nice.
5. Once set up, worked with Skype, OSB for Twitch streaming, about everything I tried.
1. Camera only supports up to 640x480 (however, not much of one as that's a sensible resolution that won't eat your bandwith)
2. PC Drivers are not by Sony, or officially supported, you have to find them. There was an annoying bug that evverytime I reboot my pc, I have to unplug and replug the camera to get the microphone to work in Windows 7.
3. PC Drivers are 32-bit only, and that meant, for example, I coudl only run the 32 bit version of OSB to stream for Twitch.
The Camera isn't an amazing piece of hardware, it's just a decent piece of hardware at an amazing price, that can work for a PS3, a PC, be reasonably modified into an IR camera, etc. For that, it really deserves 5 stars.